• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

You guys are the best.

OH HELL YES! TOP OF PAGE!

giphy.gif

Also, favorite memories from year one:

1. Doing HM Crota with a group of AWESOME DGAFFERS and it was my first or second time running sword and I got Crota down to about...3 quarters of the health. Everyone was like, "Nice job Edge! Oh...shit." Crota, after I had struck him and was running back to get inside, CHASED ME and killed me with a sword swipe. Everyone was so surprised and had never seen that before. We were all laughing, and I really want to see what it all looked like. :D

2. Doing the Flawless VoG HM. That was awesome, and by far the most gratifying thig I've ever done in a game and it couldn't have been done without you guys. So much fun, and so intense. It was like my 6th time doing HM so I was scared to hell.

3. Playing with Kojirospath! Dude youre the best man. So glad we decided to play that one day. Playing with you was always fun and hilarious. Also, your buddies are great! If you ever need anything man, I gotchu!

Seriously though guys. You were the best. You really do mean a lot. I was debating on whether or not to get TTK on XBONE or PS4, and I decided on PS4 because of you guys. I have a whole bunch of friends on XBONE and a handful on PS4 but you guys were the deciding vote!

:D

Tovarisc

where is there confirmation that we can't get the emblem?

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/152554085/0/0

Subclass quest is Vanguard quest and Vanguard is one of the factions. I also have Dead Orbit quest in my log, still WIP, and I'm afraid that I will miss out on that exotic item too now.

Don't think this is accurate

I have done sunsinger quest. Quest kiosk doesn't have sunsinger quest available for redo.

The Last Word is more useable if you auto fire from the hip than ads now. Fan firing from the hip works surprisingly well at mid range. That's going to take some getting used to.

I refuse to let it die.

It's definitely a lot tougher to use now but I can't stand the feel of ARs and not much a fan of PR or scouts. Nerfs be damned, you'll have to pry The Last Word out of my cold dead hands.
May give the Jewel a shot. Also Bad Juju has been awesome for a long time. Ask my Warlock, it didn't even need 2.0

Don't think this is accurate

You're gonna have to elaborate if you know something we don't :)

But my expectation for a kiosk called abandoned quests is that it will only show quests you haven't finished. Am I wrong? Would be great if I am and people can somehow redo it for their emblems.

You don't turn them in at all, when you filled the test requirement you automatically got the rep. You can now either keep using the weapon or dismantle it. You won't get it back after dismantle btw.

Wait, you don't turn them in again the next wednesday? How does the legendary weapon thing work from the gunsmith? Just based on rep?

Magik

Good lord these randoms are awful. I got paired with a group of 3 that went a collective 6-35.

Are you kidding me?

The Last Word is more useable if you auto fire from the hip than ads now. Fan firing from the hip works surprisingly well at mid range. That's going to take some getting used to.

I refuse to let it die.

Imo it's dead. The range is super small now and you have to use soft ballistics to have a chance in terms of range and stability, but this leaves you doing the same damage roughly as before the patch while ads and using Agg Balls. The increased accuracy while hipfiring is also a lie. Hipfire was perfect before, challenging but rewarding and not overpowered. All they needed to do was fix the ads glitch but instead they nerfed all the necessary perks and made it take an extra shot to kill while making it more difficult to do so.

Zoidberg

Major content patch released a week before content should really be used and stuff breaks.

tumblr_lpqep2T6zB1qg48w4.gif

I thought it was odd I didn't get the defender emblem last night. Good thing I have a backup titan!

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."

Subclass quest is Vanguard quest and Vanguard is one of the factions. I also have Dead Orbit quest in my log, still WIP, and I'm afraid that I will miss out on that exotic item too now.

I have done sunsinger quest. Quest kiosk doesn't have sunsinger quest available for redo.

holy shit..

i am fucking fuming at this now.

I'm not really that concerned about getting the emblem, since I probably would never use it. However the completionist part of me is slightly annoyed.

Agent

Just played Sector 618 for the first time. My reaction:

WIl255E.jpg

Overall, I have a strange feeling so far about all these changes. I'm reserving final comment until TTK drops, but I'm not overly feeling things yet. I think it's a combo of not playing in a month so everything is just off, or maybe I'm just over Destiny at this point. I've been playing BF4, GTA5, and played the CODBO3 beta in the time off and didn't miss Destiny at all. For the first time in 5+ years I might actually buy a COD game.

I think once I get used to everything I'll be hooked, but it is a bit of a bummer to have some of your favorite guns nerfed to hell and back. I hope the new stuff is worth it.

I just saw the news about the subclass emblems, it's rather stupid they'd think nobody would complete something they highlight for you to investigate upon starting up the game. It sucks that I'll lose the Striker, Defender, and Sunsinger emblems. I have a WIP Dead Orbit quest as well, I hope that isn't screwed up. The "Deal with it" response from Bungie doesn't help smooth things over either.

What level are you at with dead orbit that you were able to get a quest? and did you have to buy allegiance first to get it?

Namikaze1

Wait. What exotic item?

Tovarisc

Major content patch released a week before content should really be used and stuff breaks.

At some point Bungie decided that enabling quests X, Y and Z for pre-15th period is okey, but apparently they failed or didn't bother to see if said quests can actually be completed with full rewards. After all they have full power let us and prevent us from doing 2.0 content pre-15th.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

You're gonna have to elaborate if you know something we don't :)

But my expectation for a kiosk called abandoned quests is that it will only show quests you haven't finished. Am I wrong? Would be great if I am and people can somehow redo it for their emblems.
I thought you guys were talking about story missions 😰

ok so just so we're clear the Faction quests are the ones to avoid?

fuck it

I'm just going to hold off on all quests for now

What level are you at with dead orbit that you were able to get a quest? and did you have to buy allegiance first to get it?

I read about it online after I got home from work today and went and checked it out. I was rank 28 with Dead Orbit and bought allegiance. It popped up right after that.

Tovarisc

I'm 30 something, apparently you need 25 for quest to trigger. I had to accept allegiance first.

Wait. What exotic item?

Quest rewards me with armor upgrade and it has exotics yellow background.

Spoiler on item:
Exotic dead orbit class item that can be used along with normal exotic armor

Edit:
ok so just so we're clear the Faction quests are the ones to avoid?

Anything Vanguard [even your class], DO, FWC, NM etc. related is to be avoided like cancer, yes.

Namikaze1

I'm 30 something, apparently you need 25 for quest to trigger. I had to accept allegiance first.

Quest rewards me with armor upgrade and it's exotics yellow background.

Spoiler on item:
Oh okay. Heard you don't get the faction quests till rank 25. I'm safe on that then.

Out 1

finally caved in and pre-ordered TTK (CE), despite being angry with the 'new' pvp meta. hopefully they'll fix TLW with the Year 2 version... still can't believe what they did to it.

Quest rewards me with armor upgrade and it has exotics yellow background.

Spoiler on item:

Edit:

Anything Vanguard [even your class], DO, FWC, NM etc. related is to be avoided like cancer, yes.

Very interesting.

I forget how this works in the new system. Now that you have allegiance with DO, how do you get rep for them, and what rep don't you get as a result? (i.e. is it like before where you don't get vanguard but will instead get DO?)

I am only level 19 edged to hit 20 with them.

Juraash

So...umm, I know I'm like really, really late to the party on this, but Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind as a Voidlock might be the greatest combo I've used in this game. And while I didn't used Juju much, it feels better after 2.0. I'm liking it a lot.

Zoidberg

At some point Bungie decided that enabling quests X, Y and Z for pre-15th period is okey, but apparently they failed or didn't bother to see if said quests can actually be completed with full rewards. After all they have full power let us and prevent us from doing 2.0 content pre-15th.

I'm more surprised there's no system in place to retroactively reward the emblem. It can't be that hard to check your quest completion and flag the emblem on the kiosk. I suppose it depends on how they've setup the kiosks in the back end, but if it can't do that sort of shit then they goofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom