• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Kalamari

It's been a continuous thing due to some less than friendly posts in this OT and a lot of the gaming side's disdain for the game.

Oh, ok, I thought there might have been some event that lead to a falling out between Bungie and GAF. But nope, seems like its just the standard GAF hate because we openly and honestly criticize games. However, I believe there are probably some Bungie employees that realize this is a solid community and that we appreciate the improvements they have made, regardless of things that were said at launch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There should be a crazy good Super Good Advice 2.0 at some point. Give it something other than the ammo thing to set it apart and make it a ridiculously useful solar weapon.

Spoo

Does anyone have plans to run HM crota this week? Need it for the triumphs (plus I want that glowhoo shader lol)

zewone

So does anyone else think Thunderlord 2.0 is the Solarlord or a different gun?

Adding/changing elements for an exotic seems interesting to me.

I5wCzDH.jpg

Sofa King

Need to catch up on all the new goodness. Been spending way too long trying to get my sons Black Ops 3 beta code to work, but the system Activision set up is just stupid. Still waiting on a replacement code from Best Buy just to try to wade through the BS system of going through the Blops site to hope the next code generates properly.

nowai

Yeah, you're right. It's a shame because he seems like a nice guy, but we tend to be more interested in cold hard facts and news while Deej seems to relish the opportunity to wax poetic. We have time to mend bridges though, Destiny is a 10 Year project after all.

This 100%. Just give me the facts and skip all the Deej dad jokes.

He is the dad that tries to make topical jokes so that you think he's cool. Skip the fluff and get to the point.

So we're getting an extra 3 chances at Nightfall tier loot if we do the weekly PVP bounties? That's basically 6 Nightfalls per week if you care for PVP.

I'm pumped about the extra pvp bounties, as pvp really kept this hand going for me in the midst of the been there done that pve content.

I'm gonna wreck some fools
as I follow rubenov and wicked around
and get some sweet loot!

todd360

He is the dad that tries to make topical jokes so that you think he's cool. Skip the fluff and get to the point.

He is pretty hardcore about Dead Orbit. I mean its not surprising that he is one of the casuals who would rather abandon our solar system to aliens than fight for our home, but still. He almost cried when he had to switch to best monarchy.

Kyoufu

i can't wait to use Autos in PvE again.

The only Auto I had in vanilla was a Suros Regime. I upgraded it and got wrecked using it because the fire rate was junk, so I just used Fusion Rifles instead.

HEY

I can't wait to use Fusion Rifles again.

rc213

Was there anything about Weapon Parts? Armor Parts?

Maybe they don't want you sharding old legendaries yet even though they said they still give the same mats as they do now is because they adjusted how many weapon parts they give once TTK drops?

So what are you playing for for the next 3 weeks?

tbh I really haven't played much of anything lately

I want to log in and do Nightfalls/weeklys/PvP just out of sheer habit, but... yeah.

Been meaning to get the Husk so I can make a Necro, too... Is it even going to be carried over though?

Daemul

The best news, or worst news depending on your perspective, was that there would no longer be a weekly cap for marks, meaning that the speed with which one progresses is now completely dependent on how much they play. All I can say is get ready for the plethora of "There's nothing left to do in TTK!" all over the internet 2 weeks after the expansion launches because Bungie has opened the floodgates.

Kyoufu

tbh I really haven't played much of anything lately

I want to log in and do Nightfalls/weeklys/PvP just out of sheer habit, but... yeah.

Been meaning to get the Husk so I can make a Necro, too... Is it even going to be carried over though?

Necro? Yeah there's a screenshot of it somewhere.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, ok, I thought there might have been some event that lead to a falling out between Bungie and GAF. But nope, seems like its just the standard GAF hate because we openly and honestly criticize games. However, I believe there are probably some Bungie employees that realize this is a solid community and that we appreciate the improvements they have made, regardless of things that were said at launch.
I'm sorry to say that this did occur. An awful lot of people agreed with its occurrence as well, at the time, though I personally was not one of them. I believe the phrase is "water under the bridge" now, but I don't expect much community interaction here. There have been a few really great posts with hard information though, since. One in particular from Luke Smith http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148984121&postcount=3062 was of course posted to Reddit and so on and so forth. While it was about TDB specifically addressing some of the progression problems (centered on the Forever 29 thing), a few of the ideas you see him hint at more broadly are definitely being realized in The Taken King or 2.0 patch or whatever it is.

III-V

Let DeeJ be Deej, he is a PR guy and has to spin it all or he just isn't doing his job.

Speaking of... Destiny 2.0 looking hype train levels of good.

So does anyone else think Thunderlord 2.0 is the Solarlord or a different gun?

Adding/changing elements for an exotic seems interesting to me.

I5wCzDH.jpg

I hope it's just an upgrade, it would be so boring to have a firelord MG that is so similar to Thunderlord. It would be cool if upgrading exotics to year two gave them new elemental damage. Gimme a Last Word with void damage.

X-Frame

So am I safe to dismantle duplicate shaders/emblems? As long as I have one of them (like the ToO emblem, or shaders where I have 3 of them ..

noomi

Exciting times :)

Great stuff from the stream today, can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed by everything though. I will have no time for other games.... ever :p

So am I safe to dismantle duplicate shaders/emblems? As long as I have one of them (like the ToO emblem, or shaders where I have 3 of them ..

No one really knows for sure yet, although Bungie has said NOT to dismantle ANYTHING until TTK. Different people saying different things.

I think they over compensated on this actually.
they now allow us to remove our exotics from the vault, freeing up alot of space right there, then introduce infusion which encourages us to cannibalize legendaries to make other better legendaries. freeing up even more space. I think its too much space. im going to get lost in that vault

Not really though, sure you can delete the ones you don't use, but if you've already leveled them then I wouldn't bother deleting because you know you're gonna have to start from scratch when you pull one from the vending machine. It's not a storage locker for guns you use.

Top Bottom