• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

What am I missing?

My fear? There aren't upgrades for exotics. Unlike legendaries, which are just gone, Exotics require a new drop. This is kind of what Diablo 3 did with it's expansion. New drops will be TK flavored, so exotic perk unlocked immediately, at new Armor/Atk values.

From Luke Smith in the Game Informer article:
"There are definitely some weapons that you are going to find better versions of "​
That's really all I'm worried about. They've got to do something to prevent us for always having an exotic equipped. Exotics are guaranteed best-in-slot. We're not going to use TK's white/green/blue/purple if we can day one pop an exotic shard and equip that.

If exotics are upgradeable, it's almost certain that Exotic Shards are done. They'll either convert them or replace them.
  • Exotic shards aren't used any more. There'll be Exotic Crags. With a 3:1 conversion rate and cost 5,000 glimmer. This is like the conversion process for Class Mats -> Universal mats and Vanguard/Crucible marks -> Leg marks.
  • Etheric light-style new mat. You want those Year 1 exotics? Well, run King's Fall and Nightfalls for a chance for one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
rJH18vE.png
Would be pretty sweet if the gun models had tweaks too. You know like they evolve. My Pokésense is tingling.

I've asked a couple of people now, and no one is answering.

WHY do people want dupes of exotics now all of a sudden? What did I miss where this is a good thing?

Please explain?

I'm not sure I want it. But I think if it's a remixed version it could have its place. Firelord for example. The same gun model but key differences to make it worth it.

I've asked a couple of people now, and no one is answering.

WHY do people want dupes of exotics now all of a sudden? What did I miss where this is a good thing?

Please explain?

One reason I can think of is maybe the exotic shards will be able to be dismantled for rep, but that's not a big enough reason for myself to care about getting dupes.

I'm not sure I want it. But I think if it's a remixed version it could have its place. Firelord for example. The same gun model but key differences to make it worth it.

Oh. So you're suggesting that people want dupes right now so that they can leave one at year 1 status and the second to year 2?

Ophelion

but....why..

20497696758_9a06f22581_b.jpg

Figures. I bet that will happen to me this week too. Could give me my very own Hawkmoon, but no. RNGsus will be a dick and give me something I just recently shelled out hard earned coinage to buy. Again. I swear weapons and armor raise on the roll tables immediately before and after Xur sells them just to screw with people.

Dave_6

This cracked me up. Thanks.

The cycle of freaking out about things hours before the actual answer is known just to make sure everyone knows they're freaking out about it is fascinating to me.

It's like my cats. I have 2 cats, and they form their own little echo chamber. Neither of them are ACTUALLY afraid of anything that "startles" them, but one of them has decided he's scared of lots of innocuous things. So I close a bag of potato chips or something, and he FREAKS OUT. Now the other cat is cool as a cucumber, and only freaks out under one condition: when the other cat freaks out. So it goes like this:
- I do something not scary
- Cat B is fine for a fraction of a second
- Cat A freaks out
- Cat B freaks out SOLELY because Cat A freaked out

To bring this home, some people in this thread are Cat A, which causes some of the Cat B's to freak out when something "scary" happens like a teaser trailer drops.

STOP BEING CAT A!

This is way too funny to me, especially since I have two cats myself. Cats are funny anyways but the way you put this describes them to a tee! Perfect lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
No, I'm pretty sure people want dupes just in case merging two is part of the upgrade process. Seems like an absurd process to me, but we have to wait and see.

Is that what "infusion" is going to entail then? They did say year one weapons will have a purpose and to not shard/dismantle anything yet.

Frenden

Banned
Well, I thought they've specifically mentioned feeding gear into other gear, so we're not entirely baseless in our speculations.

Anastasis

Take a look at the trailer 33 seconds onwards at 1/4 speed. The first weapon in the tear 2 primary (edit: sorry, secondary) slot AND the 4th horseman go dark in that animation. What's up with that?

noomi

so many questions, I can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully I can actually watch the whole twitch stream from work.

Furyous

Any updates on the new update?

Few impressions after restarting my playthrough at after almost a year:
Can't wait til they get rid of this mote of light/light level fuckery.
Please decrease the currencies and allow us to exchange currencies of DLC we lack access to.
My NO DLC run is going swimmingly as I get used to the same levels over and over again.
RNGesus is far more rewarding than it was at the start of the game. Then again that was during launch week.

Who wants to teammate up with me on PS4 and let me be great tonight?

Frenden

Banned
I am starting to be skeptical that the new upgrade systems for weapons (and gear and light levels) are going to be a quality of life improvement.

I still have reXurbishing nightmares from time to time.

Top Bottom