• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'll say it now just in case...

YOUR LIGHT LEVEL AFFECTS YOUR DROPS. If your light level is 210 chances are a drop/enfram will be in the 210-220 region.

Every time you exchange an enfram, check it isn't better than the currently equipped thing. If it is, swap it out before your next enfram for better chance at loot.

One last note, DON'T WASTE L MARKS ON LEGENDARY ENGRAMS if below 280 light level, pretty sure Rahool will screw you.

Aren't engrams decided when they are dropped rather than when they are decrypted? The best advice would be to periodically visit the cryptarch to decode and equip higher level items while doing the grind.

Aren't engrams decided when they are dropped rather than when they are decrypted? The best advice would be to periodically visit the cryptarch to decode and equip higher level items while doing the grind.

People are now saying it's when they are decrypted. I have no confirmation but it seems to work that way in my case.

Anybody doing the Petra wars quest? I'm doing the three bounties you get from the Queen at the end. I'm on the Cosmo drome if anyone wants to party up.

jurgen

Going through story mode if anyone wants to join or just hang out. A few missions into Taken King, currently on Last Rites.

PSN: Rorschach

Just hit 280

As far as tips for leveling. Don't worry about vendors. Just do all the quests till your able to do the weekly heroics. You'll get hella engrams there including some legendary ones. Get to the highest light you can before you decrypt them for optimal progression. If you wanna be kitted out in legendary gear your better off infusing than buying. Be sure to be a ghost though, yet to see any drop in the wild.

Obscured

Gunsmith Rank 3.

I got a quest for using scout rifles with a telemtry. Then dismantle legendary and rare scout rifles. I got this.

CPEr1shUwAAQicT.jpg

Hmm, just got a quest from him but for shotgun, now I'm feeling hopeful, but it's early days so I'm okay if it ends up with nothing special.

Kalamari

People are now saying it's when they are decrypted. I have no confirmation but it seems to work that way in my case.

I think I read a thread claiming this on reddit, maybe that's where people are getting this idea. Is there any way we can test this? Or, if Luke Smith is reading, maybe he can give a definitive answer to when engrams are decided.

Hey, DestinyGaf!

I'm picking Destiny up again after taking a bit of a break during House of Wolves. I never really 'got into Destiny.' I've never done a raid, never done a nightfall to completion. I have people I play with occasionally but I always seemed to just miss the bus, so to speak.

My PSN name is Hresvelgrwhite,

and ya'll are welcome to add me. I don't have a mic atm (that works with PS4 anyway. Most of my gaming is on the PC lately :( ) but I'd love to have to people to run strikes with/do dumb shit.

Just hit 280

As far as tips for leveling. Don't worry about vendors. Just do all the quests till your able to do the weekly heroics. You'll get hella engrams there including some legendary ones. Get to the highest light you can before you decrypt them for optimal progression. If you wanna be kitted out in legendary gear your better off infusing than buying. Be sure to be a ghost though, yet to see any drop in the wild.

Yep, this is exactly what I've been doing. Just going through the tons and tons of quests, then did a fair few heroic strikes, then have just continued doing quests. Engrams drop so fast and furious now. I've bought a couple pieces of gear and immediately regretted it upon having my next drop be better. Definitely agree with buying a ghost though, it's about the only thing worth buying.

Best way to increase light level to daily heroic and strike range after hitting 40? Not sure what to do

Here you go

Just hit 280

Frenden

Banned
Good if obvious advice alert.

Transfer your highest attack/light guns to your current character and equip them before opening engrams.

Open engrams one at a time. Equip anything better as you go. Higher light means better results and it doesn't seem to matter what your light was when the engram dropped.

Case in point, my hunter is a high light level. Once my Titan hit 40, I transferred my guns to him and opened a bunch of blue engrams I was saving. He hit light 240+ in a matter of minutes.

I'm locked out of the new subclass on my hunter. Don't manually go to orbit after getting the mission complete screen after the first step or you'll never be able to unlock the subclass. And yes I tried everything.

Just a PSA.

Lunar FC

Hey, DestinyGaf!

I'm picking Destiny up again after taking a bit of a break during House of Wolves. I never really 'got into Destiny.' I've never done a raid, never done a nightfall to completion. I have people I play with occasionally but I always seemed to just miss the bus, so to speak.

My PSN name is Hresvelgrwhite,

and ya'll are welcome to add me. I don't have a mic atm (that works with PS4 anyway. Most of my gaming is on the PC lately :( ) but I'd love to have to people to run strikes with/do dumb shit.

Just ask around here wherever you want to do something and people are usually quick to help out. There are also newbie raid where a couple guys teach newcomers the tactics in the raid. You can check out the OP for more information on that.

Just hit 280

Heh. I hadn't seen one in the wild either. Bought the vanguard one at 280. Did a heroic strike right after... Blue 285 ghost dropped. Cayde won't refund my marks. He's lucky he's funny.

I'm locked out of the new subclass on my hunter. Don't manually go to orbit after getting the mission complete screen after the first step or you'll never be able to unlock the subclass. And yes I tried everything.

Just a PSA.

Wow that sucks...There must be a way. I would message Bungie in their forums or on Twitter.

One of the major things I dislike about this quest system is how everyone is on a different page. It's difficult to find people to help at your specific stage of a specific quest, especially now where everyone wants to do their own thing and level up for the Raid.

I've been using a "righteous vii" new monarchy/suros auto rifle, and I'm in love again. I can mow down trash mobs like I have a heavy machine gun in my primary slot.

BTW... spending my marks on the 280 ghost shell coincided with all of the strikes opening up and I jumped from 220 to 240 pretty quick. Now I can do the daily story tomorrow!

People who hate farming are not going to like the Exotic Sword quest, at least the first step any way. Been going around the moon for 30 mins and only have 1/10 items I need.

I've been using a "righteous vii" new monarchy/suros auto rifle, and I'm in love again. I can mow down trash mobs like I have a heavy machine gun in my primary slot.

BTW... spending my marks on the 280 ghost shell coincided with all of the strikes opening up and I jumped from 220 to 240 pretty quick. Now I can do the daily story tomorrow!

Great auto rifle, agreed.

Do the vanguard strike list when you can. You'll get engrams that will level you up too. You'll be rocking the nightfall in no time.

R0ckman

There is a Suros AR that is basically exactly the same but holds more ammo

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't need to test the weekly weapons. I've been getting a lot of these rasputin drops and every one counts for 200 points to rank up gunsmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom