• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Bubble train fell apart, but was hilarious while it lasted

I think I saw like two bladedancers, most hunters seem to be rolling golden gun

Mockerre

Hey guys!

Anyone wanna help me get the Moments of Triumph achievement? I practically only need to to both raids and prison of elders on hard.... problem is, I don't have friends who play Destiny, and I can't do it alone ;)

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
The gunslinger was pretty easy to do, took me maybe 30min.

The titan and warlock ones though, DEAR GOD!

yeah Hunter seems way easier, just kill majors, you can even do that with randoms.

celestial nighthawk makes it even easier, get a major down and proc, and you don't even need to worry for omnigul, kinda the same with blade dancer, just whittle and hope randoms don't get the kill first, but still pretty easy.

the 7 orb thing sounds nightmarish

Acidote

It's really not that difficult, you get sweet class items, and it teaches randoms to think about team work and creating orbs. Win-win imo

I don't think it's a good design. It forces you to set up a fireteam with two friends losing their time helping you or you are wasting 2 random people time trying to do it by yourself.

Afrocious

We'll see who was the last laugh huehuehehuehu. *readies bow*

Seriously though, can't wait to mess fools up with the golden hammer.

mfw I roleplay Storm from Xmen and fry Hunters

image.php

Everyone only thinks about supers, don't forget is also grenade and melee, which for Nightstalkers means grenades and smoke

nightstalkers confirmed for smoke and mirrors

Trace

Banned
Hey guys!

Anyone wanna help me get the Moments of Triumph achievement? I practically only need to to both raids and prison of elders on hard.... problem is, I don't have friends who play Destiny, and I can't do it alone ;)

Aren't the raids more difficult this week with the changes?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone else notice on the app that there are progress bars under some of the exotic weapons and armour?

I equipped my Lucky Raspberry and used 15 motes of light and the progress bar went up but the light level didn't change.

What are those progress bars for? Have they always been there and I'm only just now seeing them?

FyreWulff

Anyone else notice on the app that there are progress bars under some of the exotic weapons and armour?

I equipped my Lucky Raspberry and used 15 motes of light and the progress bar went up but the light level didn't change.

What are those progress bars for? Have they always been there and I'm only just now seeing them?

they've always been there

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

VoG gatekeepers were more difficult. The rest seemed about the same. But I'm so used to being able to solo the gatekeepers with the Ghalli.
Didn't work. Mars required two of us.

4 rockets to kill the Gatekeeper on Mars.

Afrocious

Hey guys!

I can help if you're up to it 2-3 hours from now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
7 orbs, in a single stirke, 3 times?

Like what?

I don't think it's a good design. It forces you to set up a fireteam with two friends losing their time helping you or you are wasting 2 random people time trying to do it by yourself.
Use undying mind. Randoms or not it's a cake walk.

Edit; I've done it with randoms and with friends. Undying mind gives you ample opportunity to generate enough orbs/kill enough majors and it encourages orb generation mechanics and super cycling for a fire team. It's a good idea.

More difficult how? The Int/Dis/Str nerfs are really annoying since your abilities charge a lot slower but otherwise not much different. Obviously Horn and shotty nerfs are very noticeable as well.

They also screwed w VoG which makes it more annoying but not really more difficult.

ocean

Banned
It's not something which will happen naturally. You kind of have to look for the opportunity to make it happen. But that's the whole point, otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge. It's tricky enough to not be something you'll do without noticing but not hard enough that you can get frustrated.

Undying mind steps, weaken 2 bunched up Minotaurs, 7 orbs. One more time, 7 orbs. Boss room majors spawn by the half dozen, you can get your third and final one there.

This quest provided a good lesson to casual players that 1. Orb generation is important and 2. You're not supposed to "save" your super, but rather use it throughout the strike and particularly against Majors

LTWood12

More difficult how? The Int/Dis/Str nerfs are really annoying since your abilities charge a lot slower but otherwise not much different. Obviously Horn and shotty nerfs are very noticeable as well.

They also screwed w VoG which makes it more annoying but not really more difficult.

What did they screw with?

I didn't run VoG this week. What's different?

I noticed the GateKeepers on the bridge in Crota are teleported if they fall off the ledge now.

Ambitious

Hey guys!

I can help if you're on PS4.

I'm desperately trying to get more House of Judgment reputation so I can finally buy the shaders. I could help with Skolas. But I do already have the Triumph, so if someone else who doesn't have it wants the spot, please take it.

neoism

Or arc bolt nades! Oh.... wait :(

<:/ tell me about it the most op grenade in the game the
titans lighting grenade
is still op as fuck.. but the only good grenade for hunters gets nerfed to the ground... the tripmind is ok but not that great....
:/

As long as it isn't lightswitch week then.

It's Brawler and Juggler, thank baby Jesus.

Honestly Skolas isn't much more difficult. Still entirely possible to burn him before second mines. I did it with one group that only had 2 Horns, sub-165 Light, and the non-Horn guy died when we started the burn. You just have to be more careful about getting his health right at 26% before starting.

The rounds before Skolas are definitely more annoying due to shotgun nerf, especially Round 4 which is super tedious now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
disagree, those bastards wouldnt stop killing my majors and would kill the boss right before the last wave was gonna hit.
I've done it with both randoms and friends. Even with them killing majors as well there's so many on the stairs you shouldn't have a problem. Farming boss ads is trouble with randoms though

ocean

Banned
Does anybody know why 13Devs wont be competing in Armsday tourney, today? I dont see their names in the bracket.
Don't know about this tourney in particular but I know they've refrained from participating in earlier events of this sort when the "rules" get too restrictive.

Then again, that was at a time when ridiculous rules were being suggested (only one of each Exotic HC per team, banned perks on those guns etc).

Don't know about this one though.

Hawkmoon is still a 2 shot kill if both shots are head shots and at least one of the shots is lucky. Hawkmoon got a major buff in 2.0 in that you can tell if a shot is lucky or not. Now you can conceivably dump unlucky rounds. So me and a friend (and soon to be* DGAFfer, yergi) decided to do the math to see what's the probability of a 2sk with a fresh mag and if dumping a round or two made sense.

Here's what we got:
55xiZJz.png

There's a decent chance that your first two shots can bring someone down right out the gate. Dumping one unlucky round doesn't really help that much, but dumping two unlucky rounds is decent. But the trade off is you're probably going to have to reload once or twice, because your first round alone is a 22% chance of luck.

Bottom line: dumping rounds in your Hawkmoon doesn't make a big difference.

* he's 3 weeks into his activation wait. haha.
** This was mostly a fun exercise, not attempting to be super-spikey here. The fact that the lucks can stack makes the calculations really complex.

I'm desperately trying to get more House of Judgment reputation so I can finally buy the shaders. I could help with Skolas. But I do already have the Triumph, so if someone else who doesn't have it wants the spot, please take it.

Don't know if you know this but if you have any of the other tokens spare (ship, Class item) you can dismantle them for a small amount of Hjudgment rep.

It's Brawler and Juggler, thank baby Jesus.

Honestly Skolas isn't much more difficult. Still entirely possible to burn him before second mines. I did it with one group that only had 2 Horns, sub-165 Light, and the non-Horn guy died when we started the burn. You just have to be more careful about getting his health right at 26% before starting.

The rounds before Skolas are definitely more annoying due to shotgun nerf, especially Round 4 which is super tedious now.

That's kind of what I figured. I haven't done Skolas in months so I wasn't sure what the deal was. Definitely going to be tedious now that shotguns are mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom