• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

vctor182

I missed the reveal, can someone tell if we'll need to level up our exotics again?

Top of the page trick!

bzw9ygvouobhhqr4i4cw.gif

I really like all the stuff I saw with the reveal, but I have a couple questions.

1. Why are we not sharding current legendaries we don't use? I remember hearing we shouldn't shard anything until this reveal, but they pretty much said only year 2 legendaries have the ability to do the 'consume' thing that lets you sacrifice weapons to make others stronger unless I missed something?

2. There were several exotics that I sharded (Red Death, 4th Horseman, etc) and don't have on my character/vault. Will those be in the exotic vault for me to recover or is it just weapons/armor I have on me?

Daemul

can't help but hoard because the next weapon balance or tweak could potentially make certain guns better or worse.

Meh, none of the weapon balance changes have made me change my loadouts, regardless of what changes there's stuff I'm just more comfortable using than others, so anything getting buffed won't make me run to use it if I hate that weapon archetype *cough* Scout rifles *cough*.

Raid gear has a higher atk/def than year 2 exotics?

The Green guy said Exotics had the infusion node so maybe, unless there's higher level exotics that you can use to infuse lower level ones.

todd360

Now is the part of the cycle where the hype has ended and we eat each other alive!

Lol. Tis a viscous cycle. I always seem to get eaten first so I should know. I swear you guys have a secret twitter conversation message that everyone sees and then everyone comes here to bash me. #Toddsaidsomethingcontroversial

NeOak

I missed all the BO3 codes :(

Also, I'm not going to have enough time for TTK. Job plus school is going to suck ;-;

LiK

Meh, none of the weapon balance changes have made me change my loadouts, regardless of what changes there's stuff I'm just more comfortable using than others, so anything getting buffed won't make me run to use it if I hate that weapon archetype *cough* Scout rifles *cough*.

The Green guy said Exotics had the infusion node so maybe, unless there's higher level exotics that you can use to infuse lower level ones.

Those AR nerfs have scarred me for life.

I missed the reveal, can someone tell if we'll need to level up our exotics again?

There are level 40 versions of some of the current exotics with remixed perks and different looks (there was a black steel level 40 Suros Regime that looked sexy). I didn't see anything in the way of upgrading current exotics beyond that. Good news is if for example you already have a Suros you don't have to have the level 40 version drop it's in the Exotic collection just waiting for you to grab it. I think I saw it will cost Legendary marks to "acquire" it though.

zewone

My guess is that maybe you can upgrade those exotics with Year 2's first expansion exotics.

They could just be implementing it now. It's hard to say since we only have a small bit of the info.

Daemul

And I do feel part of the Destiny community even if the community manager doesn't think we are.

Eh, I would say I feel part of the DestinyGAF community, the term Destiny community is too broad and I don't like the way it's used by some streamers and Youtube celebs.

Gammacide

Been working all day but watched most of the stream at work and man am I excited for TTK. Way more than ever. My gf is even going to try it and reroll a human warlock. I am SO excited about the vault space as I thought I'd have to delete a lot when we deleted my current warlock. Plus the quick lvl 25? Money. This game is crack and I am addicted.

Considering the numerous shout outs to DestinyGAF people have given for Trials runs and the like, it's hard to say it's not.

Yeah we definitely are a strong community. Like you said gaffers got Kotaku writers to Mercury and even DJ Dabouya. We just are overshadowed by reddit because they are a fan club while we are much more critical at times.

I'm fine with it was I have enjoyed my first year of Destiny very much, but they played a dangerous game by pushing out a game without all the polish and content it probably should have had. There's a reason the game has a very negative stigma in general gaming. But, like you said, from a personal experience it's cool seeing how far it's come.

I think the game industry can be pretty forgiving of games that launch poorly and improve over time. Aside from a few things, the game will be in a solid state next month.

It was Bungie's poor PR that lengthened and continues to generate backlash for them. Nevertheless, I'd rather be a fan of a game that is hated by outsiders than a fan of a game where the fans hate each other.

vctor182

There are level 40 versions of some of the current exotics with remixed perks and different looks (there was a black steel level 40 Suros Regime that looked sexy). I didn't see anything in the way of upgrading current exotics beyond that. Good news is if for example you already have a Suros you don't have to have the level 40 version drop it's in the Exotic collection just waiting for you to grab it. I think I saw it will cost Legendary marks to "acquire" it though.

Great I don't want to go all Dark Below again with my exotics.

X-Frame

In one of the new quests called "The Legion's Beachhead" it says "The Guardian's assault on the Cabal Skyburners entrenched on the..."

'Skyburner' is a cool name. Should've been what the new Solar Titan sub-class was called instead.

Which I still don't get since the hate goes beyond Neogaf. Hell during that "LukeGate" reddit was damn scary.

Let's not even start on their own forums.

Bungie doesn't even read their own forums from what I've heard lol. Everyone was pissed at Luke. I don't know if reddit has as much dislike for Deej as gaf though.

todd360

Which I still don't get since the hate goes beyond Neogaf. Hell during that "LukeGate" reddit was damn scary.

Let's not even start on their own forums.

You're forgiven

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to piss people off with the whole vault space thing. I just trying to voice my opinion and make everyone understand. Why won't you understand Rodiard?!? lol

I think the game industry can be pretty forgiving of games that launch poorly and improve over time. Aside from a few things, the game will be in a solid state next month.

It was Bungie's poor PR that lengthened and continues to generate backlash for them. Nevertheless, I'd rather be a fan of a game that is hated by outsiders than a fan of a game where the fans hate each other.

Daemul

Bungie doesn't even read their own forums from what I've heard lol. Everyone was pissed at Luke. I don't know if reddit has as much dislike for Deej as gaf though.

Nah they read them, you see Cosmo and Deej in there from time to time, they just don't focus on them as much as they do Reddit.

Kyoufu

So we're getting an extra 3 chances at Nightfall tier loot if we do the weekly PVP bounties? That's basically 6 Nightfalls per week if you care for PVP.

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to piss people off with the whole vault space thing. I just trying to voice my opinion and make everyone understand. Why won't you understand Rodiard?!? lol

I must have missed it, were people attacking you for saying you didn't think it was a big deal? Wut

Ehhhhh everyone kinda bags on his weekly updates when I'm reading different forums.

I blame Grave. 😐

Yeah, you're right. It's a shame because he seems like a nice guy, but we tend to be more interested in cold hard facts and news while Deej seems to relish the opportunity to wax poetic. We have time to mend bridges though, Destiny is a 10 Year project after all.

Top Bottom