• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that Vault of Glass mission solo yesterday and its the perfect example of bungies efforts to force more movement rather than "camp and snipe" strategies in the past

Dodging darkness hadoukens, picking off shield giving goblins, avoiding snipes, dodging in an out of fire, literally running away from stealth fallen...

what a blast

SpecX

Crap, just noticed you need legendary Marks to buy materials. Guess it's back to farming the planets as those marks are way too hard to come by at this point.

so people would suggest using marks to infuse rather than buying legendaries at this point?

for people with full legendary sets--how did you come by them?

Hoodbury

So Jealous of you all getting to play all the new stuff as I'm sitting here at my inlaws farm house with 1.5 mb download speed internet.

Congrats on OT30 DGAF.

lt519

Still avoiding spoilers, but wow what an expansion. Played for 12 hours on one character and I'm still turning up quests and feel I've only scratched the surface of the Dreadnaught. The story was fantastic, the missions varied, there's a ton to do, and the new subclasses are really fun to play.

My only gripes are that I've been getting armor and weapons from packages under the max light level so looks like we're forced into using Legendary Marks that don't seem too abundant once the quest lines dry up. It's going to be a grind once again to get to NF and Raid level. Maybe spoilers?

We did all of The Taken War except the last Mars mission since we were too low in light level, I think this is the last Taken War subquest?

My favorite Dreadnaught chest:
The one that has toxic ground and takes forever to open, we had to get our titan to do an Armor of Light bubble to do this one

Favorite random patrol happening:
Three part quest where the last patrol mission was to just dance

Sad that I'm going to have to hang up the shoes before I'm really ready for the raid. I'll have to do it in October and the chances of finding people to do it blind then aren't great ):

What's with Year 1 weapons doing better than Year 2 weapons with higher attack levels? Not sure if its my imagination or what.

I end up resorting back to Year 1 weapons most of the times to get the job done but downside is it brings my light level down.

So Jealous of you all getting to play all the new stuff as I'm sitting here at my inlaws farm house with 1.5 mb download speed internet.

Congrats on OT30 DGAF.

Don't worry Hood, by the time you get internet back and start playing again, you'll probably still outlevel me

Deku Tree

So once you finish the main story and do the main quests and your at about 240 light, then what do you do to progress your light level up to 280-300?

Do you just run the Strike playlist and pray?

Old one is gone, I think.

No I think there are three DO ships in the loot table, and old one is still around. Believe people got the old ships yesterday on rank ups. Not 100% sure, but I remember that.

So it's gonna take FORVER to get our year 2 exotics. 125 marks each, and so much other stuff to buy...

The grind for marks is real.

On a related note, yesterday in a Crucuble match me and (I think) everyone on my team got 15 marks after we won. Obviously this doesn't happen every time. It might have been random, but we also had a 'big comeback' I wonder if that happens every time you come back to win a game, or if it was just a coincidence. If so, a team of 6 could just let themselves fall behind and then comeback to win, 15 marks every time. Just a thought.

Goal today: get a high enough light level to do the Nightfall. Should be easily doable as I'm already 244 and yet to run any strikes, which seem to hand out better blues and purples each time.

Sullichin

So it's gonna take FORVER to get our year 2 exotics. 125 marks each, and so much other stuff to buy...

On a related note, yesterday in a Crucuble match me and (I think) everyone on my team got 15 marks after we won. Obviously this doesn't happen every time. It might have been random, but we also had a 'big comeback' I wonder if that happens every time you come back to win a game, or if it was just a coincidence. If so, a team of 6 could just let themselves fall behind and then comeback to win, 15 marks every time. Just a thought.

Was it your first match in the daily playlist after hitting level 40?

Daily crucible always gives 15 legendary marks first time you do it, no matter what.

Provided that you're reach lvl 40.

X-Frame

Anyone want to group for the Daily Story? Tried solo'ing it at 247 Light but there is just too many enemies to kite.

PSN X-Frame

Yep... will be in today. Then it's just making it through the rest of the workday...

That's the hardest part...

Goal today: get a high enough light level to do the Nightfall. Should be easily doable as I'm already 244 and yet to run any strikes, which seem to hand out better blues and purples each time.

Right, so are Strikes the best bet right now for getting good quality blues? What's the required light level for them?

Anyone want to group for the Daily Story? Tried solo'ing it at 247 Light but there is just too many enemies to kite.

PSN X-Frame

Want to wait ~12 hours for me to get home? :)

I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually did a great job with sotry this time around imo...

My takes so far:

- Eris is awesome.
- Ikora is even more awesome.
- Zavala needs to relax a bit but otherwise, awesome.
- Cayde is a smart ass.

Getting to level 40 is too fast tho. Should have taken a bit longer imo. I didn't even finish the story yet.

New crucible maps are all great except for the one with the portals. I love Memento... I think that's the name. Great lines for Pulse and Scouts.

Just like vanilla and TDB, I probably won't raid this first week. Don't have as much time to play and i'm still working on finishing Persona 3 FES. I'll let you guys figure out the best strategy before taking part myself. :)

That's the hardest part...

Right, so are Strikes the best bet right now for getting good quality blues? What's the required light level for them?

Want to wait ~12 hours for me to get home? :)

From what I've seen on streams seems like it. Heroic is recommended 260 light, but the vanguard strike playlist also seems to give good rewards. Bosses actually drop gear after you kill them now too.

I kill on at the divide just wait there like waiting for the tank event

Little waves of Taken start to bubble in the area if you kill each little wave he is the Huge guy at the end

So they showed up, i killed them a .couple lietenants were slain, then it it said the corruption subsided and it was over. No big guy. What did i do wrong?

Haha, 9 PM? Sure. Hopefully I'll be higher level by then.

Liking the Nightstalker?

I'll be on then but you don't actually have to wait for me, haha. You're welcome to help though of course...!

From what I've seen on streams seems like it. Heroic is recommended 260 light, but the vanguard strike playlist also seems to give good rewards. Bosses actually drop gear after you kill them now too.

Strikes are 260 light? Yikes. What's the best way to get to 260 light? Haha...

Cruxist

Took yesterday off to go to the DMV (and maybe play Destiny after that....) and I'm feeling the grind, but it's good.

Hit 226 light, even with my packages being crap. Got one of the PS exclusive purple engrams for gauntlets. Still rocking 3 blues, but I think I can edge Dead Orbit over tonight, assuming I don't get more crap (like the titan mark from my first package...)

I'm not sure I'll be at level for the raid this weekend though. I was really trying for it, but I just don't know if I'll make it. Trying to save my marks to buy gear, but oh man is it taking a while.

Somnia

Hit level last night and finished the Crota strike. Holy hell that was awesome, no idea why I quit playing this game. Just started the House of Wolves missions and moving onto Mars, can't wait to get high enough to start trying raids out, etc. with the XB1 DGAF crew.

Wait, so you can get 15 Marks a day for the daily crucible? Not bad. Can you do it with 3 characters for 45?

Nope, it's account-wide. Almost everything in terms of weekly progression is now.

I'll be on then but you don't actually have to wait for me, haha. You're welcome to help though of course...!

Strikes are 260 light? Yikes. What's the best way to get to 260 light? Haha...

Only the weekly Heroic playlist. The vanguard strike playlist is like level 36 if I'm remembering correctly. I'm at work right now so I can't check.

Sullichin

Is 40 the requirement? I may just power level my Warlock so I can get some daily marks for just jumping in crucible for 10 minutes.

Was Rift the daily playlist? That is very likely exactly what happened. Oh well :/

Wait, so you can get 15 Marks a day for the daily crucible? Not bad. Can you do it with 3 characters for 45?

Yeah Rift was the daily yesterday and you have to be 40 to get the marks. I believe the marks from daily crucible are account-wide so you can only do it on one character per day but I'm not positive.

Lnkn52

This back and forth tower business

HYPE At Max

PITBULL-SUCKS3.gif

At the Moment:
WarlockLnkn52-v2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom