• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xur was always one of those "exiting for the first few Fridays" when a DLC came out. He made us complete our collections faster. With "smart loot", it makes sense to nerf him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Changes to Xur are discussed...

• EITHER an Exotic Weapon or Exotic Engram each visit
  • Three of Coins to increase Exotic drop chances from bosses (goddamn cool)
  • Y1 Exotic Engram that strongly favors items you don't have yet (also goddamn cool)

Nothing I can see about requiring legendary marks or not offering high tier exotics and no mention of the rest of his inventory, but of course we'll see.
Is the biggest modifier for you guide for *freshly boosted to level 25* players just substituting other activities for the Vanguard Heroic strikes?

If so, what activities would you recommend?
It really is "whatever you want." As long as you're wearing the highest Light you can muster, anything you do has a good chance of allowing you to progress, from Patrol to the lower level strikes, to Crucible.

vctor182

Hunters are complete, Nightstalker is PvE master class, I haven't played with it in crucible since I'm doing an Ikora quest that needs 15 throwing knife kills but should be pretty good for control, rift matches

Tecnniqe

Banned

giphy.gif

OT 31 The King got Xurfed

MechDX

Get legendary chest engram
Get it decrypted
WOOHOO all purple armor!
Decide to spend some motes and level up Dead Orbit
....gives me legendary chest engram.....

Tha fuck is this?

What the heck do you do when you already have your subclasses maxed and you get to the part of the subclass quest that tells you to fully upgrade your subclass? Is this a known bug?

What the heck do you do when you already have your subclasses maxed and you get to the part of the subclass quest that tells you to fully upgrade your subclass? Is this a known bug?

Drop the quest and pick it up at the abandoned quest terminal then wait abkit a minute and it should update.

jaaz

I made the mistake of going into that post on the Gaming side regarding the Kotaku (lol) article on Destiny. I could literally not tell which posts were serious or not. Are that many people STILL upset at Bungie for not making Halo anymore and going multi-platform with Destiny?

I think I'll stay on this side of the pond from now on.

vctor182

Changes to Xur are discussed...

• EITHER an Exotic Weapon or Exotic Engram each visit
  • Three of Coins to increase Exotic drop chances from bosses (goddamn cool)
  • Y1 Exotic Engram that strongly favors items you don't have yet (also goddamn cool)

Nothing I can see about requiring legendary marks or not offering high tier exotics and no mention of the rest of his inventory, but of course we'll see.

It really is "whatever you want." As long as you're wearing the highest Light you can muster, anything you do has a good chance of allowing you to progress, from Patrol to the lower level strikes, to Crucible.

Then this week will be the engram

spyder_ur

I told you something was going to change with Xur. I guess either an exotic weapon or engram will help me - weapon might be even better for when I get around to my alts.

Judging by the phrasing, I am curious if they are going to limit the number of engrams you can buy. I really doubt we'll see an armor engram tomorrow that you can buy repeatedly to decode into year 2 exotics. Again, hope I'm wrong.

BahamutPT

Just noticed that the rightmost perks of Boolean Gemini are "One Way" and "Or Another".
And now I can't the freaking song out of my head!

FinKL

If there's one thing we know for sure, if Xur sells an Exotic Weapon tomorrow, we will see it for the next week on nearly everyone.

I wonder if the Exotic Engram is strictly Year 2's though.

Lothars

I told you something was going to change with Xur. I guess either an exotic weapon or engram will help me - weapon might be even better for when I get around to my alts.

Judging by the phrasing, I am curious if they are going to limit the number of engrams you can buy. I really doubt we'll see an armor engram tomorrow that you can buy repeatedly to decode into year 2 exotics. Again, hope I'm wrong.
I really hope they don't limit but I have issues with the Xur change and they probably will to screw people over.

shenze

Banned
If there's one thing we know for sure, if Xur sells an Exotic Weapon tomorrow, we will see it for the next week on nearly everyone.

I wonder if the Exotic Engram is strictly Year 2's though.
It will probably be strictly year 2 stuff because now he will have the legacy engram which is strictly year 1 stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom