• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
11659354_949640971740841_1835986410734610928_n.jpg

Well that's new.

Or is it.... :p

That damn trap door by Rahool had me fooled after the dark below, someone said "did you see that new trap door" and I went and looked at it and legitimately thought it was newly placed there, until I realized it had been there all along

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All raids, NF, weekly, subclass quests, and tests done. Now just to play some PVP with whoever and wait for the big day.

Goal is to get all classes to 40 and have good gear for Friday's raid.

1 spot open for another PoE35, starting in ~30 minutes. Vet or newbie welcome, we already have a first timer.

as far as usability goes there isn't much depth to Arc Blade.
It almost literally aims itself and it is very forgiving (especially because it has Blink), therefore the skill ceiling is negligible.

These two sentences are so wrong I don't know where to begin. Have you ever played extended time as BD? I'd need more time and probably a gif or two to properly respond. Maybe later, but gonna do one more Skolas today.

inthrall

1 spot open for another PoE35, starting in ~30 minutes. Vet or newbie welcome, we already have a first timer.

These two sentences are so wrong I don't know where to begin. Have you ever played extended time as BD? I'd need more time and probably a gif or two to properly respond. Maybe later, but gonna do one more Skolas today.

If no newbies are keen, I'd like a shot at my last two exotics

I'd like a shot. I never done it before.

PSN: LooneyLMD

Edit:

If that's okay.

If no newbies are keen, I'd like a shot at my last two exotics

Yeah, doesn't have to be a newbie since we already have one. Honestly the nerfs have made it harder to help double newbies anyway.

I really really really hate the shotgun nerf. Horn nerf is annoying too.

What's the best use of my time until Tuesday?

Level rep like faction said. You can also collect some Public Event packages for easy XP when TTK launches. Maybe do the subclass quests? But honestly this is sort of a lame transitional week currently, not a lot to do.

nOoblet16

I agree, having played both subclasses equally Bladedancer super is by far the hardest to use in the game.
It's because it's very easy to get killed while using the arc blade. Titans can also avoid it pretty well due to their burst jumps but most importantly arc blade is inconsistent and it's the only super that gets massively affected by lag because of the close combat. There is a learning curve to moving with the arc blade so that you don't die/run out of energy by the time you get to your target...not other super requires this. Even though from time to time you can get a lot of kills with arc blade if the enemies bunch up, there is a reason why on an average you get far less kills with arc blade than you do with golden gun.

Bladedancers can very easily be taken down, I personally have a more than 50% track record of defeating a bladedancer all on my own by just using a combo of my primary/sniper, grenade or blink strike. Then you have people who use shotguns, or multiple people firing at you. Golden gun on the other hand happens to be the safest super to use in game due to the range and the stickiness of the shot...the super also grants you multi kill most of the time.

Lastly I personally don't use hungering blade and instead use the perk that extends the duration of the arc blade after each kill. It is because my super runs out quickly (for my playstyle) as I don't use MOTTM, and as such I have to be very careful with my approach while using the super because I already have a slow recovery time as a Hunter. And even if you do use hungering blade, you have to factor in lag because often the perk won't trigger immediately and you'll end up dying.

On a separate note, blink is quite hard to use correctly because you'll get caught with your pants down otherwise. You have to make sure that at any given time you have atleast one blink remaining...and make sure that whenever you are engaging in the enemy area you have both your blinks ready for disposal. I cannot stress this point but it's not as easy as it sounds because most people would just abuse it and as such even if they manage to kill one enemy they'll get killed by the enemy's teammates because by the time his blink comes back it'd be too late.

It's still the best (or OP whatever you call it) sub class in the game though, due to the offensive and defensive options it has.

lol I can tell you're just itching to put up your rebuttle, but keep in mind you're going up against a hardcore Gunslinger here.

I'm always interested in hearing the other perspective of course, but I'm not going to budge on this. Even if my reasoning ended up being flawed, I would disagree on the simple fact that I despise the Bladedancer subclass in PvP. Putting it bluntly, I think every aspect of the class is a crutch and it is why I did not find a tournament consisting of Bladedancers to be interesting to watch. Every class has strengths and weaknesses, but the Bladedancer to me is broken beyond belief. I'm sure there are people who feel that way about Gunslingers and the other classes and that's fine. I will accept that my opinion is controversial, and I will stick to it all the same.

In the beta, everyone used to complain about "Fist of Panic". This jab is still around today and in many ways is still relevant, but whenever I have played the Striker (as I did today) i've never thought they were over extending their role. They can do some interesting things and they have specific advantages, but they are all reasonable and manageable. After all, Strikers aren't a heavy presence at the top of the leaderboards.

I respect the decision a player makes when choosing a class and a playstyle they like. What I dislike about the Bladedancer is the build being used in the meta game which has no drawbacks and virtually no risk. It's noob mode and I think most of the good players playing as Bladedancers this way aren't. I don't think a Defender is capable of making "big plays" like the three classes I mentioned earlier, but I would watch a Defender play nonethless because I know that the class requires creativity from the player to succeed. It's not exciting to watch a Bladedancer because in many ways it almost literally plays itself.

Nghtly and ZL Chriss were Warlocks when I met them. Those guys will dominate with a level 1 character that can't even jump, but there's a reason they switched to Bladedancer.

Because Quickdraw is the bestest.

Quickdraw
Blink
Invisibility
Homing grenades
Fastest base agility
The longest ranged melee with the ability to OHK (even from the front). Throwing Knifes have more range obviously but they aren't free kills.
A roaming super with 200% health, ranged attacks, auto aim, 3rd person view

If this class isn't broken then I don't know what is. Bladedancers are the Mary Sues of Destiny.

There are obviously people who like watching Bladedancers, whether they're being played competitively or not. It bores me because I think it's too easy.

I don't necessarily have a problem with "easy things", but I think the reward for playing Bladedancer is disproportionate to the skill required to be good with it.

Kyoufu

I totally agree. I do better with BD than other classes. Most people can't handle Arc Blade, especially when it's coming at them from the air off a Blink.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can I purchase stuff from the Tower without being on the game? Like any apps for the phone? I've decided to buy the Apotheosis Veil but I don't have access to the XB1 until Thursday now.

KxoZz

Quickdraw
Blink
Invisibility
Homing grenades
Fastest base agility
The longest ranged melee with the ability to OHK (even from the front). Throwing Knifes have more range obviously but they aren't free kills.
A roaming super with 200% health, ranged attacks, auto aim, 3rd person view

If this class isn't broken then I don't know what is. Bladedancers are the Mary Sues of Destiny.

There are obviously people who like watching Bladedancers, whether they're being played competitively or not. It bores me because I think it's too easy.

Bladedancers are quite easy to counter though in my opinion. Strikers, Voidwalkers and Gunslingers can use their super to do so and even if nobody has a super, 2-3 primary shots + shotgun will down a bladedancer coming at you. And you can hardly say Bladedancers have a ranged attack. You have to be pretty precise with it and it's really easy to dodge because it moves so slow. And the animation forces you to stand in one spot for a second or so which is not helpful in PvP. I rarely see a Bladedancer kill more than 1 or 2 people before dying themselves.

That's why for me in PvP:
Gunslinger>Voidwalker>Sunsinger>Bladedancer>Striker>Defender

Bladedancers are quite easy to counter though in my opinion. Strikers, Voidwalkers and Gunslingers can use their super to do so and even if nobody has a super, 2-3 primary shots + shotgun will down a bladedancer coming at you. And you can hardly say Bladedancers have a ranged attack. You have to be pretty precise with it and it's really easy to dodge because it moves so slow. And the animation forces you to stand in one spot for a second or so which is not helpful in PvP. I rarely see a Bladedancer kill more than 1 or 2 people before dying themselves.

That's why for me in PvP:
Gunslinger>Voidwalker>Sunsinger>Bladedancer>Striker>Defender

Supers counter supers so I wouldn't count that against Bladedancer anymore than I would the others.

I'm not saying it is impossible to counter either. I just find it disproportionately rewarding.

Razer's Edge is the only thing I would say is "difficult" to use, but its AoE is forgiving and most of the time is being used in a corridor where the opponent is unlikely to dodge it.

Maybe I would shrug off Bladedancers if I used Blink Shotgun myself. Being primarily Hand Cannon + Sniper makes me biased as I've said, and it's why I groan whenever I see it. There is no skill involved in chasing a player across the map, lunging at them in the middle of a gunfight, or effortlessly nading them around a corner.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You're screwed. If only Xbone had Remote Play.

That sucks. I hope they release a feature for the phone apps sometime in the future. Luckily I haven't fully packed up my stuff yet so getting to the XB1 was easy enough so I've managed to get the helm.

educator

Is there any way to buy all three expansions together? Im playing on PS4 and it says I need the previous two if I want to play TKK.

Tovarisc

I totally agree. I do better with BD than other classes. Most people can't handle Arc Blade, especially when it's coming at them from the air off a Blink.

There is way too much RNG involved in countering attack spamming BD. At times it may die to shotgun shot through head, most of the time it doesn't care and takes 0 damage. Countering it is just bitch to do.

Almost like spamming attack gives BD invincibility frames, or it just lags fuck out of the game.

Kyoufu

There is way too much RNG involved in countering attack spamming BD. At times it may die to shotgun shot through head, most of the time it doesn't care and takes 0 damage. Countering it is just bitch to do.

Almost like spamming attack gives BD invincibility frames, or it just lags fuck out of the game.

Laggy Arc Blades are the worst, especially when you've lined up your shotty/sniper to take them out.

Hedge

Hello!
How easy is the regular Devil's Lair strike to solo (with the solo glitch)?
I've given up trying to do my class quest the normal way, so I want to just do an easy strike on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom