• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

So in less than an hour I got my Warlock on light level 270 and that includes leveling from 34 to 40 in that hour.

This only works if you already have another high light level guardian.

The trick is to transfer all your high ATK weapons and high DEF ghost to your low level character.

Have them equip the gear before opening any engrams. The higher your light level, the higher your ATK/DEF will be on the engrams you open.

Once you have legendary armor, you can transfer over high light level blue armor from your other class and infuse. It doesn't matter if it's Hunter, Titan, Warlock, you can infuse any class armor with any other class.

So yeah, my Warlock is NF ready and maybe even raid ready in less than an hour.

BahamutPT

Just tried Court of Oryx Tier 3 with 7 other players. Managed to get it down several times, but it really is hard for a puny 266 light guardian like me! It's fun though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So in less than an hour I got my Warlock on light level 270 and that includes leveling from 34 to 40 in that hour.

The trick is to transfer all your high ATK weapons and high DEF ghost to your low level character.

Have them equip the gear before opening any engrams. The higher your light level, the higher your ATK/DEF will be on the engrams you open.

Once you have legendary armor, you can transfer over high light level blue armor from your other class and infuse. It doesn't matter if it's Hunter, Titan, Warlock, you can infuse any class armor with any other class.

Good if obvious advice alert.

Transfer your highest attack/light guns to your current character and equip them before opening engrams.

Open engrams one at a time. Equip anything better as you go. Higher light means better results and it doesn't seem to matter what your light was when the engram dropped.

Case in point, my hunter is a high light level. Once my Titan hit 40, I transferred my guns to him and opened a bunch of blue engrams I was saving. He hit light 240+ in a matter of minutes.

Good advice. This is the effectively the equivalent of stashing and transferring legendaries for the other classes to boost them rapidly from 20 back in the day.

Uhh, did you do some Court of Oryx? I know I had to do one of those.

Yeah I've done tons of CoO. Finished the Quest including completing a Tier 3, plus grinding out lots of Tier 1s and 2s.

Reading a bit on Reddit and apparently it's not guaranteed that the final Exotic Petra quest drops for you once you've finished everything else. I've done all the Taken War quests (including Petra), the CoO quest, the Variks quest... the only thing left I can think of is the kill VIP Targets Vanguard quest which I'm trying to finish now.

Serious bummer to grind out all those quests and not get the payoff. Oh well, maybe it'll show up later. I got a Suros 2.0 from the Nightfall so maybe that will be worth a damn come Friday.

Xion385

Anyone know which faction is best to align with?

Also, if you align with a faction like FWC, you gain their faction, right? Or do you still get Vanguard also?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Just realized i've played Dust Palace more in the last two days than I have all of year one.

And yes I'm on ps4

i still have no idea how people are getting that much light. i just barely hit 250

Rehsa

Well got a couple of missions in before I had to call it, did up until the Dreadnaught mission, so awesome. Can't wait until I can get back in there

Baliis

Anyone want to play a Salvage match?

Ah I literally just did one before getting off. Smashed the other team and get a legendary chest engram, so pretty happy.

Ending the night at 242, I do kinda like the loot system now of slowly giving out better and better gear, makes me feel like I made progress even if all I really did was get lost in the Dreadnaught for hours.

I'm not even sure how people have 240 and up.

Is it just from doing the quests after the main story? Or combination of luck? I'm barely past 200.

As you get engrams, they'll keep decoding into higher and higher gear

Raybunny

Was a gracious yesterday. The road to 290 was very enjoyable with Driz,Ruth,toasty and others.

I guess its time to focus on switching those blues to legends and infuse them plus get a proper main weapon. After work I will be pn Heroic Strikes and CoO. Seems to be a good place to get extra items.

Drizz, you will eventually get that CoO Eris Morn quest if you want we can grind those Tier 3 events. Regarding my disappearance, yesterday I had a power surge for 20 mins so went to sleep.

oh god I accidently bought 280 light gauntlets. there goes my marks......

I can use them for sure but damn that stings

edit: guys the more you play the higher your light will go, the higher your light the higher light will be on your drops. just keep playing.

Trace

Banned
Welcome back Fatebringer!

11224787_511965272291988_6378598993440188810_o.jpg

RE_Player

The story in this is really giving me confusing feelings. On the one hand the dialogue is really snappy and it is an improvement over the base game. On the other hand I still have no idea what the tone of this universe is supposed to be, character names and why things occurring and characters are so important. Probably overthinking this.

JTripper

So just finished all quests for Petra and Variks except for Petra's bounties, and no quest was given for that exotic boolean whatever scout rifle.

Do I need to finish Petra's bounty quests that requires me to kill 10 Taken majors in the Dreadnaught without dying?

Theres a lot of praise goin around for this expansion, and rightfully so, but I gotta mention a few things I'm not liking atm.

1. Prior to TTK, I would of course get the odd disconnect error from time to time. But since TTK launched I've been getting slammed with error codes. I've had to run multiple missions multiple times from getting disconnected right before completion. It's a noticeable increase of errors. could be coincidence, but I doubt it. The increase of errors is quite noticeable.

2. Prior to TTK most of my zones in patrol mode would have 1 or more guardians in the area with me. Sometimes I would be by myself, but most of the time there were others around. Since the TTK launch, I'd say 50% of the time I'm in an area alone. Normally that isn't an issue at all, but trying to get quests done with low level gear makes it quite difficult, and in some cases, impossible to do solo.

3. Going off the above, the public events where you need to kill 3 lieutenants to spawn a bigger boss is really bothering me. It's taking a while running around these areas to try and find them, and when you're alone, a lot of the times the encounter just ends before you can kill all three of them. I spent way too much time tonight waiting for the taken to corrupt the area only to fail at killing the 3 dudes in time or I was successful, but alone, and failed the boss battle at the end.

Day 1 was really exciting, all the quests and new things to do. I felt like I was always progressing, bit by bit. There were a number of disconnects, but it was still fun. But tonight just felt like a big waste of time. World population felt like 0 most of the time, plenty of disconnects, and frustrating encounters.

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

UGH. The Restorative Mind strike is such a pain with only two people on Heroic. Me and the random had a good strategy, but then he would put the conductor is the spot before we killed all the adds, so it was just mayhem. So close too...

ElRenoRaven

Manipulate RNG and you'll rank up quickly.

For me. I'm up mid 250ish and I have been getting light like candy and I like to take time leveling weapons etc so I've donated tons of light to Dead orbit. So as a result I got a lot of drops. These of course bring the level up and then drops got better. It's a cycle of course. Hence where I am now. Good thing is just got daily done with a friend. That's a huge pain in the ass solo. So now I can't go to bed. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom