• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. hate not knowing things. if he comes with just one item, im going to be very disappointed. I havnt felt this under powered in a looong time. lookin forward to getting powered up again.
Man you don't even need to do strikes, all you need to level up is engrams. Just follow the tried and true method of doing them one at a time and equipping the highest light level every time (like if you just got something sweet, equip it for the next engram decode) and you'll gain a steady 3 or 4 light after every activity.

It's kind of amazing. There's absolutely no cap or barrier to entry. You can walk into the raid tomorrow in all blues. I know I probably will be.

Here's the thing though. You can probably get into the raid in blues but I am 100% sure that you will need the MECHANICS and FLEXIBILITY of legendaries to actually beat it.

It's remarkable how smooth they've made the climb. And how fun and exciting and diverse every step of it is.

I remember one of the story missions had some cursed thralls at the end when fighting the taken

also the ogre rune boss in court of oryx

I can't seem to punch those guys to death and have it count toward the bounty...

Edit: does anyone want to do court of Oryx? I'd really like to finish it.

rNilla

• Note on decrypting engrams: if you're decrypting a stack of engrams, look at each new item you get and if it is an upgrade, equip it before decrypting your next engram.

OK, so is this for real or is this Year 2's "Speaker Emblems affect your stats and drop rates?"

I did notice the Cryptarch won't let me speed through decryption anymore by rapidly pressing X.

Renta

Banned
OK, so is this for real or is this Year 2's "Speaker Emblems affect your stats and drop rates?"

I did notice the Cryptarch won't let me speed through decryption anymore by rapidly pressing X.

This is for real. The higher your light, the higher light of gear that drops for you

its a fact. its the way the leveling system works, get incremental gains . its level 20-24 grind all over again.

Madness

Should I dismantle these supposed test weapons? I mean I'm only a low level and it says level 38 required. Cannot store them in vault, they're just taking up space? I don't know why they'd even allow people to acquire them if you are brand new to the game and a low level.

Zoidberg

Welp, couldn't solo Irxori in Skywatch. That guy is an absolute huge bastard. I'm 279 Light too.

Ghorn still does really well for these guys, I've soloed all the earth ones with it.

Also the artifact grind is painful. All other gear is nearing 280+ and my artifact is 255.

Namikaze1

The last word quest done, sorry to everyone in party chat. I got very angry...

Never again!
Out of all the quests, I hated this one the most. You saw the vid I posted earlier in the day of when I completed it? I got so pissed off. I took my anger out on the enemy team. Went on a 17 killstreak before being stopped. By then, I had went from 43% to finally completing it.

phen0m24

Ghorn still does really well for these guys, I've soloed all the earth ones with it.

Also the artifact grind is painful. All other gear is nearing 280+ and my artifact is 255.

Beast mode activated

Got the CE and the stuff is really nice. I think Josh wants the patch for his book bag :)

void666

Banned
Spent tons of heavy ammo synths to increase my dead orbit rep. Got ravenant, bittersteel and an omolon scout rifle with hand laid stock and firefly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Use a Shotgun to defeat Guardians in the Crucible and high-level minions of the Darkness
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Sounsd like just player kills and major/ultra PvE kills with a shotgun, right?
Asked in the other thread as well but I'm still new and at like level 5, I got all these weapons that were available to acquire for free, but they're all like level 38 required, 200 attack. Since I'm nowhere close, what do I do? I can't store them in the vault for some reason and they're taking up a lot of the gun space. Should I dismantle them or no?

Also, which faction is best to join early on?
So I'm thinking you mean the gunsmith weapons? Just dismantle them.

Faction is totally personal preference. You might want to look at their inventories and see what appeals to you most. Or read up on their lore if you're into that sort of thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom