• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

Bladedancers are scrubs. Thats about it. While Gunslingers are beauty. The only good thing about bladedancers are their invisible perks for soloing stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I love warlocks. Because they have big heads.
ersgdfg.gif

Also drizzay and hawkian are you guys having trouble at Skolas? Feels like i have been watching you two in Skolas Revenge forever.

Lol wasn't the smoothest "double newbie" run
*cough cough Colonel cough*
I've ever done but wasn't too bad.

I can do another Skolas School if any newbies are around.

Sorry for the repost but going to for top of page.

Need Skolas kill to get Year 1 emblem. Any help?

Newbies like you! Are you still looking for it?

Strike playlists, drops from ROC.

It must be pretty rare. I dont think i have seen more than 5 people with it. i want it.

To the above question: glimmer farming on gatekeeper checkpoint on normal is the fastest way. If you have a full fireteam you can get 25k in like 30 minutes. Pretty doable with smaller teams (and even solo) but it will take a little longer.

Bladedancer, Defender, Sunbreaker, Voidwalker, Sunsinger and the Stormcaller aren't that interesting to me because their abilities don't have that "wow" factor. Blink + blink strike? I find it cheap and lacking in skill.

I understand what you're saying and agree about Gunslingers and Strikers, but you're way off about BDancers. People who don't think Arc Blade takes skill are people that are bad at arc blade. It might be the most skill-intensive super in the game because it gets beaten straight up by Nova, Fist and GG. It's strong in some ways but extremely weak in other ways, requires great mobility and decision making.

BD was the strongest PvP subclass because of Quick Draw, Blink, Arc Bolt and Backstab, in that order. Arc blade + Hungering Blade is good but has to be used very carefully (and also gets punished severely by lag). Obviously Blink was (still is?) OP but even that takes way more skill than many people give it credit. They're the type of abilities that look "cheap" when used against you but are much harder to use correctly yourself.

Defender, Sunsinger, and Voidwalker I understand what you're saying and mostly agree. New subclasses I can't comment on until we actually play with them.

I'm a newbie on PS4 if your still looking

Sorry for slow response, was too busy shooting down Zoba's Blade Dancer hating. I can fire up a run now if you're still down. Shoot me a FR, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Anyone else want to do Skolas? Doesn't have to be newbie since we already have one.

I understand what you're saying and agree about Gunslingers and Strikers, but you're way off about BDancers. People who don't think Arc Blade takes skill are people that are bad at arc blade. It might be the most skill-intensive super in the game because it gets beaten straight up by Nova, Fist and GG. It's strong in some ways but extremely weak in other ways, requires great mobility and decision making.

BD was the strongest PvP subclass because of Quick Draw, Blink, Arc Bolt and Backstab, in that order. Arc blade + Hungering Blade is good but has to be used very carefully (and also gets punished severely by lag). Obviously Blink was (still is?) OP but even that takes way more skill than many people give it credit. They're the type of abilities that look "cheap" when used against you but are much harder to use correctly yourself.

Defender, Sunsinger, and Voidwalker I understand what you're saying and mostly agree. New subclasses I can't comment on until we actually play with them.

I didn't mention skill as it pertained to supers, but i'd disagree nonetheless. Knowing when to use a super is a skill that applies to all of them in varying degrees. The roaming supers of course need a bit more forethought because you can be taken down if you blindly rush into battle, but as far as usability goes there isn't much depth to Arc Blade. It almost literally aims itself and it is very forgiving (especially because it has Blink), therefore the skill ceiling is negligible. Supers like Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc may be easy to panic, and therefore "take less skill", but in the case of both of them there are opportunities to make plays that are interesting to the viewer. Arc Blade doesn't do that for me for the same reason watching a player dominate Smash Bros Brawl with Meta Knight didn't.

Arc Blade has

Increased damage resistance
Health regeneration
Erratic movements
Invisibility
Ranged attacks

Come on. Any skill required to use this thing is dwarfed in comparison to the skill required to take it down.

Maybe there is more thought that goes into it if you're playing other Bladedancers using overpowered shotguns, but against anyone who's not a Bladedancer, the Bladedancer is at an advantage based on their class alone. As a viewer, if I tune into a stream and see somebody dominating with a Bladedancer, my first thought is going to be "Is he really this good, or is it just because this weapon/class is broken?" Having played against most of those guys, I've found that it is usually the latter, and that's why I feel strongly about it.

I don't find the abilities like Arcbolt, Blink or Blink Strike interesting to watch because they similarly don't have any risk. Blink is an evasive manuever with overwhelming offensive and defensive capabilities. Blink Strike is stupidly broken and has a lot of bonus perks associated with it, and that's on top of the other things with the class that you said. The whole skillset honestly feels like cheating. It did get a soft nerf, but it wont disappear from the top spot any time soon because it still has virtually no drawbacks. The leaderboards are dominated by Bladedancers because it's better than all of the other classes and easier to play.

There are plenty of skilled players that play as Bladedancer, but any time those abilities are used I roll my eyes. It holds the player's hands, and therefore a tournament consisting of people known to abuse it does not interest me.

I'd have no issue with the class if it didn't have Blink, but with Blink on top of everything else, it's ridiculously stacked. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't banned from competitive play.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Feel like the input lag has slightly increased due to change in visuals. It wasn't as smooth as before. Hopefully, that's just me adjusting to the new stuff in the game.

darthbob

Feel like the input lag has slightly increased due to change in visuals. It wasn't as smooth as before. Hopefully, that's just me adjusting to the new stuff in the game.

Been playing MGS V lately?

I found it difficult to transition from butter smooth 60FPS to Destiny. Anyone else?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for slow response, was too busy shooting down Zoba's Blade Dancer hating. I can fire up a run now if you're still down. Shoot me a FR, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Anyone else want to do Skolas? Doesn't have to be newbie since we already have one.

Sending now, I was just in POE28. I'm diggymow on PSN

I'll agree about Blink being a bit much in PvP.

It's too easy to be able to run into an enemy, at which point you're both at neutral advantage, and then kneejerk spam the jump button in order to reset the situation, often in your favor.

Tried Bladedancer, Gunsgliner and Voidwalker in Mayhem Clash

Voidwalker wins.

my Titan is near leveling everything, I'm keeping him for Tuesday

1 spot open for PoE35, on Round 3 now. Newbies and vets alike are welcome.

I didn't mention skill as it pertained to supers, but i'd disagree nonetheless. Knowing when to use a super is a skill that applies to all of them in varying degrees. The roaming supers of course need a bit more forethought because you can be taken down if you blindly rush into battle, but as far as usability goes there isn't much depth to Arc Blade. It almost literally aims itself and it is very forgiving (especially because it has Blink), therefore the skill ceiling is negligible. Supers like Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc may be easy to panic, and therefore "take less skill", but in the case of both of them there are opportunities to make plays that are interesting to the viewer. Arc Blade doesn't do that for me for the same reason watching a player dominate Smash Bros Brawl with Meta Knight didn't.

Maybe there is more thought that goes into it if you're playing other Bladedancers using overpowered shotguns, but against anyone who's not a Bladedancer, the Bladedancer is at an advantage based on their class alone. As a viewer, if I tune into a stream and see somebody dominating with a Bladedancer, my first thought is going to be "Is he really this good, or is it just because this weapon/class is broken?" Having played against most of those guys, I've found that it is usually the latter, and that's why I feel strongly about it.

That wasn't what I was getting at though. I don't find the abilities like Arcbolt, Blink or Blink Strike interesting to watch because they don't have any risk. Blink is an evasive manuever with overwhelming offensive and defensive capabilities. Blink Strike is stupidly broken and has a lot of bonus perks associated with it, and that's on top of the other things with the class that you said. The whole skillset honestly feels like cheating. It got a soft nerf to its grenades and blink, but it wont disappear from the top spot any time soon because it has virtually no drawbacks. The leaderboards are dominated by Bladedancers because it's better than all of the other classes and easier to play.

There are plenty of skilled players that play as Bladedancer, but any time those abilities are used I roll my eyes. It holds the player's hands, and therefore a tournament consisting of people known to abuse it does not interest me.

I'd have no issue with the class if it didn't have Blink, but with Blink on top of everything else, it's ridiculously stacked. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't banned from competitive play.

You said abilities and supers are an ability. That said I'm busy doing Skolas so I'll have to retort later :p

1 spot open for PoE35, on Round 3 now. Newbies and vets alike are welcome.

You said abilities and supers are an ability. That said I'm busy doing Skolas so I'll have to retort later :p

Semantics >.>

My thought process behind that post comes down to three things:

1. In any given scenario, is the encounter decided primarily by my skill, or by my class choice?
2. In any given scenario, are my options free and roaming or limited and situational, and am i rewarded for exploring them?
3. In any given scenario, is the outcome interesting to the viewer, and does it reflect positively or negatively on me as a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom