• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Only interested in doing 1 match of Mayhem just to unlock the grimoire card and then it's back to MGS. Need to beat it before Tuesday.

Afrocious

Is there a video or anything that talks about reasons for people who stopped playing to come back to The Taken King? I am still on the fence with this damn game.

I'm actually considering making a write up of my thoughts as someone who returned after quitting Vanilla Destiny.

The Gunsmith field test requiring Sniping in Crucible was the most difficult field test bounty to complete... granted that I am not a sniper

I'm still struggling with that one. I'm at around 50% or so. In most other shooters, I'm a pretty decent sniper, but I can't seem to grasp the use of the guns in Crucible.

Official.
It's going to be a cluster fuck.

Rejoin again once there's space. Deku and The Gaffer Formerly Known As Narmer got the 2 dead ghosts.
d3Os2lG.gif

Arrrammis

Does anyone know if the demo version of Destiny got the 2.0 update? If it did, that would be a great way for people who sold the game to test the waters again and see if they want to buy it again.

Namikaze1

I regret playing Destiny this week. MGSV is so good.
I still haven't completed Chapter 1. On mission 21. Most of my time has been spent idling in the ACC waiting for upgrades to finish development or for my troops to complete their missions I'm sending them on.

And Side Ops. I do all the Side Ops. Completed all the ones I have unlocked.

Homeboyd

I was chatting with Homeboyd earlier and he asked if I checked out Xur.

I said, yeah, I'm getting the Nighthawk because I didn't have it.

He said, no, Xur is selling Hype. I looked again, and he was right.
TTK Y'ALL

HYPE. Make sure your neighbors, friends and family have bought into the hype. Sell them copies. Conco's need larger homes etc etc

Xeroblade

I'm actually considering making a write up of my thoughts as someone who returned after quitting Vanilla Destiny.

This would be much appreciated. I feel like im so behind but i loved the gameplay of Destiny and I have only read the changes and they do sound promising but i forgot why vanilla was so bad in the first place.

Does anyone know if the demo version of Destiny got the 2.0 update? If it did, that would be a great way for people who sold the game to test the waters again and see if they want to buy it again.

I would assume it would have updated with the game. being its the same game with just locked content isnt it?

neoism

so guys hearing about the pitiful phyiscal disc... i was wondering has anyone preordered on psn but had the og disc before... would i have to dl anything except the digital lock key? i wouldnt need the disc anymore right?... i was gonna get phyiscal but the hell with it we cant even play until 5am anyway... this way i dont have to go out at midnight and come back and just wait lol...

so guys hearing about the pitiful phyiscal disc... i was wondering has anyone preordered on psn but had the og disc before... would i have to dl anything except the digital lock key? i wouldnt need the disc anymore right?... i was gonna get phyiscal but the hell with it we cant even play until 5am anyway... this way i dont have to go out at midnight and come back and just wait lol...

Not sure what you're asking, but.

I had the Original Destiny on disc, decided to go all digital for TTK.
Had to uninstall the disc version, and download everything.

MoogPaul

I did this the other day. I could have done things wrong, but i had to delete my disc content from the system and download everything again. Patch included.

if we can seriously get enough people for this i'm up for it on ps4

Defender + sup grenade + gift of the void + armor of light + untouchable

saint 14 not required but strongly suggested
You can stack bubble buffs, so having two armor, two blessing, and two weapons might be the way to go.

I still haven't completed Chapter 1. On mission 21. Most of my time has been spent idling in the ACC waiting for upgrades to finish development or for my troops to complete their missions I'm sending them on.

And Side Ops. I do all the Side Ops. Completed all the ones I have unlocked.

just keep running the missions. unless you hit a gear wall, like I did with one of the
Skulls missions
never spent anytime making machine guns and what not.

finished the game without ever getting a silenced sniper rifle. :(

Juraash

So I played about 4-5 hours of Crucible last night, mostly to do the gunsmith stuff. Hopefully you don't mind the ramblings (impressions) of a pvp scrub.

The new maps so far have been pretty fun. I even sort of liked that Sector...681 or whatever, the inside the wall one. I certainly prefer most of the new maps as control as oppose to...whatever the faux CTF mode is called.

I still got bodied by shotguns regularly even from ranges I thought I'd be able to engage at.

Saw like 1 Thorn all night. Saw a good amount of Hardlight and Necros though.

Fusion Rifles seem decently viable. I was getting kill numbers while doing the bounty and continued to mess with fusions after.

TLW still puts in good work, for me at least. I'm pretty shit and I didn't even realize aiming down sights with it was so potent pre-patch. So as someone who used it almost exclusively hip fire, I felt almost no difference. I actually had my best games with it last night including a streek long enough to run out of primary. That last point probably isn't very impressive since the streek was only 7 or 8 people and I'm a terrible shot, but still.

The sniper rifle from the Smith seemed fine. It took me a couple hours to get those kills but that's more my lack of skill than the gun seeming to be garbage.

So in summation: new maps were fun, at least in certain game modes, gunsmith bounties were fun and not agonizing to complete, shotguns really don't seem that nerfed, way less Thorn and TLW is still quite capable as a hip fire weapon.

What do you do with full auto when you switch to a special ammo fusion rifle?
I have it set so I just hold down R2 and it will continue to fire the weapon. If you just press once, it fires once. So I can use it to full auto MIDA, while keeping sniping etc like normal

Edit: There's also a setting to get all weapons to continuously fire until the button is held down, which is...not so helpful

Deku Tree

But that wouldn't work if you were using a fusion rifle, or a HMG.
Oh I get what you mean now. Hmmm, I'll have to see how that works. I'm guessing it would just keep burst charging the fusion and getting you nowhere fast :p It really slowed down auto rifles so I guess its all dependent on your weapons of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom