• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Taken Vex?
GOMlqmY.jpg

This image reminds me of how much I really don't like the look of these new enemies. They are really just weird convoluted light shapes.

Not too impressed with 'em to be honest.

20 PE packages=50,000 exp
10 5k bounties=50,000 exp

You don't see the giant Taken in the back?
It's legs remind me of the vex.

im special, nevermind, when you said Vex, I assumed you meant the mythoclast, being after we were just discussing a Taken Suros, my bad Math, Enjoy your Birthday

daedalius

Minotaurs can already teleport, squish you with a punch, and shoot explosive balls of death?

What the hell could they do that is new as a taken? Rotating shields?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I remember the game informer article mentioned an exotic bounty/quest that only shows up when you dismantle a certain weapon. Maybe it's the suros that has to be taken apart.
Oh, that sounds interesting. It will also make Xur relevant again.

Lunch + meeting = 6 DGAF pages, whoa. Discussion on the video I'm guessing. Can't wait for tomorrow! 1pm my time.

Every character can now have a different level and light combination. You can have a level 40 char with 300 light (attack + defense rating) and you can have another Level 40 char with 450 light. Each mission will have a minimum requirement of light. So having Light displayed on each character instead of Grimoire, is a lot more helpful. It's definitely still an important attribute, but streamlined to differentiate from your actual level (which is basically just XP gained, how much you've played essentially)

I'm just curious to see how they handle attack/defense. Can you have 300 light with lets say 67% (200) attack / 33% (100) Defense? Can you change up your gear to be more 1 way versus the other?

Exotic system definitely yields the most questions along with... Infusion?!?!?! Dismantling weapons can turn into a mat that you can infuse into Year 2 weapons.... one can hope!!!!

Shito

Minotaurs can already teleport, squish you with a punch, and shoot explosive balls of death?

What the hell could they do that is new as a taken? Rotating shields?
Wolfpack rounds on the explosive balls of death, Wolfpack rounds on the punches, Wolfpack rounds on the teleport.

LTWood12

Lunch + meeting = 6 DGAF pages, whoa. Discussion on the video I'm guessing. Can't wait for tomorrow! 1pm my time.

Every character can now have a different level and light combination. You can have a level 40 char with 300 light (attack + defense rating) and you can have another Level 40 char with 450 light. Each mission will have a minimum requirement of light. So having Light displayed on each character instead of Grimoire, is a lot more helpful. It's definitely still an important attribute, but streamlined to differentiate from your actual level (which is basically just XP gained, how much you've played essentially)

I'm just curious to see how they handle attack/defense. Can you have 300 light with lets say 67% (200) attack / 33% (100) Defense? Can you change up your gear to be more 1 way versus the other?

Exotic system definitely yields the most questions along with... Infusion?!?!?! Dismantling weapons can turn into a mat that you can infuse into Year 2 weapons.... one can hope!!!!

I made a SHAFT joke and not a single fuck was given.

I'm not going to go crazy and prepare my factions to be 99% each like I did pre-HoW. I'll do many vanguard and crucible alone and see how that goes. Not enough time to prepare each and not sure how it'll work with the whole allegiance now.

when you get the redbull exp buff at the postmaster does it activate as soon as you grab it or is it a consumable you use form your inventory?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
1. If it was an art style change all weapons including year one and year two would be consistent with the new art style, but we only see year 2 versions of old weapons with the updated art style.

2. Why even list year 1 and year 2 of the same weapons if your only gonna be upgrading the damage? If that was the case they could've just used the same UI from when we upgraded exotics in the dark below (which would be going backwards since as of HoWs we've been able to upgrade damage from the upgrade menu).

when you get the redbull exp buff at the postmaster does it activate as soon as you grab it or is it a consumable you use form your inventory?
goes into your inventory. I have one sitting in my vault right now.

DjRalford

Finally sat down to play after sorting the kids out, get one crucible game in then BAM booted for maintenance

F***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit

Ok it's let me back in, wtf is going on.

border

It's funny how everyone cheers Bungie for Destiny for ditching the Light System, when the new system is exactly the same thing. The gear you equip will still largely determine your level of progression and you'll still have a number to strive towards that is largely RNG dependent. I don't have any problem with this, but all they are doing is playing a shell game and people are falling for it.

It's weird to me that they would nerf Gjallarhorn saying "Oh we don't like that people are being excluded from groups" and then introduce this new Light stat that becomes a new way for people to exclude others from groups. How long until we see "MUST BE LIGHT 500 TO JOIN"?

Have they given any more hints about the possibility of upgrading any year one legendary weapons? I know they said not to dismantle anything before the stream tomorrow, but I haven't really been following this thread.

I think it would be cool if they give you a very small amount of one-time usage upgrades for year one weapons. Like maybe 1 per character with a maximum of 3 per account. Or even if it's just a single one. I will never get over Fatebringer unless there is a new hand cannon with the same perks.

they should have put the quest page between inventory and settings. thats going to be one more TAP to get to the friends list I dont need in my life.

Have they given any more hints about the possibility of upgrading any year one legendary weapons? I know they said not to dismantle anything before the stream tomorrow, but I haven't really been following this thread.

I think it would be cool if they give you a very small amount of one-time usage upgrades for year one weapons. Like maybe 1 per character with a maximum of 3 per account. Or even if it's just a single one. I will never get over Fatebringer unless there is a new hand cannon with the same perks.

they dismantle in to Legendary Marks if the teaser trailer is anything to go buy. how many? dont know.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's funny how everyone cheers Bungie for Destiny for ditching the Light System, when the new system is exactly the same thing. The gear you equip will still largely determine your level of progression and you'll still have a number to strive towards that is largely RNG dependent. I don't have any problem with this, but all they are doing is playing a shell game and people are falling for it.

It's weird to me that they would nerf Gjallarhorn saying "Oh we don't like that people are being excluded from groups" and then introduce this new Light stat that becomes a new way for people to exclude others from groups. How long until we see "MUST BE LIGHT 500 TO JOIN"?
Actually it really isn't largely RNG. As clarified for me earlier unless bungie drastically changes the way you upgrade legendaries in year 2 it shouldn't be difficult to reach max light level. Etheric light and light level 42 armor isn't exactly scarce or reliant on RNG right now.

Deku Tree

Let's wait to hear more about the system from Bungie. It could be big changes or a shell game. Not enough details have been revealed yet. At a minimum it makes the requirements needed for specific activities clearer to more casual players.

Top Bottom