• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

darthbob

If you can make better versions of current exotics prepare for "must have ballerhorn 2.0"

Really hoping that doesn't happen. By reducing the efficacy of the OG ballerhorn it gives players different options. So while we probably will see a 2.0 ballerhorn type weapon I trust that Bungie is smart enough to not make it the end all be all answer for PvE activities.

Of course the way they designed bosses and such makes a high DPS weapon like the horn viable in the first place, so while the blame doesn't lie squarely on the weapon itself, encounters need to be reworked.

giphy.gif

I was looking for that gif. It's perfect lol.

Really hoping that doesn't happen. By reducing the efficacy of the OG ballerhorn it gives players different options. So while we probably will see a 2.0 ballerhorn type weapon I trust that Bungie is smart enough to not make it the end all be all answer for PvE activities.

Of course the way they designed bosses and such makes a high DPS weapon like the horn viable in the first place, so while the blame doesn't lie squarely on the weapon itself, encounters need to be reworked.

pretty much, the only reason why hyperhorn become a must have was the bullet spongey bosses. Theyve said they are fixing that in TTK. Strike bosses said to have "raid light" encounters

No, I'm pretty sure people want dupes just in case merging two is part of the upgrade process. Seems like an absurd process to me, but we have to wait and see.

Wow, that would be quite the pisser since DeeJ said that vault space working as intended and they wanted you to choose weapons to keep and weapons to shard. I've sharded plenty of dupes because of that comment.

swnny

Me (swnnyh in psn) and a friend of mine (CursedByMadneSs in psn, and andreevbg here on the forums), both 33lvl, are looking for a raid group.
We are online right now and want to play with fellow gaffers.

Platform PS4, any raid.

JayHayabusa

Hmmm

No one posted this
DIM7quS.png

This is a remixed 4th Horseman!

I think all our exotics will transition to year two but at a cost:

- You need the original exotic
- A new Exotic shard type/schematic
- Some material/glimmer

Something akin to TDB Xur system

OR

You need 2 original Hawkmoons for example to get the new TTK Hawkmoon

Someone hold me!

Yeah I think sponginess in general is the bigger issue. It sounds like they may improve it by adding some more mechanics to strikes instead of just having bullet sponge bosses.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hmmm

No one posted this
DIM7quS.png

- Some material/glimmer

OR

Someone hold me!
lol also late

Hmmm

No one posted this
DIM7quS.png

- Some material/glimmer

OR

Someone hold me!

Certainly looks thats way!

Cant wait to see all the exotic upgrades!!!! Bet ya they get a SECOND perk now!

Is that a new modifier? Maybe headshot bonus? (The 2nd one)

YIze9Xx.png

a couple cool things from that.
1. rep and marks from (presumably) story mission completion.
2. 2800 exp got him a 3rd of the way through level 35.
with all the PE packages and 5k bounties I got stored, im gonna be level 40 damn fast!

Hopefully the existing marks allow us to buy legendary gear in the tower right away, im gonna be so boss on day 1.

HYPE
rventelating

PuMa

Hmmm

No one posted this
DIM7quS.png

- Some material/glimmer

OR

Someone hold me!

Lol, I think you missed a few pages in here. Hype train is moving full speed ahead!

Shito

a couple cool things from that.
1. rep and marks from (presumably) story mission completion.
2. 2800 exp got him a 3rd of the way through level 35.
with all the PE packages and 5k bounties I got stored, im gonna be level 40 damn fast!

Hopefully the existing marks allow us to buy legendary gear in the tower right away, im gonna be so boss on day 1.

HYPE
rventelating
Seeing the legendary mark tooltip, I'd say this was probably from a daily mission.
Still, that's a lot of xp yeah, we'll be 40 in no time!

OkayRene

Weird. The reveal trailer showed the Sleeper Simulant as a Special exotic. But this is what Game Informer said.

The Sleeper Simulant is a fusion rifle that will sit in your heavy weapons slot, so you know it packs a punch, since it needs to compete with weapons like rocket launchers and machine guns for your attention and use

OkayRene

Bungie probably changed their minds on that between when the article was written and now.

Well yeah obviously, but what about it competing with rockets and machine guns? lol

I'd just love to know why they changed that, and if the identity of it has changed in any other ways. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow.

Top Bottom