• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how much better the arc warlock is than the other two warlock sub classes. The amount of damage you can deal out is crazy. That long range melee is kind of unfair in pvp, it's like felwinters distance.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I *maybe* wrong here, but it also cancels opponent's supers. I suppose if you tether a group of dudes in PvP and headshot one of them, they should all die, right?

damage is mitigated I think but... they're all pretty much dead unless you have to reload.

nightstalker imo is the one class that has to constantly remain aware of their ammo situation at all times. nothing worse than getting out of the shadowshot animation and having nothing to work with but 2 rounds of auto rifle.

adin75

Still loving everything, but man is this confusing.

Everything on the Dreadnought needs a "something of something", rune of something, key of something...something..

I´m collecting something of something left and right, but apparently not the right something of something.

Yesterday I put a something of something into a terminal on the Dreadnought and it said that something happened, but I did not notice anything. Now I don´t have this something of something anymore.

No idea how I got this something of something in the first place.

Very confusing.

It's quite simple really. Firstly when you get a something of something you use it on something, then it starts something. When something is completed it will drop a something of something, use this something of something on something and something else will start. Complete that and it will drop something of something which you can use to open something to get something.

Simple right?

It's quite simple really. Firstly when you get a something of something you use it on something, then it starts something. When something is completed it will drop a something of something, use this something of something on something and something else will start. Complete that and it will drop something of something which you can use to open something to get something.

Simple right?

tumblr_inline_mn0hkqef241qz4rgp.gif

DY_nasty

Restorative Mind/Echo Chamber is a fantastic strike to play with friends, and a horrible strike to play with pubs.

Its great. I actually caught myself getting ahead of pubs when moving the relic back and forth.

I don't think a lot of people realize that you can throw grenades/melee abilities while holding the ball. Or double jump and slide for that matter.

For PvE I've got the Dont Touch Me 2.0s so I get invis for days between that and smoke.

Also... There is nothing more beautiful than a Stormcaller and Nightstalker timing their supers perfectly together. I wish I had recorded it, but we had two Nightstalkers and one Stormcaller fighting Darkblade and omg he wasn't ready.

I *maybe* wrong here, but it also cancels opponent's supers. I suppose if you tether a group of dudes in PvP and headshot one of them with a sniper/shotgun, they should all die, right?

It does, I shut down a rampaging sunbro titan earlier. Not 100% sure on the shared dmg part but that would be pretty awesome.

Trace

Banned
Its great. I actually caught myself getting ahead of pubs when moving the relic back and forth.

I don't think a lot of people realize that you can throw grenades/melee abilities while holding the ball. Or double jump and slide for that matter.

For PvE I've got the Dont Touch Me 2.0s so I get invis for days between that and smoke.

Also... There is nothing more beautiful than a Stormcaller and Nightstalker timing their supers perfectly together. I wish I had recorded it, but we had two Nightstalkers and one Stormcaller fighting Darkblade and omg he wasn't ready.

Smoke bomb + Relic buff =
Kreygasm.png

DY_nasty

Smoke bomb + Relic buff =
Kreygasm.png

On top of that, USE THE SWORD PPL

I just happened to bring it out in the Taniks strike on a whim... use the block button. The defense rating is on the item for a reason. You will be beside yourself realizing what you can survive, block your teammates from ->you can literally block while reviving <-, and you can shield teammates from tons of shit - as well as take a few boss stomps and trade off.

BLOCK

DONT FORGET TO BLOCK

Raybunny

Tomorrow is heroic strikes x10 along with 10 wins in crucible in order to my titan exotic class item. Hopefully all of that will boost me to 290.

In around 8 hours I will be up to do Heroic strikes and also some crucible to finish that shotgun + faction rank 25 quest. Ill poke the psn chat then.

R0ckman

I'm not too fond of the new heroic strike system, it's close to impossible running the playlist with randos now. Though I'm not complaining about my progress tonight, got up about 10 light levels due to an legendary engram turning into a year two exotic armor.

A shame we are at the mercy of RNG again.

alright.

how do you get that Ace of Spades gun? Heard it was through gunsmith?
nevermind I know how to google.

Gunsmith rank 3

Kill 100 enemies while using primary telemetry

Dismantle hand cannons, need 10 total but rares count as 2 and legendaries as 5

I'll have the gun tomorrow along with the sniper.

I'm not too fond of the new heroic strike system, it's close to impossible running the playlist with randos now. Though I'm not complaining about my progress tonight, got up about 10 light levels due to an legendary engram turning into a year two exotic armor.

A shame we are at the mercy of RNG again.

Progress is not tied to RNG. Only perks are considered RNG now. Simply playing the game guarantees you'll continue to level up.

Also, once you get your light level up some more, heroic strikes with randoms is not a big deal.

The Sword in PvP is too fucking fun.

Until some guy with Felwinters ruins it.

In other news, The Last Word still sucks and this quest is awful when I can't even out DPS Monte Carlo.

nOoblet16

If anyone is still wondering about what to do with the interloper relic that spawns around Court of Oryx, I have the answer (one spawns on the other end of the hallway that leads to the court and the other spawns in a room somewhere to the left of the court).

It is used to shield you from the toxic floor from when you try to open that slow opening chest that spawns once a day (week?), although you can also use a titan bubble to protect yourself while opening the chest.

Trace

Banned
If anyone is still wondering about what to do with the interloper relic that spawns around Court of Oryx, I have the answer (one spawns on the other end of the hallway that leads to the court and the other spawns in a room somewhere to the left of the court).

It is used to shield you from the toxic floor from when you try to open that slow opening chest that spawns once a day (week?), although you can also use a titan bubble to protect yourself while opening the chest.

You can also use Bladedancer if any hunters are wondering.

Raybunny

Gunsmith rank 3

Kill 100 enemies while using primary telemetry

Dismantle hand cannons, need 10 total but rares count as 2 and legendaries as 5

I'll have the gun tomorrow along with the sniper.

Cannot wait to get my Gunsmith to rank 3 and get possibly the hand cannon. Feels weird to play with scout or pulse. Fatebringer withdrawal syndrome.

While doing Bashee's Quest to get the Warlock Legendary Fusion, I laughed out loud when he asked me to dismantle rare (and legendary) fusion rifles.

the irony is that I used Pocket Infinity (with telementry) to kill kill 75 badguys in "you've awoken the Hive!"

so what Sword element is everyone going with?

Arc, just thinking of against what shields will i be going up against that i can do reckless melee damage against. Captains and Knights seem the best option. Void would be valid as well against Minotaurs and Flayers.

nOoblet16

so what Sword element is everyone going with?

Void, since it's the rarest element meaning the shield will be fully effective against most of the enemies. When it comes to attacking an enemy without shield it does the same damage as other swords, will only fall short when attacking an enemy with a shield that has the wrong element but you have your teammates and other weapons for that.

Juraash

Hit 75 marks and bought my Ghost Shell and the fusion rifle I dismantled to hit that 75 marks gave me the last points I needed to get my class fusion rifle. Jumped 12 light lvls to 251 as a result. Making excellent progress for an 8-5er.

DY_nasty

So what's the threshold for y'all before you infuse something? 10+ above your current thing?

Marks come easy seeing as how the game throws legendaries at you now compared to before. I level them up through quests or missions then break them down for the extra 2 marks.

I tend to only keep legendaries if they have a nice set of perks or are awesome or needed (sword. don't shard the sword ever).

But its whatever, some blues are worth keeping over legendaries too

nOoblet16

Vanishing smoke makes me feel like Darkwing Duck, even the smoke is purple (looks blue in the picture below though), .

"I am the terror that flaps in the night"

zjPwrRI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom