• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Lots of new details on the Red Bull Quest

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331746950341/red-bull-quest-reveal

It's basically just a quest line with Amanda Holliday where you play through the new strikes and do some Crucible. Not much to it.

Rewards:

Y'know, all the 'new' Ghost Shells seem to just be palette swaps. This one, the Joyride Shell, is simply using the old Frontier Shell skin but it's blue. The only Ghost Shells that uses an actually new shell design are the Competitive Shell , and the Purple Spine Shell which appear to actually re-use the Intrusion Shell polys from Year 1.

It's great that the Ghosts actually contribute something to your stats now, but what about all the others? http://destinydb.com/items#type:4023194814 Kingslayer Shell looks pretty dope tho

Deku Tree

Lots of new details on the Red Bull Quest

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331746950341/red-bull-quest-reveal

It's basically just a quest line with Amanda Holliday where you play through the new strikes and do some Crucible. Not much to it.

Rewards:

Yeah its just a series of challenge modes involving the existing content... Not sure that we could have expected more... The final reward sounds really good though: a
fast version of the tumbler trick sparrow.
. Please tell me that it's
top speed is as fast as the other fast sparrows in the game!
. Otherwise I'm not using it just like the other one.

lt519

Good luck with that. Nobody has ever responded to me. Despite submitting various claims

Yeah, disappointing I bought 4 for friends and only 2 worked. I ended up buying one off eBay for $1 that wasn't even a Redbull code it was a straight up Bungie code. I can give anyone that guys eBay username if they want one.

TheOddOne

I’ve been playing Crucible 2.0 for two days and suffice to say it’s not for me (hopefully that changes in the future). The two things that stick out for me is movement and the new weapon economy. I’m probably just hallucinating this, but the movement seems to have been slowed down. It feels like I’m going through molasses. The new weapon economy for most part is cool, but I’m not fond of the rise of pulse rifles. Some balance between different types of weapons would have been better.

The new maps are fine for most part and like their layouts, but the spawning on them is just awful. And that is on top of the awful spawning Destiny had before the patch. I’m not sure about the vertically aspect of some of the maps, because the promote over aggressive close quarters confrontations (Hello, Mr. Shotgun runner).

The new weapons at the Gunsmith are fine, I tested out both snipers and both feel the same. Hopefully that isn’t an indication of the new snipers coming with TTK.

It's something to do with guaranteed items so I'm happy about it! I didn't buy all those red bulls for me and my friends for nothing.

Good point. I'm just not a fan of timed stuff as a gameplay mechanic in any game. The good and the bad is they're trying a lot of stuff it seems.

Geist-

Trade it in to soften the cost of a new one. I wish there was a new color out so I could have a fresh controller for TTK, when's that red one coming out?
Out of curiosity, who accepts broken controllers? I have a XB1 controller where my left stick is constantly pushing up that I'd like to put towards a new XB1 Elite controller.

Deku Tree

I’ve been playing Crucible 2.0 for two days and suffice to say it’s not for me (hopefully that changes in the future). The two things that stick out for me is movement and the new weapon economy. I’m probably just hallucinating this, but the movement seems to have been slowed down. It feels like I’m going through molasses. The new weapon economy for most part is cool, but I’m not fond of the rise of pulse rifles. Some balance between different types of weapons would have been better.

The new maps are fine for most part and like their layouts, but the spawning on them is just awful. And that is on top of the awful spawning Destiny had before the patch. I’m not sure about the vertically aspect of some of the maps, because the promote over aggressive close quarters confrontations (Hello, Mr. Shotgun runner).

The new weapons at the Gunsmith are fine, I tested out both snipers and both feel the same. Hopefully that isn’t an indication of the new snipers coming with TTK.

There is a whole gaming side topic a out this now

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1110617

E92 M3

I've said it before and will say it again: Bungie doesn't get enough credit for having night time versions of maps. It's one of my favorite things in the game.

Lee

Out of curiosity, who accepts broken controllers? I have a XB1 controller where my left stick is constantly pushing up that I'd like to put towards a new XB1 Elite controller.

Depends on how strong your morals are and how obviously broken it is.

Axoman

Will Taken King activities show recommended Light Level in the director?

I hope so, as if you are currently doing an activity at the required level, but don't have enough light, you're screwed.

Actual character level appears to purely be a limiter for equipping items.

Juraash

Things I hope we see going forward: A way to ascend/infuse any Ghost shell to max levels regardless of what year it came from.

Also add all our rep back to the applicable tab. I liked being able to see all of them even if I hadn't worked on them in a while.

Contact support with proof of purchase (like a picture of the can) and you'll get a new code.

Any personal experience on the turn around on this? I'm sure they are swamped but I'm going on a week and a half now. My guess is it'll be useless by the time they get to me.

Good luck with that. Nobody has ever responded to me. Despite submitting various claims

Same here :( . I understand that they're likely swamped, but it seems odd how this whole thing has been handled.

Will Taken King activities show recommended Light Level in the director?

I hope so, as if you are currently doing an activity at the required level, but don't have enough light, you're screwed.

Actual character level appears to purely be a limiter for equipping items.
They already show recommended light level for the harder levels.

I started a new character and so far it's at lvl 22.

Yet somehow I can still do the 30 Weekly for strange coins.

I'm having a feeling that level doesn't matter at all anymore, and it's just light level

Anyone for Crota HM? I need that crux...

I'm about to jump on to do some bounties and other minor things, so I'm available for it. I need the mats anyway for some weapons and see what the fuss is with the new BH.

So, c'mon, who wants to spank the son of Oryx?

1. Hzoltan69
2. ArkkAngel007

Edit: Are the 3 DEF class items/ghost shells the intention or no? Seems odd too that the CE Ghost has an intellect increase to itself iirc, but it has no stats itself for that to affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom