• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

In the list of words armsday is Wednesdays. That's the day the gunsmith delivers you a new weapon if you ordered it beforehand.

Pretty sure that was in the gi dump.

PuMa

OMG, I crapped my pants. G E T R E A D T B O Y S

Lol, acceptable reaction Lnkn.

HYYYYPPPPE
MDv2dgLyqos92.gif

th3dude

alright lets go through the other things here. some are self explanatory

name plate collection - Emblem collecting
artifact slot - ?
arms day - ?
exotic blueprints - Exotic collecting
legendary marks - Legendary upgrade mats
infusion - ?
shader collection - Shader collecting
lv25 character boost - ?

I'm pretty sure the Legendary Marks are the new combination of Crucible and Vanguard Marks.

lt519

My fear with this new light system is that...it doesn't change anything?

They aren't going to have something stupid like for hard mode of the new raid, you need to be level 40 and have a light average of 300 or something right?

Because that would be stupid and is basically what we have now.

I think it's just streamlining Armor/Attack ratings to a more understandable system. Instead of having to be concerned about being a high enough level, have good enough armor, and then have high enough attack on weapons you just have to have the appropriate light level.

When did you enroll into the new get-rid-of-everything Vault Space system?

That sucks though. Were you swapping weapons around with the app or something? People lost their Gjallarhorn and such while using the app.

Wiat what? Is that normal? I may stop using the app then...

We should list everything Destiny didn't have when it launched. So much has changed.
Launch day players should get a Patience emblem for the stuff we had to go through. I think the biggest life saver was the vault app. Having to go to the tower between characters just to switch one weapon was the worst.

It's not normal. It just happened to people who did transfers during loading times a while back. Not sure if stuff like that still happens once a blue moon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, it's not normal or common. Though I've tested it extensively and had no issues, good practice is to make sure you're in a stable gamestate (orbit, in the tower, on the ground) rather than in transit or a loading screen while transferring things.

lt519

They're not seriously going to make our exotics obselete too are they?

Bet they have a lower light level.

My big hope here is that end game content is like 300 light level but you can get to 400 light level with max everything. Some system like that where you aren't pigeonholed into having a max everything to beat the end game content, like using an old exotic would only bump you down to 350. It'd be a good way to keep the old exotics relevant but still require you to use a majority of your new gear.

They aren't going to have something stupid like for hard mode of the new raid, you need to be level 40 and have a light average of 300 or something right?

How is this different than any other RPG where you collect armor?

Mindlog

Not much time to finish collecting the Year 1 faction ships :(
and the worst, remember when you had to run around in circles for hours on end to get enough planetary mats to upgrade gear? the dark ages indeed
Yes.
And now you discard so many mats because you are out of room everywhere and they only stack to 200.

PuMa

They're not seriously going to make our exotics obselete too are they?

Not obsolete. It just looks like you need to upgrade them (again) to year 2. Not sure what that entails yet.

New item - 'Legendary Exotic Sharts'. Throw away those old regular sharts! Those are no longer needed. Get the new and improved Legendary ones!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Might as well go ahead and cancel the other preorders I have. Nothing else will be played this year. Well maybe Fallout 4...but yeah.

chur

What if the reason they're telling us not to dismantle our weapons just yet is because they want us to dismantle them later so we get Legendary Marks for them?! o_O

Don't think that's the reason but it would be hilarious if it was.

I think it's just streamlining Armor/Attack ratings to a more understandable system. Instead of having to be concerned about being a high enough level, have good enough armor, and then have high enough attack on weapons you just have to have the appropriate light level.

The big change isn't making the level dependent on xp, or making light level an average of your gear quality....it's getting rid of the +/-30% damage modifier when you're one level below your enemies....

BUT we don't actually know if they're getting rid of that or not.

No, it's not normal or common. Though I've tested it extensively and had no issues, good practice is to make sure you're in a stable gamestate (orbit, in the tower, on the ground) rather than in transit or a loading screen while transferring things.

Oh alright.

That new ship from the teaser looks sexy as hell.

Kalamari

I don't think it's really meant to change anything, just make it more understandable. Level 40 is the new 20, and Light is used to improve your attack and defense against level 40+ enemies.

Deku Tree

So here is my guess as what the "Exotic Weapons Blueprints" is exactly:

It's a kiosk where you can grab the exotic weapons that you have already "unlocked". So if you are running out of space then you can dismantle your exotic and always go back and grab it later at the kiosk. The kiosk might not replace the vault.

Questions:

1) does the grabbing an "Exotic Weapons Blueprint" from the Kiosk give you a fully upgraded exotic or a needing to be upgraded exotic? Depending upon how they designed the system it could go either way.

2) Can we get the year 2 versions of our year 1 weapons without relying on RNG? And without relying on a long crazy awful system like they put into TDB?

3) Are the dead orbit quests going to be all crucible quests? Or can we get some Faction related PvE quests too?

4) What do we do with exotic shards in TTK?

I really hope they have time to explain the answers to these questions in the twitch reveal tomorrow. If they don't then I'm going to assume it's the worst case scenario.

Axoman

Why can't they get rid of the light system entirely and just put a level number on the items?

Instead of light, a level 40 weapon is max attack. A level 40 chest piece is max defense.

I'm sure in practice, the new system is probably simpler, but just seeing bits and pieces of it in screenshots, it seems more confusing than the current system.

The year 2 exotic scares and intrigues me in equal measure considering how many I've got

I'm going to redo the Thorn bounty and hand that in post TTK and whatever ones drop

SeanR1221

and the worst, remember when you had to run around in circles for hours on end to get enough planetary mats to upgrade gear? the dark ages indeed

That actually made me quit destiny until they fixed it.

Can't do the nightfalls until late tonight. I want to live vicariously through you guys.

Anyone get some cool drops?

j-wood

I don't think it's really meant to change anything, just make it more understandable. Level 40 is the new 20, and Light is used to improve your attack and defense against level 40+ enemies.

But that's terrible, because it then puts us right back in the system where content progression is tied to the RNG of drops with "light level".

Which is exactly what they said in a video sucks and they wanted to change.

Bet they have a lower light level.

My big hope here is that end game content is like 300 light level but you can get to 400 light level with max everything. Some system like that where you aren't pigeonholed into having a max everything to beat the end game content, like using an old exotic would only bump you down to 350. It'd be a good way to keep the old exotics relevant but still require you to use a majority of your new gear.

I just hope they let us upgrade the stuff.

GhaleonEB

It's very different.

Because it's an average across all gear, you won't get stuck blocked from an activity because you can't find that one piece of gear. (Forever 29.) You can get there with a great primary drop. Or a Ghost shell. Or a class item. Or a nice rocket launcher. If the GI article is right and some activities are gated by light levels, then it opens the endgame up to players to find their own path to that light level.

Namikaze1

I forgot hard light dropped this morning. Placing that shit in the vault.

And looks like I made the smart decision of buying two more Gjallarhorns last week. Now if only the Husk could drop for me to get a spare Necrochasm...

Navy Bean

But that's terrible, because it then puts us right back in the system where content progression is tied to the RNG of drops with "light level".

Which is exactly what they said in a video sucks and they wanted to change.

I could be very wrong but I think each activity will just have a "suggested" light level. Not really a barrier to entry but more of a gear check.

noomi

Checking every piece now, I don't know what happened.

I moved everything through bungie.net and even double checked my hunter by logging in and making sure he had NOTHING on him before deleting, everything was moved and my vault was maxed. When I logged back in I suddenly had 9 open spaces in my vault so I'm flipping my shit a little bit right now.

I don't know what happened, but I'm going through everything now to make sure nothing is missing.

PuMa

It's very different.

Because it's an average across all gear, you won't get stuck blocked from an activity because you can't find that one piece of gear. (Forever 29.) You can get there with a great primary drop. Or a Ghost shell. Or a class item. Or a nice rocket launcher. If the GI article is right and some activities are gated by light levels, then it opens the endgame up to players to find their own path to that light level.

Yes. I like the sound of this new system. Definitely an improvement IMO.

Top Bottom