• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they showed up, i killed them a .couple lietenants were slain, then it it said the corruption subsided and it was over. No big guy. What did i do wrong?
Could have missed a wave or the big guy is rare he also shows up in the skulls partrol missions but rare

It happened after I cleared the mission and ghost yelled out a warning I was alone he is boss level huge

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So wait, you can only get 15 marks a day from crucible, just from the first daily map? You can't just farm marks by doing whatever crucible matches you want after that, as has been the case with crucible marks in year 1?

That sounds like some weinerpoop

Shito

Got the weaponsmith to rank 2, and he gave me a package with the pulse rifle (good thing I didn't order it ^^) and a quest.
So. Many. Quests.

Am_I_Evil

Did that Vault of Glass mission solo yesterday and its the perfect example of bungies efforts to force more movement rather than "camp and snipe" strategies in the past

Dodging darkness hadoukens, picking off shield giving goblins, avoiding snipes, dodging in an out of fire, literally running away from stealth fallen...

what a blast

i found a great cheese spot in this mission yesterday by complete accident...but the mission was great (but seriously...we shouldn't have tried it on hard with a Fireteam of only 2 220ish people lol...holy hell it was crazy)

Whereas in vanilla Destiny buying gear with marks was your main way of leveling up, legendary marks in TTK are more of a secondary gearing-up mechanic, allowing you to purchase a piece of gear you may be missing. Instead, the marks are more useful for infusing gear that you find by actually playing the game, with strikes being your best bet (I haven't seen the Court of Oryx, yet, so that might be a good option too).

Basically, don't think of it as you having to grind all these marks to get better gear. Instead just play the game normally, doing strikes, quests and whatnot, and better gear will naturally come to you.

I'm only 244 light right now due to not being able to play that much yesterday (adult working life yo), but this seems to be the best advice based on what people have said in this thread and what I've seen in streams.

Edit: Also obviously once everyone starts getting to higher light levels they'll start caring about the perks on the gear and what setup works the best, which may require spending more marks on legendaries and exotics to get exactly what you want. But when everyone is just trying to gear up, spending marks on gear seems to be a waste. Save them for infusing and getting that perfect legendary/exotic later.

ich00

So much good in TTK. I played for 5 or 6 hours last night and did'nt even finish the story yet. Got all 3 characters new class unlocked, tho. There just so much to see and do. Did the daily yesterday, a bit underleved and light level be damned, wound up
killing oryx
with the good ole g'horne for old times sake.

Luckily I'm done work early today, so I'll have a few hours in the afternoon to play some more. Sitting at work on 3 hours sleep is not productive at all.

Dailies are once per account. Heroic strike is three per account.

Reddit has a decent guide for legendary marks.

Thanks.

Edit: This is a nice compromise. "You can run it [weekly] three times on one character and get the marks three times but you will only get a legendary engram on your first run. If you run it on all three characters one time you get marks for each run plus a legendary engram for each run. For the first few weeks I will probably run it once on each until I am decently geared up and then run it three on one if I need the marks after that."

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Have people been doing the level 36 non-heroic TTK strike playlist? Does that pull from every strike, just the 4 new ones, or the 4 new ones plus 3 revamped ones? Also, how is it for loot? I would hope that doing that playlist will pretty quickly get you to 240 for the heroic playlist.

Kind of upset they didn't keep the "marmoset" name for the one playlist btw.

Also, I know everyone is in love with the sword but I unlocked mine yesterday and I'm not really feeling it. Guess it'll take some practice to get used to using it in PvE.

Didn't try it in PvP at all, but I imagine that could be fun too, as long as a rocket with ridiculous proximity (they really didn't nerf that enough) doesn't find you first.

Shito

Ouuuh yeah!

UBdUwXe.jpg

It's only 240 light and with crappy perks.

lt519

Ouuuh yeah!

It's only 240 light and with crappy perks.

Mine had Firefly and Last on Fireteam with Shortgaze :) I just got another one in a package at a higher light level and am going to infuse it into the Firefly one

*jealous*

For a while me and my clan mate were using that sniper rifle to do all the higher level content and just creeping around maps. It stopped working at
the last Mars Taken War mission boss on Phobos

j-wood

Do grimore cards not unlock if you are not the party leader?

I was looking at all I unlocked yesterday and realized all the crota dark below cards are locked, even though I've beaten the raid and omnigul strike.

But, I think I joined others every time on those.

Deku Tree

So once you finish the main story and do the main quests and your at about 240 light, then what do you do to progress your light level up to 280-300?

Do you just run the Strike playlist and pray?

So once you finish the main story and do the main quests and your at about 240 light, then what do you do to progress your light level up to 280-300?

There's a quest to run 5 strikes in the Vanguard Playlist, so I'd do that (it's what I plan on doing when I get home this evening). With the strike streak thing and smart loot the game actually is pretty good about giving you exactly what you need.

Edit: Except for yesterday when I got the same Scout Rifle from two DO packages in a row. :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

There's a bunch of new quests to do for new gear, marks, etc. Can also do crucible/strikes.

Namikaze1

Do Ikorra's strike quests.

It's how I have gotten my high leveled gear so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom