• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I'm in love with those gloves!
The look is great and the perk!! I just hope the frequency of reloading is decent. So many times I kill 1 with TLW, have 4 or less bullets, get in another battle and either have to reload or stab someone and can't finish them off because I have to reload. Well guess what!

It's semi rare but I had at least 5 times this would have been useful this weekend in Trials. Just how many of those 5 times would it have proc'd, is the question

LTWood12

The gauntlets are basically Don't Touch Me 2.0 for Bladedancers. Given that Bones of Eao give you Quadruple jump, I have to think you'll get a 3rd throwing knife too. We'll see how good the smoke bombs are I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The whining is just ridiculous ugh
i'm getting better at just letting it wash over me harmlessly

lmao at both perma-invis and target mark as acceptable exotic perks in contrast, for opposite reasons. lol

whatevs they'll probably redo some of them in a future patch so just keep the complaints coming

I read the perk on Sealed Ahamkara Grasps and my thought is "I can use that" which is the first and last question for me with regard to exotic armor. Hell I can certainly use the Alchemist's Raiments when it comes time to farm some glimmer... so in actuality I'm sold on 2/3 of those they've shown so far, lol. I'm actually more of a fan of Angel of Light than most but I'm not too clear on how it'll play for a Titan. Then again Sunbreakers are mysterious to me.

Never noticed that, the people i normally do my flawless runs with do it all the time.

I never had it be a problem myself, but I had someone point it out to me and showed me a video no reddit for the research.

It only triggers if you rez someone after the round is officially over. As in, a warlock rez on the other team wont even let the round resume.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
At least half a dozen exotics for each class! Let's move on from complaining about unique perks that aren't on the likely lower tier exotics announced today, to complaining about exotics we haven't even been shown yet! Yay! =D

zewone

lmao at both perma-invis and target mark as acceptable exotic perks in contrast, for opposite reasons. lol

Those were just suggestions I pulled out of my ass as example for my post. Feel free to counter my argument with anything you can pull from yours.

The whining is just ridiculous ugh

It's worse during Weapon Balance Release Notes. Some people are hard to please. But really we all need to reserve full judgement until we see for ourselves if they're useful since we don't have all the info to make the most accurate judgement.

And Off Topic: I'm craving Krispy Kreme donuts, badly. IDK why.

The gauntlets are basically Don't Touch Me 2.0 for Bladedancers. Given that Bones of Eao give you Quadruple jump, I have to think you'll get a 3rd throwing knife too. We'll see how good the smoke bombs are I guess.
At the same time, Starfire Protocol with Gift of the Sun still only gives you 2 fusion grenades. We'll see.

zewone

I don't know if countering "perma-invis" needs an argument.

Again, the hypothetical perk was for the sake of argument. About unique vs boring.

I didn't say it was the most balanced. Which is funny because people are admiring these gloves for their increased invis capabilities.

At the same time, Starfire Protocol with Gift of the Sun still only gives you 2 fusion grenades. We'll see.

Those specifically say fusion grenades though. There was no mention of a specific melee in the Instagram post.

I wonder what the exotic handcannons are going to be. So excited!

Id be surprised if we get any new ones. I am not even sure how many new exotic guns we are getting at all. There has only been 4 new ones so far. 347 vesta, jade rabbit, and the simulant, and that new Suarons Shotgun (dont remember the name). Im sure there will be a few more. Hopeully there not gated behind a "POE" type thing. I want a quest for all of them!

GhaleonEB

I was just thinking about blink striking, then getting killed instantly because hunter armor is so lol.

I guess invisibility would help.

Also smoke bombs with this gear would be nuts.
I've only played with invisibility tied to blink strike, I can't imagine not using it that way. Chaining invis blink strikes is going to be so great.

It's worse during Weapon Balance Release Notes. Some people are hard to please. But really we all need to reserve full judgement until we see for ourselves if they're useful since we don't have all the info to make the most accurate judgement.

And Off Topic: I'm craving Krispy Kreme donuts, badly. IDK why.

guacamole bacon cheeseburger for me. chipotle mayo and pepperjack cheese please

Namikaze1

Id be surprised if we get any new ones. I am not even sure how many new exotic guns we are getting at all. There has only been 4 new ones so far. 347 vesta, jade rabbit, and the simulant, and that new Suarons Shotgun (dont remember the name). Im sure there will be a few more. Hopeully there not gated behind a "POE" type thing. I want a quest for all of them!
You're forgetting the new Void Fusion Rifle.

zewone

Not praising boring exotics = whining

"Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" is the new OT motto.

LTWood12

i'm getting better at just letting it wash over me harmlessly

whatevs they'll probably redo some of them in a future patch so just keep the complaints coming

I read the perk on Sealed Ahamkara Grasps and my thought is "I can use that" which is the first and last question for me with regard to exotic armor. Hell I can certainly use the Alchemist's Raiments when it comes time to farm some glimmer... so in actuality I'm sold on 2/3 of those they've shown so far, lol. I'm actually more of a fan of Angel of Light than most but I'm not too clear on how it'll play for a Titan. Then again Sunbreakers are mysterious to me.

Calling it whining is sort of dismissive. People's concerns seem justified. I look at them and think, 'is there a reason I would ever use these over x? and if so, how frequent are those situations?'

The hunter gauntlets are a great alternative to Don't Touch Me's since you get to control your use of invisibility, not to mention the reloading of the magazine. Would've been especially useful w/ lightswitch Skolas this past week, since LS renders DTM utterly useless.

Warlock chest armor has a case to be made. A high Str/Discipline build could be flameshields and fusion grenades for days in PvE when using Fireborn, since you're holding your super for so long anyway.

The Titan helmet though. I imagine there'll probably be some encounter in the game that's similar to the Urrox burn the floor mechanic, and that'll be the one time you might want to use it. The titan melee is the worst of the three though, and using orbs to charge that as opposed to a future bubble or FOH is a terrible trade-off. Add to that the fact that the Warlock exotic does the same but also for grenades and you've got a pretty shit-tier exotic.

phen0m24

Off topic disclaimer and humble apologies offered:

But I just got a Rainbow Six code in my email. So those of you that I sent emails to way back when, hooefully you did too.

Destiny! Yeah! Iron Wafer?! Double Yeah!

Lag for all and even better more Felwinter's in pvp! Greeeeeeaaattttt

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So other than finally getting a Fel Winter's Lie for myself is there any reason to spend time in Iron Banner this week?

Are etheric light still going to be a thing when TTK drops?

Namikaze1

But I just got a Rainbow Six code in my email. So those of you that I sent emails to way back when, hooefully you did too.

Yep. Just got mine as well. Thanks again, Colonel! :)

in PvP for Titans, i run the Skullfort due to the respawning Melee, freeing up Infusion. I don't even think over any other Exotic for PvP as Striker

I'm that Skullfort guy

darthbob

I bet they'll show us one more weapon, a Sniper Rifle, and that'll be it.

in PvP for Titans, i run the Skullfort due to the respawning Melee, freeing up Infusion. I don't even think over any other Exotic for PvP as Striker

I'm that Skullfort guy

Double Lightning grenades is the best.

_woLf

Not praising boring exotics = whining

"Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" is the new OT motto.

That is sorta what OTs of any game (particularly MMOs of any kind) devolve into at a certain point. It's pretty frustrating.

Virdix

I never had it be a problem myself, but I had someone point it out to me and showed me a video no reddit for the research.

It only triggers if you rez someone after the round is officially over. As in, a warlock rez on the other team wont even let the round resume.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Cant have enough felwinters in PVP! hopefully it will change up how often I get killed by a matador.

Have no desire to run IB except for the laggy fun. I love watching wasting all my special ammo on a guy before realizing they are just walking into a wall. In all seriousness, IB is kinda of fun, if for anything its the only 6 player gaf activity

ocean

Banned
But they look so sexy!
/s
I wear armor that looks good together over something better stats wise. This game is so easy regardless that being rigidly min max always is totally unnecessary.

Double Blink Strike will be awesome, but looks are reason enough to rock those gauntlets

phen0m24

I'm happy that my favorite Warlock armor piece is being moved forward. LBN.

Dude. IRawrasaurus has altered my mind in that the first thing that popped into my head was
Lesbian Bear Network?

Cant have enough felwinters in PVP! hopefully it will change up how often I get killed by a matador.

Have no desire to run IB except for the laggy fun. I love watching wasting all my special ammo on a guy before realizing they are just walking into a wall. In all seriousness, IB is kinda of fun, if for anything its the only 6 player gaf activity

Yeah I like to hear Nilla yell - it's funny. Felwinter's is such a sniper though. Ugh
I'm totally going to get one

Calling it whining is sort of dismissive. People's concerns seem justified. I look at them and think, 'is there a reason I would ever use these over x? and if so, how frequent are those situations?'

The hunter gauntlets are a great alternative to Don't Touch Me's since you get to control your use of invisibility, not to mention the reloading of the magazine. Would've been especially useful w/ lightswitch Skolas this past week, since LS renders DTM utterly useless.

Warlock chest armor has a case to be made. A high Str/Discipline build could be flameshields and fusion grenades for days in PvE when using Fireborn, since you're holding your super for so long anyway.

The Titan helmet though. I imagine there'll probably be some encounter in the game that's similar to the Urrox burn the floor mechanic, and that'll be the one time you might want to use it. The titan melee is the worst of the three though, and using orbs to charge that as opposed to a future bubble or FOH is a terrible trade-off. Add to that the fact that the Warlock exotic does the same but also for grenades and you've got a pretty shit-tier exotic.

but even now in year one there is only a handful of exotics that you would use for high level activities. alot of the guns and armor are a novelty. I cant imagine using alot of them.

Top Bottom