• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

darthbob

Schroedinger would contend that you can.
And can't.

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Someone already brought this up, but Bungie said all exotics have their intrinsic perk unlocked right away, but then in the case of Sleeper Stimulant it also has the exotic perk (ricochet up to 5 times) at the end. So what if all these year 1 exotics are getting updated so their unique perk becomes the intrinsic and then a brand new exotic perk at the end for them all.

Happy thoughts guys, happy thoughts

sikkinixx

Is it normal during the strike rotations to get the same one twice in a row? I got dust palace twice in a row during three different play sessions. Super annoying (even if it's the easiest one)

One could make another case that if Bungie didn't know what they were doing there's no way the game could have sustained 7 total human days of my playtime.

Probably a lot of cases out there, I guess.

If it was all part of the plan we wouldn't be going through the "solution of the season" roller coaster. First it was the xur process then that got scrapped, then we got etheric light and that lasted for a summer, and now we get whatever this is.

I wonder what Winter/Spring 2016 will bring.

stb

Hmm maybe just an icon change but why? Why now?

The logical reason is because they need to make new icons for the new stuff, and old icons may not "go" with the new ones for some reason (e.g. the "new" TLW icon is contrastier than the old one).

But I think the real reason is to make people hunt pixels and speculate.

Schroedinger would contend that you can.
And can't.

*slow clap*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One could make the case that if Bungie knew what they were doing from the start then we'd be able to play with all of our weapons and armors forever.
Okay, one could make the case that if Bungie "knew what they were doing from the start" they would have just introduced new tiers with each expansion that obsoleted all previous gear including Exotics and never allowed anything to be upgraded. That route has certainly worked for plenty of games.

Why would anyone make either of these cases? The game is better for having been sculpted by feedback. The notion that Bungie ever intended or desired that all of your weapons and armor should be usable "forever" is pretty extreme and hard to take seriously. It's not that kind of game. But Exotics are special and I am personally glad that an upgrade path has been offered; I even preferred the nonsense ReXurbishing reset approach over nothing.

SeanR1221

I think I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna make my warlock now. I already have an exotic helm. I can get to level 20 in 6 hours of pvp. Buy an armor item from the reef and then run a couple dragon strikes or raids for the rest

Boosting to level 25 with TTK isn't that great tbh

Shito

b0j0x1Ch.jpg

Looks like a black Suros to me. In fact all those icons are 'remixed' versions of old year 1 exotics.
Yeah, happy to see I'm not the only one to see this.
To quote myself from a little bit earlier in the thread:

Ok, so: it says "blueprints", so my guess is this is a screen where you can forge exotic weapons, provided you have the "recipe" and the materials.
The golden chunk probably means you don't have the "recipe" for this item yet.
Notice how the only greyed-out items are the ones that are not in the "year 1 primary list": this probably means that you need to have a year 1 exotic to forge its year 2 equivalent.
The auto-rifle with the funky icon on top of the list is probably the Suros skin for year 2.
If that's the case, that's a reaaally good idea to make us work for our year 2 exotic again: refresh them and change them a little bit!

Okay, one could make the case that if Bungie "knew what they were doing from the start" they would have just introduced new tiers with each expansion that obsoleted all previous gear including Exotics and never allowed anything to be upgraded. That route has certainly worked for plenty of games.

Why would anyone make either of these cases? The game is better for having been sculpted by feedback. The notion that Bungie ever intended or desired that all of your weapons and armor should be usable "forever" is pretty extreme and hard to take seriously. It's not that kind of game. But Exotics are special and I am personally glad that an upgrade path has been offered; I even preferred the nonsense ReXurbishing reset approach over nothing.

Much more eloquent than I was. Thank you, that's exactly my point.

Yeah, happy to see I'm not the only one to see this.
To quote myself from a little bit earlier in the thread:

If that's the case, that's a reaaally good idea to make us work for our year 2 exotic again: refresh them and change them a little bit!

I'm glad I have some spare exotics now. Although I deleted some of my dupes.

New skin doesn't explain why the other weapons look the same though. I think I spotted bad juju and hawkmoon.

Yeah, The Last Word looks noticeably different but the others look almost identical.

E92 M3

Seems like they are just updating all of the weapon images for year 2. I like that a lot.

Bungie always had great artists.

I'm glad I have some spare exotics now. Although I deleted some of my dupes.

Yeah, The Last Word looks noticeably different but the others look almost identical.

I've asked a couple of people now, and no one is answering.

WHY do people want dupes of exotics now all of a sudden? What did I miss where this is a good thing?

Please explain?

Kalamari

What if they revamped the Tower for year 2? The gunsmith could look like an actual gunsmith in a strip mall with barred doors and windows, the postmaster would always have a huge line to go though, and the Cryptarch would work in a Law Office of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

Top Bottom