• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Once a week, what does that mean? Do I have to remember to pledge every week, or I just can't change my mind until reset?
I doubt they'll make you repledge every reset day. You just can't change it constantly throughout the week.

So say on reset day, you decide to go to Dead Orbit. For that entire week you will be stuck with Dead Orbit until the next reset day.

Korosenai

But why Year 1 exotics and Year 2 exotics? This makes me think that old exotics aren't upgradeable.

Also, Happy Birthday, Math!
Year 1 primaries stay at the old damage, and if they put a year 1 primary in the year 2 slot, then it can be upgraded to the new damage. Rip gjallarhorn, no way will it be a year 2 heavy.

Edit: and if you notice, only a couple year 1 primaries are in the year 2 slot, and there are less slots in the year 2 slot than the year 1 slot. I feel like the slots we can't see on the year 2 section are mostly new exotics with only a couple more year 1 exotics being revealed.

Trakan

So I've been edging up my factions because I guess that's what you do to prepare for a new expansion, but this looks like I would have to pledge to Dead Orbit for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to FWC for 2.5k, turn in a bounty, go pledge to New Monarchy, turn in a bounty.

I guess that's not too bad. Definitely encourages you to stick with one moving forward. I wonder if it makes you pledge to a faction in order to buy their gear and guns.

So many questions!

You can only change factions once a week, too.

Bloodsent

Once a week, what does that mean? Do I have to remember to pledge every week, or I just can't change my mind until reset?

I would assume that you pledge, and it remains that way unless you change it again for 2.5k. You can only change however once a week, like anything else that has to be reset on Tuesdays.

Daemul

I've stuck with the same faction(FWC) since Day 1 so this once a week pledge thing doesn't bother me, all you people who have been leveling up every faction though.....lol. RIP.

Edited. thx people for the clarifications.

name plate collection - Emblem collecting
artifact slot - ?
arms day - gain rep/exp with gunsmith by trying new guns in crucible, then "order" a gun which will be ready for pickup on wednesday
exotic blueprints - Exotic collecting
legendary marks - Vanguard/Crucible marks rolled into one
infusion - ?
shader collection - Shader collecting
lv25 character boost - possible boost for low level character to get them up to speed in TTK

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe. Light still determines our attack/defense. And it shows that for each character instead of Grimoire, on the emblem. Makes sense since each char can have a different light/defense instead of a static Grimoire across all chars. I like!
They're not using it to demarcate levels (specifically levels above 20) anymore.
PIUVZsZ.png

Lee

Wow, you'll only be able to change factions once per week?!

That would be horrible (right now) since I am edging factions and switching a lot. I hope you could at least turn it off when you want to... like when playing in crucible.
You can only change factions once a week, too.

So much for edging factions and cashing in for legendaries on day one. Both an improvement to the faction system and a clever way to slow people down so no one hits max level/gear too quickly.

I've got some deciding to do. Dead Orbit or FWC?

LTWood12

alright lets go through the other things here. some are self explanatory

artifact slot - ?
arms day - ?
legendary marks - Legendary upgrade mats
infusion - ?
lv25 character boost - ?

Emblems, Exotics, & Shaders will no longer take up space in the Vault.

noomi

I checked the vault, weapons storage was maxed... Everything was off my hunter.

Delete the hunter, create a warlock, go back to the tower, look in vault, missing nine weapons.

Nope, I can't.

rNilla

alright lets go through the other things here. some are self explanatory

artifact slot - ?
arms day - ?
legendary marks - Legendary upgrade mats
infusion - ?
lv25 character boost - ?

I think Arms Day is a Gunsmith related event. It was detailed in the Game Informer article but I don't remember the exact details.

EDIT: Look below :)

Lee

arms day - gain rep/exp with gunsmith by renting new guns and using them in crucible (maybe PvE as well), then "order" a gun which will be ready for pickup on wednesday ("armsday")

lv25 character boost - this must be the consumable that people get with TTK, to bring one old or new character up to TTK starting level immediately

lt519

Sooo, why are there no grimoire scores underneath people's names? They doing away with them? It looks like some sort of light level is there now.

LTWood12

Delete the hunter, create a warlock, go back to the tower, look in vault, missing nine weapons.

Nope, I can't.

Whoa never heard of that happening. Not sure what that would be.

I doubt they'll make you repledge every reset day. You just can't change it constantly throughout the week.

So say on reset day, you decide to go to Dead Orbit. For that entire week you will be stuck with Dead Orbit until the next reset day.

I hope that's the case. It would suck to have to remember to pay my dues every week. Kind of suck for people edging, but personally I didn't get shit from any of them, so I'm not bothering this time around.

E92 M3

Basic stuff that should have been there day one.

Do you remember when we couldn't rotate the armor preview? ^^

We should list everything Destiny didn't have when it launched. So much has changed.

Nope, I can't.

Wait really? That would be first time I'm hearing of something like this.

Nope, I can't.

Oh shit. I hope it's just a temporary glitch. I luckily had no problems with my recently deleted character.

This games turn around is amazing. I stopped playing for about 8 months and coming back to it recently has devoured all my free time to other games. After playing mgsv obsessively for a couple of weeks TTK will be a nice break from it till MGO.

Nope, I can't.
When did you enroll into the new get-rid-of-everything Vault Space system?

That sucks though. Were you swapping weapons around with the app or something? People lost their Gjallarhorn and such while using the app.

j-wood

My fear with this new light system is that...it doesn't change anything?

They aren't going to have something stupid like for hard mode of the new raid, you need to be level 40 and have a light average of 300 or something right?

Because that would be stupid and is basically what we have now.

Top Bottom