• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I can already picture a Void Hunter Trials montage where you tether the entire enemy team together, trickshot a single guardian and they all die.

Five kills, only needed to shoot three folks. Feelsgoodman.

giphy.gif

Arken2121

Hey guys, anyone looking to group up sometime? Just picked up the expansion and am either looking at doing raids and/or a lot of solid pvp.

neoism

holy shit there are like 18475857383938 different keys...:O

also has anyone else found the chest that you can loot but its surrounded by taken consumption .. how?

ocean

Banned

also has anyone else found the chest that you can loot but its surrounded by taken consumption .. how?
I haven't tested it but I'm fairly certain a Titan with Armor of Light can make it.

Ah yea i remember that chest, there was another way to get behind it as well. Hmm, it was in a hole in the wall. It might be in the big area where you are able to see the court of oryx, look around corners. IIRC there were 2 chests, one mormal that could be open, and the other required a key.

Sullichin

So how the hell do people have >150 marks?
My vanguard/crucible marks appear to have turned into: nothing
I only have 15 marks from the daily crucible playlist yesterday.

It seems like I'll get random drops of gear that are better than vendor stuff long before I can afford to buy much from the vendors. I really don't get it.

So how the hell do people have >150 marks?
My vanguard/crucible marks appear to have turned into: nothing
I only have 15 marks from the daily crucible playlist yesterday.

It seems like I'll get random drops of gear that are better than vendor stuff long before I can afford to buy much from the vendors. I really don't get it.
You can get marks from dismantling legendaries. From the story missions. Guaranteed from the Heroic strike playlist.

Yeah

one tick per kill with 20 reserve

Thats insane for a heavy but I guess you risk dying a lot easier with a sword

Sorry misread, stayed up too late playing last night :)

Agree, but yeah I guess you're compensated for how exposed you are running around with a 6 foot tall sword.

This seems to be correct, especially keeping infusion in mind.

Something else to bear in mind is that the three legendary engrams effectively = +9 marks, so it's not all that bad an idea to keep doing 1 per character.
it's just that the two other characters are not strong enough to do weeklies yet. So we are stuck with no way of getting Marks as quickly as Year 1

Sullichin

You can get marks from dismantling legendaries. From the story missions. Guaranteed from the Heroic strike playlist.

3 marks a piece from legendaries right? And story missions are a one time thing. It seems really stingy, worse than the old mark system. I'd hoped that joining crucible/vanguard together in one currency meant I could focus on PVP and not really worry about marks.

Shito

Hmm, guys, did you get this?

R0XLdlz.jpg

The mission was forced onto me (didn't activate any patrol beam manually).
This step was about doing headshots, now I have a "second challenge"...

Lunar FC

Is there anyway to watch the house of wolves cinematic in game? Playing through the first two dlc's with my brother and it didn't pop for him.

I just want my character to be all decked out with FWC gear, I don't want to depend on RNG,
I am mister Customize my character the way I want

*Knuckle touch

Hmm, guys, did you get this?

R0XLdlz.jpg

The mission was forced onto me (didn't activate any patrol beam manually).
This step was about doing headshots, now I have a "second challenge"...

Yeah I got it last night, I don't recall the reward being anything crazy but it was fun to get a mysterious random quest like that. I got it on Earth, so it doesn't seem to be location specific...

The last step is pretty unexpected

3 marks a piece from legendaries right? And story missions are a one time thing. It seems really stingy, worse than the old mark system. I'd hoped that joining crucible/vanguard together in one currency meant I could focus on PVP and not really worry about marks.

Up to 5 marks for dismantling a legendary.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's just that the two other characters are not strong enough to do weeklies yet. So we are stuck with no way of getting Marks as quickly as Year 1
The thrust of weyards post is that gaining marks as quickly as Year 1 isn't the point anymore- progression is no longer balanced around repeating a playlist to hit a mark threshold and purchase a bulk upgrade all at once but rather slowly and consistently raising your Light over time on a smoother curve by playing what you want to play with your current best gear equipped, and supplementing this progress (or specializing, further down the line) with marks every so often.

It'll definitely take some getting used to for veterans and I'm sure it's not a galloping shock to anyone that it doesn't seem to really be expressed clearly via in-game explanation, but I'm reserving judgment for now and leaning toward thinking it is an improvement all-around.

Lyonaz

With legendary marks kinda hard to come by this early, watch Bungie putting up the year 2 equivalent of a Gjallarhorn with Xur for 150 marks and it's the only time he will sell it!

Shito

Yeah I got it last night, I don't recall the reward being anything crazy but it was fun to get a mysterious random quest like that. I got it on Earth, so it doesn't seem to be location specific...

The last step is pretty unexpected
What were your steps?
I got
headshots / ressources gathered / enemies defeated
Gave me the regular rewards for a regular patrol mission, plus 3 coins. Not too crazy, but a nice change of pace. ^^

Afrocious

I posted this in the OT on the gaming side, but I'd like to express my impressions of TTK so far with you all since I was out of touch with HoW after returning to the game.

10 impressions I have about TTK as a returning vanilla player:

1) Oh man, the bosses in the new strikes aren't bullet sponges! Instead, they actually require thought! My favorite boss involves
being stalked in the dark by a slow walking, teleporting boss with a giant sword.
The story's final boss was phenomenal for a first person shooter. Bungie hit their stride here.

2) Gear for days! It's raining blues and greens. I've swapped out my endgame legendary/exotic gear for it and now am on the climb again for higher light gear.

3) More people are jumping into the game and not just focused on PvP. Crucible is fun, but upon my return near the end of House of Wolves, I found the dominant discussion of PvP in threads to be gag-inducing as if folks forgot what Destiny was about - that is, Destiny is about taking your first person shooter and doing way more than just shooting other players in the face. It's about working with them to overcome crazy challenges.

4) There's a story now! Whaaaaa! With characters! People who have time to explain things!

5) Quests for days! Oh man, there's so much to do so far and I'm not starved for content as I was back in vanilla. Though we'll see where we are a week from now.

6) The Taken is a creative way to reuse enemy models. I always felt there needed to be more variety in enemies. Atheon is a giant Minotaur and Crota is a giant Knight. They just had different cool-looking skins. However, the Taken are remixed version of all enemies, so tactics definitely don't remain the same with them. Taken Goblins make other Taken immune to damage. Taken Captains shoot giant black holes at you that will make your screen dark. Taken Ogres...are awesome and I won't spoil that. Definitely way more threatening than their normal versions.

7) New areas are here to explore, such as the dreadnaught. I wish I could drive through it. I also don't like this one area where you have to make this bridge materialize. I still don't know how it works.

8) The musical score makes me want to get the OST, as some people have done already.

9) So far, I haven't hit a drought in gear or stuff to do. Back in vanilla, the climb to 30 after hitting 20 grew exponentially more difficult the closer you got. I'm only at 220 light at the moment, so we'll see what happens.

10) TTK is a big old reset for folks. This is an actual expansion. From what I gather from TDB and HoW, those didn't add too much. TTK, however, is similar to how Diablo 3's Reaper of Souls felt to me so far, which is probably the highest accolade I can give to this game. TTK is looking like the Loot 2.0 for Destiny, and it's definitely worth the 60 bucks I spent on it.

Yup, just finisheds actually.

Did the 5 strikes, then 5 heroic strikes, now I need the nightfall (did it already last night)

Not sure if end reward if worth it....

You can do NF 3x on one char now?? I did it this morning with Nami and got Obsidisn mind Y2 and the strike bosses helmet for my Titan 282 legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom