• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OK, so is this for real or is this Year 2's "Speaker Emblems affect your stats and drop rates?"

I did notice the Cryptarch won't let me speed through decryption anymore by rapidly pressing X.
Real. Or rather...it's not that the specific process of equipping between engrams is doing anything special. It's just that at the moment of each decode you're rolling against your current equipped light level, so you want to be as high as possible.

BahamutPT

A few pages back people were talking about high value blue gear... I dropped this one today:

jMb1QqI.jpg

SpecX

How do the swords work? Do you use heavy ammo for each swing or each swing that connects and hits? Ran into a few of them in PvP which destroyed players almost like a blade dancer would.

279 after a few more strikes. Anyone in the 270s worried about being raid ready I honestly don't see how you won't pull it off in a few more hours of play. Engrams are everywhere. Just follow the Golden Hawkian Rule.

Jinjo

How do the swords work? Do you use heavy ammo for each swing or each swing that connects and hits? Ran into a few of them in PvP which destroyed players almost like a blade dancer would.

One ammo charge per swing, doesn't matter if you're swinging air or an enemy.

Zoidberg

Each swing consumes 1 ammo, regardless of whether it connects.

Namikaze1

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Sounsd like just player kills and major/ultra PvE kills with a shotgun, right?

So I'm thinking you mean the gunsmith weapons? Just dismantle them.

Faction is totally personal preference. You might want to look at their inventories and see what appeals to you most. Or read up on their lore if you're into that sort of thing :)
For the shotgun thing, majors don't count. Tried it on the 3 Hive Majors on earth. Didn't count. But if you load up the mission Regicide and make it to the bridge (it's the first encounter in the mission), you'll summon a group of Taken. Amongst them is a single Tortured Knight (an ultra). Killing him will count.

As I mentioned above, it's 6% for every Tortured Knight kill while 3% for every guardian kill. I basically killed the knight 17 times by wiping after each kill to complete it. Don't even bother with the Hive, just rush up to the bridge where the Ascendant Gate is at and pull back after coming close to the gate. Chip his health away from a safe distance and just rush him when close to death.

Kyoufu

I can't get my Hunter into the raid tomorrow because of the Artifact bug.

This is some bullshit. My sodium levels are at maximum capacity.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah I did the NF. Will try and get my other two characters up to par to do them before reset.

Heroic since it's faction quest. ^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For the shotgun thing, majors don't count. Tried it on the 3 Hive Majors on earth. Didn't count. But if you load up the mission Regicide and make it to the bridge (it's the first encounter in the mission), you'll summon a group of Taken. Amongst them is a single Tortured Knight (an ultra). Killing him will count.

As I mentioned above, it's 6% for every Tortured Knight kill while 3% for every guardian kill. I basically killed the knight 17 times by wiping after each kill to complete it. Don't even bother with the Hive, just rush up to the bridge where the Ascendant Gate is at and pull back after coming close to the gate. Chip his health away from a safe distance and just rush him when close to death.
Interesting. Nice protip, thanks!

I also heard an interesting tidbit from Subtervision in a strike just now:

When you buy a Year 2 exotic for marks, you're effectively "unlocking" it like the Year 1 strikes are. If you want any more, it just costs glimmer/an exotic shard. Not a big deal with the ease of use of the vault apps these days but kinda cool for people like me who do still like to keep a few dupe exotics around. :)

neoism

ok seriously guys what the fuck is up with the crucible quest rewards?????

i just did the one where you win 4 games in the daily playlist and i got a level 10 rocket laucnher.....

seriously wtf.... im Llv 250 now this is redicuilous all that for 1 weapon part...

also where the fuck is the weekly cruicble quests??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom