• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ooo, that guide will be good for me.
Only halfway through the story but I've gained light this afternoon from patrol on Earth, a level 20 Strike, and my daily Rift match. Shit works!
Holy shit Vertigo is an awful map
I actually kind of like it for Rift. I gotta get used to the jump distances though. I think Vertigo so far is right in the middle of my ranking of the new maps

78% on the TLW quest. I have reached a mental state where I have transcended all human emotions

nxMBqb4.gif

Hearing stuff like this makes me glad I don't have TLW...

if you don't i'm pretty sure the quest gives you one.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
13 strange coins from the Nightfall, lmao

keep doing you, Destiny

At least the quest reward for the NF gives a 300 attack shotgun or FR, and the shotgun seems good, and is the highest light gear I have so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spent a hot second deciding what to do for dinner... delivery. Can't be trifling with cooking tonight when there's game to be played.
Thanks for nothing Bungie. Completed the nightfall and only got some legendary boots that are worse than the ones I have
If they're higher light than those on one of your alts, give it to them to infuse at least.

X-Frame

Spent tons of heavy ammo synths to increase my dead orbit rep. Got ravenant, bittersteel and an omolon scout rifle with hand laid stock and firefly.

I have the same scout rifle. Mine also has Hand-Laid Stock and Firefly, haha. The 1st perk if Triple Tap which is amazing with it's 12 round mag. It's probably my favorite weapon ever.

the quests to unlock shaxx's bounties are literally like 150 games worth of stuff. pretty crazy. i think that should unlock the bounties for all your characters. there's no way i'm doing that more than once.

Spent all day today running strikes on my titan, after about 6 hours with a break in between I went from 250 light to 285. That's purely just from drops in strikes and engrams decoded. If I run another 4 hours tonight I should probably hit 290.

So that gives an idea of how long it'll take with no extra rep benefits or anything. Hardest items to get drops on seem to be ghost and artifact, both of mine are still in the 265 range.

This is from just chain running vanguard 36 strike list, I tried not to quit any since you get more engrams/drops allegedly if you chain run - you do get a buff on your char screen after the first one, but nothing else visible.

JTripper

Anyone over 260 wanna do the Fear's Embrace story quest on PS4?

I'm light 283 with a 260 teammate and looking for one more player.

PSN: JxOxHxNxSxOxN

MrDaravon

I think maybe the most depressing part of the TLW at the end of the day after 6+ hours of grinding it out is that every time I unequip it and use anything else I am an unstoppable monster. TLW really sucks now :(

Got my Hunter to 280. Nothing wortwhile from the NF except the Darkblade helment AGAINT...smart loot lol

So my Warlock is 292. I have 160 marks. Everything is 295+ except my ghost and bond. My ghost is 272. Should I just finally spend the marks on the 280 ghost? All the exotic armor and weapons at the kisoks are 280.

Edit: Got the ghost. Will use it on my Titan when I work on him.

Wallach

If you don't like farming Wormspore you need a Vanguard ghost shell in your life. I "farmed" over 200 yesterday without stopping to collect a single one.

Kyoufu

I think maybe the most depressing part of the TLW at the end of the day after 6+ hours of grinding it out is that every time I unequip it and use anything else I am an unstoppable monster. TLW really sucks now :(

You realise you're an unstoppable monster the minute you start the Shotgun step of the quest in Crucible. I got 100% with Shotguns in 3 games. It's crazy that Shotguns are still OP.

void666

Banned
I have the same scout rifle. Mine also has Hand-Laid Stock and Firefly, haha. The 1st perk if Triple Tap which is amazing with it's 12 round mag. It's probably my favorite weapon ever.

That's even better. Mine unfortunately has life support as the first perk. Triple tap would've been perfect.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Maybe I've misunderstood something, but weren't we supposed to able to earn unlimited Legendary Marks by doing Vanguard Heroic Strikes?

First 3 TTK missions done. Pretty fun but fairly easy. Most drops were < 170 light so insta dismantle but I got 175 boots and a couple 172 sniper/fusion so greens so that's fun.

I love the new/updated sounds so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom