• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I'm hoarding a second or third of everything I like in case feeding an exotic to another exotic is part of the upgrade process. Chances are probably slim, but I don't need the shards anyhow.

They said not to dismantle our stuff just yet, legendary wise, so I'm hoping there's a reason. Further, I hope that reason is that they turn into marks like the new stuff.

confirmed in todays teaser trailer

Juraash

All will be forgiven if this is the way they go.

But they probably would have just let us upgrade them if this were the case.

Well I feel like raid gear, specifically, has some pretty great perks that aren't available anywhere else. So it's slightly different than a straight upgrade from year 1 to year 2. This just allows you to keep specific looks for your guardian no matter what gear you have. It also makes sure that new gear isn't negated by having great perks from year 1 just carry through.

It also would have the benefit, hopefully, of generating far more unique looks for guardians.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
if you already own, Vanilla, TDB and HoW you can buy TTK digitally for 40 bucks. if you dont have ALL those already your gonna have to buy them. if you own Vanilla but not the 2 expansions, I would recommend waiting until release, buy the 60 disc version as:
expansion pass= 35.00, taken king=40.00.

Yeah I own everything already. I'm in the UK and its £40 but only $40 in Canada which is £19 so I'll just buy from that region digitally.

So it seems that the 3 exotics, shaders and emotes are exclusive to the collectors edition. Kinda annoying but oh well.

If you're a warlock, good luck.
All three baby.

FIRETEAM-BABY.gif

Yeah I own everything already. I'm in the UK and its £40 but only $40 in Canada which is £19 so I'll just buy from that region digitally.

So it seems that the 3 exotics, shaders and emotes are exclusive to the collectors edition. Kinda annoying but oh well.

You'll be able to buy those separately for...$20.

First was already confirmed
Second would be certainly surprising
Third is what's happened in the previous two expansions, but then was fixed with that Speaker redux, so I dunno if that would happen.

It sounds like both of you are concerned about "having to play the game before getting to end game" which I think is definitely what Bungie wants you to do. Hence calling it Endgame and not Whenevsgame.

I've got no problem playing for new stuff, but not the same weapons I was using when the game first came out. That's just lame.

Well I feel like raid gear, specifically, has some pretty great perks that aren't available anywhere else. So it's slightly different than a straight upgrade from year 1 to year 2. This just allows you to keep specific looks for your guardian no matter what gear you have. It also makes sure that new gear isn't negated by having great perks from year 1 just carry through.

Hmmm, you're right. It would allow them to leave OP perks behind. Obviously they've struggled with that previously.

I anticipate the announcement that marks won't be convertible/all faction rep will be reset with TTK so that everybody can't have awesome legendary armor
ghost shells
on day 1.

noomi

Woah.... alright just saw the video... hold up. What's this exotic blueprints thing? Looks like some sort of new vault storage perhaps?!?

COULD IT BE!?

stb

But I wanna get mad about stuff now!

This cracked me up. Thanks.

The cycle of freaking out about things hours before the actual answer is known just to make sure everyone knows they're freaking out about it is fascinating to me.

It's like my cats. I have 2 cats, and they form their own little echo chamber. Neither of them are ACTUALLY afraid of anything that "startles" them, but one of them has decided he's scared of lots of innocuous things. So I close a bag of potato chips or something, and he FREAKS OUT. Now the other cat is cool as a cucumber, and only freaks out under one condition: when the other cat freaks out. So it goes like this:
- I do something not scary
- Cat B is fine for a fraction of a second
- Cat A freaks out
- Cat B freaks out SOLELY because Cat A freaked out

To bring this home, some people in this thread are Cat A, which causes some of the Cat B's to freak out when something "scary" happens like a teaser trailer drops.

STOP BEING CAT A!

One could make the case that if Bungie knew what they were doing from the start then we'd be able to play with all of our weapons and armors forever.

One could make another case that if Bungie didn't know what they were doing there's no way the game could have sustained 7 total human days of my playtime.

Probably a lot of cases out there, I guess.

darthbob

This cracked me up. Thanks.

The cycle of freaking out about things hours before the actual answer is known just to make sure everyone knows they're freaking out about it is fascinating to me.

It's like my cats. I have 2 cats, and they form their own little echo chamber. Neither of them are ACTUALLY afraid of anything that "startles" them, but one of them has decided he's scared of lots of innocuous things. So I close a bag of potato chips or something, and he FREAKS OUT. Now the other cat is cool as a cucumber, and only freaks out under one condition: when the other cat freaks out. So it goes like this:
- I do something not scary
- Cat B is fine for a fraction of a second
- Cat A freaks out
- Cat B freaks out SOLELY because Cat A freaked out

To bring this home, some people in this thread are Cat B, which causes some of the Cat A's to freak out when something "scary" happens like a teaser trailer drops.

STOP BEING CAT A!

I wish everything could be explained with a cat analogy.

Top Bottom