• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

[*]I like Armsday. Me gusta. Placed my first order for an Omolon fusion rifle. Come to papa 8)

The Omolon FR4 dropped for me yesterday from an engram. It's a monster. Mine has hand laid stock as well, so that's max stability, close to max impact.
r8bIMN8.png

Not granting 2 or 3 marks anymore for completing a crucible match or strike is a dumb change.

Totally agree with what Hawkian said too, especially the cosmetic item change to them adding to your light.

Absolutely. Ghost shells and class items should definitely have bonuses on them, but in terms of contributed to the light level I'm disappointed with that change (even though my new favorite Cloak is the leaf one that I can infuse to a higher level). It leaves out dozens, if not a hundred or so class items Guardians might prefer wearing for cosmetics. And then there's all these beautiful Ghost Shells we're ignoring because the best ones are all brown and black.

coy

Anyone need to do the daily before reset? I'm a lowly 241 nightstalker. Psn same as gaf. I'm about to launch it and try to solo this mofo but help would be much appreciated
That could've went a bit smoother on my part but thanks for the quick marks!

Finished the Last Word quest. I hope I don't have to use this gun ever again.

But now I have to buy stock in Tex Machina, smh. I hope they use the money to fix their faulty "green light" model.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
After you fully upgrade the nightstalker sublcass, it is honestly better than everything else.

3x Shadowshot + Vanish in smoke + side step <3

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm loving how each strike has variations now. It really makes it alot more bearable.

Its an amazing touch.

My group was ready to blitz Valus as usual. Speeding through the first area was routine - then the first guy hits the "??" as the door is locked and the rest of us show up late to encounter a wall of new enemies lol. Just great stuff. Can't wait to see them all.

DY_nasty

what's the reward? if it's not the devil himself i'm going to abandon it.

The Chaperone. Its an exotic shotgun that should have a T2 animation and it also shoots slugs

I'm only interested in the slug part tbh

Daemul

Alright, I'm currently at 270 light and I've spent 225 marks on perfect rolled vendor chest, gauntlets and the highly recommended Vanguard ghost, and I've gotten perfect rolled helmet and boots from engrams, meaning that the only piece of non-weapon gear I need to buy is a cloak, but I'm not liking the look of any of them tbh, the pink one the speaker is selling especially. Goddman Bungie, give me some good cloaks.

Also, anyone know where you can buy Artifacts? That shit rarely drops.

what's the reward? if it's not the devil himself i'm going to abandon it.

The Chaperone exotic shotgun. Haven't got there myself as the step I'm at requires me to complete a 290 light strike and kill the bosses with a shotgun. I will probably try it tomorrow evening. Luckily I just figured out how to do it so everyone in the team could in theory complete the bounty without running the strike multiple times.

The Chaperone. Its an exotic shotgun that should have a T2 animation and it also shoots slugs

I'm only interested in the slug part tbh

oh my god, the irony. Shaax wants me to use The Last Word - the anti-shotgun weapon that now loses to a shotgun every time - in order to get an exotic Shotgun.

DY_nasty

I think it's that Fresh Troops modifier making it a bit of a tackle.

Its best to just assume that its everyone's first time running anything.

I know my fireteam wiped half a dozen times just trying to get through a hallway in the S.A.B.E.R. fight.

Of course, each of us will deny everything if asked again in a few months.

broony

Has anyone run out of quests yet. I'm curious as to how many there are and if new ones will show up weekly or monthly or if there is a finite amount.

Wallach

I know my fireteam wiped half a dozen times just trying to get through a hallway in the S.A.B.E.R. fight.

Heroic S.A.B.E.R. with Fresh Troops that has Taken at the start is hard as fuck.

colinp

Banned
I'm just one of a couple guardians hoping to get a quick Salvage match in before the reset. Searching for Guardians sure is a good use of Destiny time... Thanks for that Bungie! Good there's no longer a cap on marks. Don't know what I'd do if I managed to get so many.

first time i did that strike, my fireteam spent 10 minutes trying to get out of the hallway before it.

DY_nasty

^Its hilarious because on normal, you don't need to pay any attention at all to the ques in the S.A.B.E.R. boss fight

on Heroic? You BETTER know where the blast shields are because that shit isn't gonna hide behind itself lol
Heroic S.A.B.E.R. with Fresh Troops that has Taken at the start is hard as fuck.

Yeah.... IF you survive the Warsat part (Nightstalker saved many days tonight), the opening to the bunker is just as bad if not worse if there are Taken there. The natural instinct for everyone playing is to NOT go through the door all the way - which is sure to get you fucked/steamrolled/rekt because the Taken Fallen Captains and other various artillery will throw more shit into that tiny hallway than your brain ever thought possible.

silently prayed for a defender titan

DY_nasty

Dude these fucking void balls can go f themselves

You can shoot them.

Usually if you're getting pegged by them a bunch, it just means you have to slow down a bit and keep the game in front of you. Nothing wrong with being patient with Taken Centurions.

Taken Fallen Captains and WIzards though? They need to die immediately.

Two things.

1.) Bungie shouldn't allow anyone 10 under a given activity's recommended light to enter.

2.) I am a fucking idiot.

Just got done grinding through my first heroic strike at 252 light carrying two guys in there 230s on my first run through...the undying mind.

I should have stopped once I saw the first room is like 100+ adds, or once I got to the stairs and saw that it was 20+ majors, or maybe I should have gotten the hint once we got to the boss and noticed that he kept summoning increasingly high ranking vex in larger numbers but noooo. I just had to try only to wipe at the fucker with 1/3 of his health left. THE stupidest strike in the game by far.

Some of these new strikes give me nightmares thinking about them with burns on. They are very good though I must say.

Hm after the new daily and crucible I will have enough to buy another 280 piece. Think I will bite the bullet and do it.

The good part, I finally logged into TTK for the first time, tonight. The bad part, I'm dead tired from a 12 hour excursion. But I did some tower stuff mostly and a little cleanup ready to go. My only Quest that's not PvP is to do a Mars mission I haven't done before from vanilla Destiny (I skipped Mars entirely). Is this really the only thing I can do for now on my way to get the new subclass?

Also, I did the crucible daily and got absolutely nothing! That stinks.

Going to hit the sack early since I can barely keep my eyes open. But can't wait to dive more into it

The new Nexus strike is pretty cool, really really easy to abuse the smoke invisibility with your hunter to carry the relic too as you get reduced cool downs. Will be key for Nightfall.

How are some of you guys 290? Where do I get the good drops, drop rate is slow and I must be doing the wrong activities.
Always wear best light possible. The light of new drops is based off your current light level. I've seen people wearing 299 blues! Also turn in engrams one at a time, if you get something with higher light equip it and turn in next engram.

DY_nasty

How are some of you guys 290? Where do I get the good drops, drop rate is slow and I must be doing the wrong activities.

I crossed the hurdle once I stopped clinging to gear and started treating leveling like Diablo 2 or 3. Remember how things were then in Act 1? When you cherished that blue dagger of zombie killing +2? Yeah - Destiny is like that now.

Infuse what you like, but don't be afraid to just throw on some arc armor pieces even though you're a voidwalker or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom