• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm at light level 210. Take it easy ya'll. No one will be left behind. It's normal for people to play at vastly different paces and everyone's schedule is different, but I know DGAF will be around to help no matter where you are on the path.

Juraash

So what's an ideal range for nightfall? My Warlock is....251 and I'm just curious when I should realistically put out a call in the thread to try and run it. With some good luck I'll be at the recommended light tonight or tomorrow anyways. But I'm mostly just curious.

I'm at light level 210. Take it easy ya'll. No one will be left behind. It's normal for people to play at vastly different paces and everyone's schedule is different, but I know DGAF will be around to help no matter where you are on the path.

First days will be hell for not regular people in Dgaf

FiraB

Banned
I'm ready to take Oryx down.

CPIh291WUAEKsn8.jpg:orig

Super Jealous, been going really well content wise and solo'd everything so far including sunless strike and still under 240 :(

RNGeus isn't in my favor unlike HoWs.

Navy Bean

True, but as I sit here at work all week with a crappy Light Level I'd be lying if part of me isn't hoping that Oryx stomps some heads tomorrow lol...

Wasnt the chest glitch just you finding a chest near another area and then going back and forth? I just did this on 2 different chests on mausoleum and it didnt work.

I guess, I rarely get anyone to even acknowledge any of my posts asking for help.

Namikaze1

Yep, you need to just stay in the hopper. Gotta wait that 30 seconds at the end each time as well.

Honest question, is Destiny your job?

My 8 hour work day can't compete with that. :(
Possibly. I should put that on my resume.

Are you streaming tomorrow?
Yep but we won't be going at launch. Probably 90-120 minutes after launch.

trying to wrap my head around how this is possible... its not a dig at you or anything, its just....even if someone is a pro streamer and plays destiny for a living, how can you have gear/light levels like that?

I guess I just don't know how to play efficiently in this new system yet. Crazy. Whatevs, I'll get there eventually, but man, how people have light numbers that high already, I just don't even know...
Most of the stuff I got through engrams. Only bought the chest piece and ghost in that picture. Like I told Zoba, I've been seeing a ton of rare engrams drop for me.

Plus it helps that I have a great community to team up with for several of the high level end-game stuff. I seriously could not soloed Fear's Embrace.

Jinjo

Xur nerf is fine. Since you can buy upgraded year one exotics for marks and we all played the engram gambling when it came to hunting down new exotics. Smart loot actually works, hoping they atleast toned down the chance of getting double exotics a bit.

So any TTK raids with spot open?
Ive seem to have asked all day without any luck.

MutantTurtle and I will be looking for a group as well tomorrow. I am 291 and he is 290. Warlock and Hunter. We are looking to do it right as it opens. Rene will also be looking but I don't know if he can be on when it first pops.

Lee

I guess, I rarely get anyone to even acknowledge any of my posts asking for help.

I see them man :) Just never online when you're posting. I think we're friends already but add Trip Like I Do. I'll be on tomorrow night at 8:00 Mountain Time for a few hours.

FinKL

Wasnt the chest glitch just you finding a chest near another area and then going back and forth? I just did this on 2 different chests on mausoleum and it didnt work.

I think they patched it, as I couldnt get it to work this morning. They took out the chest closest to the Faust-Mausoleum I noticed.

Namikaze1

Do you just keep running heroics to get up to 290+ ?
Do quests. I didn't bother grinding strikes after completing the strikes quests. I did offered to help folks with that quest after completing it myself.

All I did was hand in engrams collected while doing quests and infuse to get to my current level.

Tecnniqe

Banned
MutantTurtle and I will be looking for a group as well tomorrow. I am 291 and he is 290. Warlock and Hunter. We are looking to do it right as it opens. Rene will also be looking but I don't know if he can be on when it first pops.

Sweet, count me in currently 293

Does it start at reset time?

cilonen

Possibly. I should put that on my resume.

Yep but we won't be going at launch. Probably 90-120 minutes after launch.

Most of the stuff I got through engrams. Only bought the chest piece and ghost in that picture. Like I told Zoba, I've been seeing a ton of rare engrams drop for me.

Plus it helps that I have a great community to team up with for several of the high level end-game stuff. I seriously could not soloed Fear's Embrace.

I've levelled up five factions, got a bunch of blue engrams, got a super rare Sublime Engram and I'm light level 230 with a total of 3 legendaries and therefore locked out of running the cool stuff with my buddies.

This is fucking worse than original Destiny.

Jinjo

Dreadnaught is so much fun. There's actually stuff to discover in patrol instead of it being a completely empty world. So cool.

Super Jealous, been going really well content wise and solo'd everything so far including sunless strike and still under 240 :(

RNGeus isn't in my favor unlike HoWs.

Me too. I think I'll do whatever Legendary Marks things and then just run the strike playlist tonight. I'll take a quest break for a bit.

Sweet, count me in currently 293

Does it start at reset time?

I think so? Are we friends on PSN?

DirtyAquaticApe

You can add me if not. My plan is to jump in here and see who still needs a group. GAFers are the best so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Forgot Puma. Will you be ready to go when it launches?

Spoiler this if you think you should but stuck on this part..

the echo is taking a while to down, meantime overwhelmed and them the poison gas etc. Do I need a full fire team for this? any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom