• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Wait there's subclass emblems?

There is. Game is supposed to give you one along with subclass themed class item when completing quest(s) given by class representative. Apparently system is fucked and doesn't give out emblems before 15th, and if you do quests now you will miss out on them for good.

Or reroll class.

I missed out on sunsinger emblem.
9PrxQR4.jpg
zAHe3ta.jpg

Edit: I think it's BS that Bungie basically says "Deal with it" and won't give emblems to those doing quests now

todd360

You ARE the mythocast! And you did the logo yourself unless I'm remembering wrong?

Ohhhhh. I did make the logo. I should probably fix it up a bit at some point.

Maybe we can do a podcast episode this weekend. I'll have to see if fig and nami are up for it.

noomi

so how the hell are you supposed to get inside ward kills, eh?

melee and nades don't seem to actually work....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Amazing OT Hawk! Still working my way through it but it looks great. Just finished a Skolas but still up for another with future Mrs Atticus. Any idea what time?

I can do another few runs tonight depending on how many first timers are around.
Thank you! :D

I'm unfortunately offline for ~50 minutes but then ready to go if Mrs-Atticus-to-Be is around. I'm actually not sure if I ever got a FR from her, oddly... did you?
Ohhhhh. I did make the logo. I should probably fix it up a bit at some point.

Maybe we can do a podcast episode this weekend. I'll have to see if fig and nami are up for it.
I'm in! Maybe Friday?

I never got any kills inside the Ward to count. Melee didnt do jack either. I put on the Armamentarium, maxed Disc and just Naded on "Woken the Hive". Die and repeat.

Deadstar

Anyone delete emblems that they can no longer get? I had the field of light emblem that I got somehow and it's nowhere to be found in the list of emblems.

Tovarisc

We are supposed to get emblems for those quests? Fuck.

Worst case I even miss out on Dead Orbit exotic item because I have their quest WIP atm. I already missed out on sunsinger emblem thanks to this "feature" in quest system and Bungie being "Deal with it".

rNilla

The shotgun sniping is the only thing that really bothers me about PVP (besides my own lack of skill). Insta-dead with no way to counter.

Thank you! :D

I'm unfortunately offline for ~50 minutes but then ready to go if Mrs-Atticus-to-Be is around. I'm actually not sure if I ever got a FR from her, oddly... did you?

Yeah I did. 50 minutes works for me so I'll send her a message to check. I'm available all night so we've got plenty of time.

Am_I_Evil

had my plat pop last night upon login
Destiny_Plat.jpg

Only needed the max crucible points and that changed to level 1 crucible with the patch

Worst case I even miss out on Dead Orbit exotic item because I have their quest WIP atm. I already missed out on sunsinger emblem thanks to this "feature" in quest system and Bungie being "Deal with it".

Is it a bug? Or were they expecting us to not complete quests until the 15th...

noomi

Hmm? Melee ablility and nades do work. I just did it :p

It does work. I did it last night.

I killed a bunch of baddies inside my ward with melee/grenades and it only counts 1 after killing 10+

I never got any kills inside the Ward to count. Melee didnt do jack either. I put on the Armamentarium, maxed Disc and just Naded on "Woken the Hive". Die and repeat.

I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

Tovarisc

Is it a bug? Or were they expecting us to not complete quests until the 15th...

They apparently didn't expect people to pick up and do TTK stuff before 15th. Notes even specifically say that they aren't giving out missed rewards retroactively, so if you do now you are fucking yourself over and missing out on items.

Yeah, as someone who relies a lot on shotty in PvE, this hits *hard*. You can feel it, and it hurts.

I get why they did it but it's so hard to go backwards once we got used to the greatness. Even so I think they pulled back too hard. I thought it was supposed to be ~10% nerf then I read the patch notes ;_;

The problem now is that they're still way better than fusions so people will keep using them. Bungie will check the usage stats and think there's no reason to adjust them back up. It'll really depend on what the new TTK shotguns and fusions are like. The fusion I tested with the Gunsmith seemed pretty "meh."

I thought this was no longer a thing, with the Mercy rule now being in effect?

The way she worded it could just mean spawning in a game where the score is 10000vs9950 technically :p . But what she actually means is spawning in matches where your team already is already ~4000 points down. A big difference but not enough for mercy.

Here's how I did it, and it's super easy.

Use your void grenade (the one that pours out light)

Go to fist of crota mission

saint 14 and get weapons of light clicked on for your bubble.

Use juju to get super up nice and fast at the big bunch of mobs in front. Then go kill sword dude.

Just past him a small bunch of thrall will rush you as you approach the next room. go past them. a second team joins in a few seconds. Let them swarm you, pop the bubble, drop the grenade in the middle.

Took me six runs of this to get the 50.

Arrrammis

I'd don't think it's spoilers, but anyways:
Siege of the Warmind:
at the spot where groups of 6 thralls run down the stairs the door at the end of the hallway opened!not much there, but if you go to the very end it pops with a new area - War Bunker 4.

noomi

Theres subclass quest emblems... And we missed out on them.... And Bungie wont give them to us once once TTK hits.....

Nah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom