• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for NF. Was easier than heroic fallen saber actually. Got me enough gear to jump to 281. Wanted an exotic but you can't have everything.

Welcome back Fatebringer!

11224787_511965272291988_6378598993440188810_o.jpg

How did you get petra to give you the lost and found quest for boolean Gemini?

Magik

Not sure if /s, but I'm honestly not sure how to do that.

Make sure that when you are decrypting engrams you are at your highest light level possible.

Decrypt each engram one at a time. Every time you decrypt an item and its higher than what you currently have, equip it so you're constantly increasing your light level, thus increasing your chances of getting better loot.

GlamFM

Banned
Still loving everything, but man is this confusing.

Everything on the Dreadnought needs a "something of something", rune of something, key of something...something..

I´m collecting something of something left and right, but apparently not the right something of something.

Yesterday I put a something of something into a terminal on the Dreadnought and it said that something happened, but I did not notice anything. Now I don´t have this something of something anymore.

No idea how I got this something of something in the first place.

Very confusing.

Wallach

Anyone for NF, or chain running some heroic playlist for loot? Also have a charged Stolen Rune and a spare that needs charged for CoO.

Xion385

Make sure that when you are decrypting engrams you are at your highest light level possible.

Decrypt each engram one at a time. Every time you decrypt an item and its higher than what you currently have, equip it so you're constantly increasing your light level, thus increasing your chances of getting better loot.
Got you. Thanks for the tip!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tomorrow is heroic strikes x10 along with 10 wins in crucible in order to my titan exotic class item. Hopefully all of that will boost me to 290.

you all raised my expectations rather high over the past two days and so far I'm still pretty goddamn impressed.

Im actually excited to run through on my other characters once I finish my Hunter because the story missions were so much fun I want to do it again and again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm convinced that Nightstalker is the best class out of the three new subclasses.

No bias here, nope.
loving the shit out of it and I don't even have the perks I'm most intrigued by yet. I love the moment of hitting the button and then picking the highest priority target to nail with the arrow.

So I finished all the Petra and Varicks quests and got the Trophy for completing them all but the "Lost and Found" quest to get the exotic scout rifle did not show up.

What's the deal?

Still loving everything, but man is this confusing.

Everything on the Dreadnought needs a "something of something", rune of something, key of something...something..

I´m collecting something of something left and right, but apparently not the right something of something.

Yesterday I put a something of something into a terminal on the Dreadnought and it said that something happened, but I did not notice anything. Now I don´t have this something of something anymore.

No idea how I got this something of something in the first place.

Very confusing.

yea i hate this. Too much RPG in my Destiny right now.

Zoidberg

Past the first 3 heroics for marks, is there any difference in rewards between the vanguard strikes (36) and vanguard heroic strikes?

Paertan

Got to say I really like the new Strikes. And I love doing strikes. Great way to get to higher Light levels as well. 2 Guaranteed blue engrams in the end, often 3. Always 1 or 2 at least during strike and have gotten a few purple as well. Strikes seem worth doing now.
Remember Vanilla when doing Patrol missions and events got you more Marks/Rep and shooting into a cave gave you more engrams.
I guess Events and Patrol mission is still best for Rep though.

I'm trying to decide which one has more splash damage that i would need to guard against.

Ogres, Minotaurs, Hydras and Cyclops do Void splash damage.
Fallen Skiffs and Wizards do Arc splash damage.
Fallen captains and Cabal Captains do Solar splash damage.

I'm convinced that Nightstalker is the best class out of the three new subclasses.

No bias here, nope.

The super is just fuckin nasty with the exploding tethered enemy perk that shares dmg between trapped enemies. Looks like a giant nova bomb with bloom when it chains and goes off. It generates a shitload of orbs too(if you use the orb perk). Im head over heels for this subclass.

No bias here, nope.

It's a good support class no doubt, but I can't help but look in envy when I'm trapping enemeis and I see the other guys smashing everything with their Supers. If you don't have ammo or a team shooting at the trapped enemies, it's not particularly useful.

Nightstalker is better for how I play though. It's good at manipulating the field and when playing with randoms I'm ultimately the one making the clutch plays.

Paertan

This seem really weird to say but I am flying to Riga with my work on Friday. They pay for everything. Well ok shopping and drinking not included of course.
But right now I just want to spend the weekend playing Destiny xD

purg3

slept with Malkin

No bias here, nope.

I'm looking forward to leveling mine after I finish gearing up my Titan.

Sunbreaker is a DPS monster with Melting Point. I love it and it's ridiculous.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nightstalker can carry anyone. (Drizzy pls read)

I just ran those 10 heroic strikes with randoms and brehs listen... you can do anything. I've never so casually saved a group from certain doom/wipes since I've started playing. Usually you have to pick and choose how you're going to carry a group, with NS its entirely up to the player. The new strikes CAN be brutal though. S.A.B.E.R. and Restorative Mind especially. Typically you'd run Defender or Bladedancer as a support class, but those have some limitations that I never really had to think of until now.

maomaoIYP

The super is just fuckin nasty with the exploding tethered enemy perk that shares dmg between trapped enemies. Looks like a giant nova bomb with bloom when it chains and goes off. It generates a shitload of orbs too(if you use the orb perk). Im head over heels for this subclass.

I *maybe* wrong here, but it also cancels opponent's supers. I suppose if you tether a group of dudes in PvP and headshot one of them with a sniper/shotgun, they should all die, right?

Trace

Banned
Nightstalker can carry anyone. (Drizzy pls read)

I just ran those 10 heroic strikes with randoms and brehs listen... you can do anything. I've never so casually saved a group from certain doom/wipes since I've started playing. Usually you have to pick and choose how you're going to carry a group, with NS its entirely up to the player. The new strikes CAN be brutal though. S.A.B.E.R. and Restorative Mind especially. Typically you'd run Defender or Bladedancer as a support class, but those have some limitations that I never really had to think of until now.

Restorative Mind/Echo Chamber is a fantastic strike to play with friends, and a horrible strike to play with pubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom