• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

So I've just gotten a chance to check out the announced new Exotics.

- Titans can now Warlock.
- That Warlock chest is only useful for PvE
- The Telestro Fusion Rifle reminds me of the Scorpion Heavy Pistol from Mass Effect 3.
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are going to be badass in PvP. Double Throwing Knife, with a chance to reload Primary.
Triple throwing knife if you want.

I wish they gave a bigger incentive to playing this week's iron banner. Like rank 4 = 20 strange coins. Rank 5 is another 30.

Idk, something different before TTK. I have no desire to play it this week for everything to basically be obsolete 2 weeks after it ends.

X-Frame

I really want Peregrine Greaves to come into Year 2. I have a feeling Shoulder Charge will be more viable in PvP with 2.0's balancing.

The Mk 44 Stand Asides can stay in the trash IMO.

LTWood12

calling whining whining is merely to label something as observed. Honestly now. It doesn't stop being whining if the concerns expressed are justified. My threshold for complaints is pretty high and has grown since starting to play Destiny, but please observe the posts decrying the gloves that you underscore have an actual viable, practical perk as useless- and you only went over the potential use case for Bladedancers in the first place.

Funnily enough I interpreted the effect of the Warlock chest you're describing as the secondary of the two, and imagine it will mostly be useful for quick-farming glimmer.

fuck it

I feel you. Yeah it's easy to be overly negative, and I need to do better at looking at things with an open mind. We all just want things to be excited about. By starting with the worst of everything shown today, it set a negative tone.

I want to play soon and have a deep discussion of fusion rifles.

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if Xur were removed from the game. I'm not a fan of everyone having access to an exotic store.
I want Xur to sell everything 24/7 everyday

Customization and self customization is my most important factor at molding my guardians

I don't believe in RNG

Spoo

You Say xur is useless but he's only useless to you because you have 17+ strange coins and multiple exotics. For casuals strange coins are hard to come by and xur is their only hope of even getting an exotic without playing hours for rng to reward them.

Bottom of the page, meh, whatever.

Also peeps like me, who have come back to the game after a long hiatus. I have a bajillion strange coins thanks to dgaf, but I've missed out on xur every time since I stopped before TDB.

So, while my exotic collection is growing, I still don't have a metric fuckton of them. And I'd kill for a hawkmoon or the last word if he ever sells one.

zewone

Dgaf and you aren't the only ones playing the game. And sheesh guys, you do realize xur is there to balance the game for those that don't play everyday, right? You Say xur is useless but he's only useless to you because you have 17+ strange coins and multiple exotics. For casuals strange coins are hard to come by and xur is their only hope of even getting an exotic without playing hours for rng to reward them.

Bottom of the page, meh, whatever.

I didn't say he's useless, I just am not a fan of a loot game that sells the most coveted loot. Takes all the fun out of getting drops, well at least for the braingasm you get when the exotic you were looking for drops for you.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who like having him around so they can use whatever gun they were looking for with less effort/time invested.

These new Exotics are pretty dismal, is Bungie really so afraid of having OP gear that every new exotic is going to be crap from now on?

Warlock chest piece: Garbage

Titan helm: Uber garbage

Fusion Rifle: Pretty cool, has me intrigued, would be hyped for it, but FR in general suck.

Shotgun: No comment until I try it, does look cool.

Hunter gauntlets: Seem useful in several situations but there's plenty of other Hunter armor I would rather wear.

The only thing good across the board are the designs, which are pretty sick.

Two pest control matrix. You have to be kidding me.

Thanks for NF help guys. Titan bubble train.

I don't know why it never occurred to me to drop another bubble while the first one is up. We probably could have made a path all the way to Omniguls platform.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Triple throwing knife if you want.
That's

bonkers-gif-o.gif

... B-B-B-B-Bonkers.
Still nothing good enough to replace my AchliophageSymbiote

SoulClap

New exotics seem pretty cool except for the titan helmet which appears to be garbage tier. The shotgun has me especially interested for PVE use.

hyp

hopscotch pilgrim dropped. for someone in my fireteam.

been grinding that bitch for over a month, doesn't feel good man.

I put this together (hastily) to show off all exotics we have icons of:

And this picture with every exotic we know of, with a lot of speculation as well:

As we can tell from the screens, primaries, specials, and heavies are divided up by type. Auto rifles, Hand cannons, Pulse rifles, and Scout Rifles. Fusion rifles, Shotguns, Snipers. Heavy Machine guns, Rockets. This also happens to be alphabetical order. Using this pattern we can speculate about what is in between. This is why I think an exotic Sword may not happen, even though I placed it in the picture.

Thoughts?

LiK

This helmet will annoy the fuck out of you lik. Every time you aim while in the air you end up floating in place. Even when you don't want to. Its so annoying. They took the worst perk for warlocks and gave it to titans for the lols. Like the lore behind the helmet though.

damn, i don't wanna be a Warlock with a Titan. might be useful for PVE tho

I put this together (hastily) to show off all exotics we have icons of:

And this picture with every exotic we know of, with a lot of speculation as well:

As we can tell from the screens, primaries, specials, and heavies are divided up by type. Auto rifles, Hand cannons, Pulse rifles, and Scout Rifles. Fusion rifles, Shotguns, Snipers. Heavy Machine guns, Rockets. This also happens to be alphabetical order. Using this pattern we can speculate about what is in between. This is why I think an exotic Sword may not happen, even though I placed it in the picture.

Thoughts?
Sleeper Simulant is a Heavy Weapon (Fusion Heavy)

Deku Tree

Bungie is creating a whole new sandbox. Whole new end game encounters. And all the year 2 exotics are either new or re-mixes. None of the old stuff is showing up at year 2 power levels exactly the way it was. And they obviously are purposely making things less OP so that people try out different exotics and so that there are less or no "required" gear to tackle the end game content IMO. Also it's a rule with these reveals that the worst comes first and you save the best for last. So IMO calm down and I'm gonna wait and see how the new stuff plays out in the new content.

Top Bottom