• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

If the bump is significant, then sure. Doesn't feel that way right now.
It will, soon. ^^
Was clinging to them at first as well, but had to let them go after a few missions in.
For reference, the daily is 240, weekly 260, and nightfall 280.
If you wanna do those, getting there with 170 gear is impossible.

Wallach

Man the Rasputin strike in the Taken variation - maybe due to the current heroic playlist modifier - is so much harder than everything else I've run into in that playlist. The intro section alone is ridiculous.

Oh man, me, Rlench and Warhead just did the Weekly playlist. 240 light against the Psion Flayers. Took us over an hour, I think, but we fucking did it. :lol

aren't shotguns crap now tho? looks like I won't be doing the quest. they need to make TLW good again before I even care.

well, you can do this with it:
image.gif

and it fires slugs instead of buckshot.

While TLW is equipped, 1 point per kill, 2 points for precision kill, -1 point for death.

Maximum cheese tip: for the Crucible-impaired, deaths while TLW isn't equipped don't count. So if you can't manage to make progress, you can be the sad master of cheese and only equip TLW before using Supers or Rockets. It sounds insane but it's probably the easiest way for people who don't like PvP but still want the Chap.

But what are "points" if progress is measured in percentage? One percent progress per kill? I'd think there's more to it than that, I had 32% progress after one game. I think ~21 kills with a ~2.5 K/D. Who knows.

I'm a couple steps past that now. Next you
Pay a 15,000 glimmer bribe to the Cryptarch... Then you have to get crucible kills with shotguns (Not sure exactly how many but I'm a couple kills away from completing after 3 games so not many)

I think there is one more step after this which I'll figure out soon.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. Not crazy about that last part especially since I'm doing it on my Titan but whatever. There's so much PvE stuff yo do now I'm not very PvP focused. All about getting raid-ready over the next two days and I doubt Chaperone will be a valuable weapon there.

Yeah I'm good to go.

Wife made applesauce. Dishes took longer than expected, haha. Should be back on in 5.

neoism

dat
stealth
mission kreygasm

cool and sad for me seeing how ive yet to do the crota raid.. doubt anyone well for awhile.. plus i guess you have to beat it on normal to unlock hard...:/

i wonder do you even have to to the tdb raid to be able to do the ttk raid?

ocean

Banned
tempting but not sure I wanna suffer for cool reload animation. but anyone who gets it can show it off to me when we play together ;)
Shotguns are still ridiculous tbh. This quest is totally doable for people who play PvP regularly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, yesterday's daily quest was the hardest shit to solo. Need some new gear!

They really outdid themselves with some of these quests. That VoG quest... just great. And the "end game" with additional quests? Just awesome. Don't think I'm going to be able to get more than 1 guy ready for raiding on Friday though. Does anyone know the minimum light for the raid?

Namikaze1

Got my Titan to 275. Was about to buy legendary gauntlets when Rahool gave me blue gauntlets with 283 Defense. Decided to hold off on spending legendary marks to buy either Suros 2.0 or Saint 14 2.0. Leaning towards Saint 14. Just need 20 more marks for it while 45 for Suros.

Got my Hunter to 257 using engrams I collected on my Titan.

Wallach

Has anyone found the tier 2 runes for Court of Oryx on the dreadnaught?

These are sold by Eris too, right?

I had one of the tier 2 runes from a drop somewhere, yeah. I honestly don't recall where I got it, but me and Hzoltan did it last night after a few attempts with a couple randoms in the Dreadnaught.

So why are people saying that being able to infuse with blues is such a game changer? The blue would still have to have a higher attack/defense value than the legendary piece of gear you are upgrading for it to work, right? I think the infusion system as a whole has me confused...

ocean

Banned
Ocean, so the Vanguard Ghost is the best first purchase with our marks?
Oh I don't know about best. I'm a noob here.

I just got it because

1) It's the least likely to be found randomly as a drop in my experience; I wouldn't wanna buy a 280 Chest and have a 277 Blue drop a little later :p

2) Other than my Artifact, it was my lowest light piece so it offered the biggest boost

3) Once upgraded, it shows Wormspore on your radar (this sounded amazing until I realized Void Hunters have this perk built in :p)

But honestly I'm in no position to make recommendations right now. I am blueberry Ocean asking around cause I don't know crap :p feels strange and refreshing

So yesterday I thought it was weird that I didn't have the emblem from completing my triumphs. I finished them the week they were announced. Today I looked at my triumph screen and it says I have 0/20 gold chests. I didn't delete any characters or anything. I specifically took 40 mins out of my life to finish the dumb thing. Is this a common issue? I haven't been following Destiny much recently because I was on a media blackout, and was too busy playing yesterday to check the thread. I mean, I don't really care, but at the same time I earned the emblem.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You would need a weapon higher than 300 to infuse another weapon up to 300. I have seen blues over 280 already though from the heroic playlist.

But wouldn't it have to be the same rarity? E.g., can my blue upgrade my purplez?

ocean

Banned
So yesterday I thought it was weird that I didn't have the emblem from completing my triumphs. I finished them the week they were announced. Today I looked at my triumph screen and it says I have 0/20 gold chests. I didn't delete any characters or anything. I specifically took 40 mins out of my life to finish the dumb thing. Is this a common issue? I haven't been following Destiny much recently because I was on a media blackout, and was too busy playing yesterday to check the thread. I mean, I don't really care, but at the same time I earned the emblem.
Happened to me too. They're looking into it.

It will, soon. ^^
Was clinging to them at first as well, but had to let them go after a few missions in.
For reference, the daily is 240, weekly 260, and nightfall 280.
If you wanna do those, getting there with 170 gear is impossible.

I know, I won't stick with it forever. :p

Already changed my chest and gauntlets.

X-Frame

I just got it because

1) It's the least likely to be found randomly as a drop in my experience; I wouldn't wanna buy a 280 Chest and have a 277 Blue drop a little later :p

2) Other than my Artifact, it was my lowest light piece so it offered the biggest boost

3) Once upgraded, it shows Wormspore on your radar (this sounded amazing until I realized Void Hunters have this perk built in :p)

But honestly I'm in no position to make recommendations right now. I am blueberry Ocean asking around cause I don't know crap :p feels strange and refreshing

Got it, haha. Well I'm a Titan so that radar would work well considering the Dreadnaught is new. I do have a hand-cannon which has the Relentless Tracker perk so I can see chests and materials after kills, but it's quite short range.

So why are people saying that being able to infuse with blues is such a game changer? The blue would still have to have a higher attack/defense value than the legendary piece of gear you are upgrading for it to work, right? I think the infusion system as a whole has me confused...

You get progressively higher blues as your own Light level increases. So eventually you'll be getting 290+ Light Blues to level up Legendaries that have better perks and stats.

Frankly it's pretty stupid (290 blues ... Huh?) but makes more sense as you progress.

Zoidberg

If I understand it correctly, I think engrams now (mostly) give you blue gear with comparable or greater light than what you have, so you use those blues and infuse your gear to bring it up.

After going up, subsequent blues will give you slightly higher again and again until you hit that 280-290 mark where raid gear (and presumably ToO gear) takes over.

I'm now getting 274+ blues at 271, and I've noticed as my light goes up, so does the level on the blues.

I'm a big fan of potentially being able to wear a full set of NM gear and stay relevant, even through the hard mode stuff. But I fail to see how this method of gearing up is less confusing than the old one.

Namikaze1

Completed the heroic vanguard strikes quest and now she gives me the nightfall one. Any 280+ gaffers willing to carry my 275 Titan through Nightfall in here? I have cookies. A ton of delicious freshly baked cookies.

Paertan

I just got it because

I am in the same situation. Ghost at 190. Way lower than anything else so buying that 280 Ghost as soon as I get home.

deoee

Guys please...
I can't do it alone.
Last Phase of daily mission and the Taken just fuck me up :(

can someone help me here? ;_;

PS4 - deoee0

Completed the heroic vanguard strikes quest and now she gives me the nightfall one. Any 280+ gaffers willing to carry my 275 Titan through Nightfall in here? I have cookies. A ton of delicious freshly baked cookies.

We could probably team up and find another. 5 and 9 levels below won't make it too bad.

BraXzy

Hmm. I have to pick the elemental type for my sword, what's the best option? I doubt we know the main element that will feature in the new raid yet.

Awesome, guess I'll get out TLW and brave the crucible once more when I get the quest, it looks too cool to ignore

just remember ... the quest its almost impossible to complete right now, the last step require to kill the shield brothers in a dificult of 280 with a shotgun and the first step takes you to get 2.0 k/d on crucible ... very frustrating

I had one of the tier 2 runes from a drop somewhere, yeah. I honestly don't recall where I got it, but me and Hzoltan did it last night after a few attempts with a couple randoms in the Dreadnaught.
Cool thanks for confirming. Did a bunch of tier 1 for the Eris quest but never saw one drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom