• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Trakan

I am hoping they learned their lesson from TDB, but you never know. They have already stated that the key feature of every Exotic will already be unlocked, which I am sure they will try to use as justification to go get them all again and not worry about their usefulness right out of the gate....

Did they learn nothing after TDB? I honestly can't imagine having to re-earn every exotic in the game, that's just cruel.

Quite worried about that exotic screen. I do NOT want to go and get a year 2 TLW when I already have a year 1!!

Also not all year 1 exotics seem to have an equivalent in the year 2 box?

Lastly no one has mentioned the text on shax's box. Legendary stuff can be dismantled for legendary marks!

Expect to dismantle your current legendaries and buy new ones! !!

Wonder what the exchange rate will be....

Deku Tree

If exotic weapons move to more of an "unlock" system than a "hold in your vault" system. Then do you need to level them up each time you withdraw the same one from your collection? Can you hold dups of your favorite OP exotic weapon?

Juraash

Why do they have to put teasers out when I'm at work? The hype is too intense! I just want to go home and get some PVE going. It's still so early in the day T_T

I hope not. There's no need to make us grind to get stuff we already have.

we'll have two versions of those guns. for example that pic is showing a normal MonteCarlo and a TTK version of MonteCarlo.

Untitled3_zpsyze3bxy5.png

L1 Collection 1 Collection 2 R1

Two collections you say?

you can see that Special/Heavy Year1 stuff isn't listed. I bet it's on that second page

well to answer the question LT, you can dismantle legendaries into legendary marks to buy new weopons. Sweet, gonna play some crucible and stock up on on NLX shadows and DYBs. also gonna use these all these treasure keys to stock up on her mercys and benevolences

HYPE!

Dude. Dude! A) We've said our names in chat before. You forgetting that is understandable.
B) Have you watched a Sony press conference? Adam Boyes = DJBooya.

PWH in the house.

Now Jason favorited it as well. :)

Oh. I know who that is. I just haven't paid attention to Twitter names. Nice work.

And we have said our names in chat? Hmm. A likely story.

LTWood12

We can assume that Exotics will no longer take up space in the vault. The 4th Horseman is in the collection, then pulled into the guardian's inventory. That will go a long way in saving space.

Image dump of all the new stuff from the teaser.

Selecting a faction cost 2500 glimmer and you can only do it once a week.

Also looks like Titan armor with fuzzy fur on it.

EDIT: They now have the elemental image on the weapon thumbnail.

So I guess we have to stop using the ♦ symbol in thread titles after 29. Kind of a shame really

Maybe. Light still determines our attack/defense. And it shows that for each character instead of Grimoire, on the emblem. Makes sense since each char can have a different light/defense instead of a static Grimoire across all chars. I like!

Daemul

Dat Future War Cult favouritism in the teaser, Bungie knows it's the best faction.

FWC for life!

EDIT:Just noticed that glimmer cap is still 25k. Fuck my life.

Namikaze1

The FWC Hunter stuff (especially the helmet with the freaking logo) are terrible.

Actually, all factions stuff are terrible. Do not want.

LTWood12

well to answer the question LT, you can dismantle legendaries into legendary marks to buy new weopons. Sweet, gonna play some crucible and stock up on on NLX shadows and DYBs. also gonna use these all these treasure keys to stock up on her mercys and benevolences

HYPE!

Doesn't say how many marks though. They won't make it game breaking, so I'm guessing you might get 2 to 3 marks per legendary.

E92 M3

Image collection of all the new stuff from the teaser.

Noticed that selecting a faction cost 2500 glimmer and you can only do it once a week.

Also looks like Titan armor with fur on it.

EDIT: Also noticed that they put the elemental image on the weapon thumbnail.

I still have the titan fur armor from vanilla :)

Ok, so: it says "blueprints", so my guess is this is a screen where you can forge exotic weapons, provided you have the "recipe" and the materials.
The golden chunk probably means you don't have the "recipe" for this item yet.
Notice how the only greyed-out items are the ones that are not in the "year 1 primary list": this probably means that you need to have a year 1 exotic to forge its year 2 equivalent.
The auto-rifle with the funky icon on top of the list is probably the Suros skin for year 2.

Yup

Did you guys happen to notice that the Sleeper Stimulant has its Signature perk (unlocked at the start) but ALSO has an Exotic perk at the end of its upgrade tree?

Im thinking upgraded exotics are getting a new modifier in year 2!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yup

Did you guys happen to notice that the Sleeper Stimulant has its Signature perk (unlocked at the start) but ALSO has an Exotic perk at the end of its upgrade tree?

This bodes well for refreshed year 1 exotics. Lol hidden perks may not be hidden anymore.

Lee

So I've been edging up my factions because I guess that's what you do to prepare for a new expansion, but this looks like I would have to pledge to Dead Orbit for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to FWC for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to New Monarchy, turn in a bounty.

I guess that's not too bad. Definitely encourages you to stick with one moving forward. I wonder if it makes you pledge to a faction in order to buy their gear and guns.

So many questions!

Navy Bean

Yup

I'm cool with any type of upgrade path that does not include RNG or completely re-leveling.

Kalamari

But why Year 1 exotics and Year 2 exotics? This makes me think that old exotics aren't upgradeable.

Also, Happy Birthday, Math!

Daemul

So I've been edging up my factions because I guess that's what you do to prepare for a new expansion, but this looks like I would have to pledge to Dead Orbit for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to FWC for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to New Monarchy, turn in a bounty.

giphy.gif

Image dump of all the new stuff from the teaser.

Selecting a faction cost 2500 glimmer and you can only do it once a week.

Also looks like Titan armor with fuzzy fur on it.

EDIT: They now have the elemental image on the weapon thumbnail.

Once a week, what does that mean? Do I have to remember to pledge every week, or I just can't change my mind until reset?

Zombine

Banned
So the idea that I'm getting from some of this info in regards to exotics is that you can take a year 1 exotic and use it toward crafting the year two version of the weapon/weapons.

Wow, you'll only be able to change factions once per week?!

That would be horrible (right now) since I am edging factions and switching a lot. I hope you could at least turn it off when you want to... like when playing in crucible.

Top Bottom