• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

What is everyone's impressions on the new bounties?

I haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet, how have they been for PvE and PvP the last few days? Better than the old ones?

I haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet, how have they been for PvE and PvP the last few days? Better than the old ones?

For PvP, they seem to be generally easier than the old ones... I can usually knock them out in 1-2 games, depending on how my team is doing.

Primus

Good lord, the XP. THE XP. Went from 28 to 34 in the space of a few hours of bounties and clearing old quests that the Abandoned Quest terminal decided to give to me.

Is it worth it to complete a full set of 12 bounties and sit on them until next Tuesday, then pop the 25% XP bonus item I've had hanging around in my inventory forever and turn them all in at once and immediately get a couple more levels?

Kyoufu

Good lord, the XP. THE XP. Went from 28 to 34 in the space of a few hours of bounties and clearing old quests that the Abandoned Quest terminal decided to give to me.

Is it worth it to complete a full set of 12 bounties and sit on them until next Tuesday, then pop the 25% XP bonus item I've had hanging around in my inventory forever and turn them all in at once and immediately get a couple more levels?

For sure. I've got 20 Public Event packages and 10 x 5k XP bounties + 6 x 3000 XP bounties ready for Tuesday. Going to pop a Focused Light and go to town.

They all seem pretty easy and quick from what I've seen. PvP ones are laughable at times with bounties like, win one match, or kill 7 enemies. The PvE ones seem about the same without the mission specific kill so and so. Instead there's more kill this type of enemy, do these kinds of kills, etc

Edit oh yeah lots of crucible bounties require a fireteam which is whatever. Kinda dumb.

ocean

Banned
I caught War playing Skirmish in Exodus Blue and I was so freaking co fused with him saying "where the hell is middle in this map" and "what the hell are we even gonna call this spot".

Totally forgot this map is new for Xbox players :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The Ghalli nerf and this new light level definitely change up VoG.

Mars gatekeeper was way more challenging now. Gatekeeper ate 4 rockets and was still standing. Couldn't even kill one of the Minatours with two rockets.

Afrocious

Mayhem is the PVP equivalent to Taco Bell/McDonald's when you're drunk and need grub.

My kind of PvP.

The Ghalli nerf and this new light level definitely change up VoG.

Mars gatekeeper was way more challenging now. Gatekeeper ate 4 rockets and was still standing. Couldn't even kill one of the Minatours with two rockets.

Really? I noticed the GHorn nerf, but it still seems powerful. Mine was maxed out and I used it on Skolas and it seemed decent.

Haven't done VoG in a hot minute though. I used to tear up Gatekeepers for dinner.

Tovarisc

For sure. I've got 20 Public Event packages and 10 x 5k XP bounties + 6 x 3000 XP bounties ready for Tuesday. Going to pop a Focused Light and go to town.

Will those packs, commendations?, from coins overwrite public event packages or just auto delete themselves, and never show up? I have left 8 slots open because 1 package / 50 coins.

They all seem pretty easy and quick from what I've seen. PvP ones are laughable at times with bounties like, win one match, or kill 7 enemies. The PvE ones seem about the same without the mission specific kill so and so. Instead there's more kill this type of enemy, do these kinds of kills, etc

Edit oh yeah lots of crucible bounties require a fireteam which is whatever. Kinda dumb.

The kill 5 enemies with one life is near impossible for me... I suck so bad at this pvp

Kyoufu

Will those packs, commendations?, from coins overwrite public event packages or just auto delete themselves, and never show up? I have left 8 slots open because 1 package / 50 coins.

Yeah the faction packages will overwrite, so the very first thing you should do when logging in on Tuesday is to open the Public Event packages.

The kill 5 enemies with one life is near impossible for me... I suck so bad at this pvp

Oh I haven't noticed that one. That could be a tougher one. I'm sure you'll be more successful too once this meta settles down a bit. At this point we are all kinda in limbo trying to figure out what playstyles are effective.

Kalamari

How? Snipers are my special 90% of the time.

What? How?

I think they shortened the distance at which damage falloff occurs. I noticed yesterday during crucible that some crits weren't killing. Some people on reddit had the same experience it seems. However, they think that using a longer range scope helps push the falloff distance out further, but aiming time suffers.

I guess Bungie felt that snipers were too strong, but they are supposed to be strong, they're snipers.

Kyoufu

Wouldn't you want to first unlock your new subclass before opening the PE packages?

Yeah, I suppose it depends on how things work, like what level the subclass quest is available and if story missions give rep or not.

If Story missions give rep then my Vanguard will rank up and overwrite a package :(

Afrocious

Mayhem is going to be the choice PvP for our new subclasses as we level them.

I think Hunters are going to get shafted with their bow.

Which is good.

I think they shorten the distance at which damage falloff occurs. I noticed yesterday during crucible that some crits weren't killing. Some people on reddit had the same experience it seems. However, they think that using a longer range scope helps push the falloff distance out further, but aiming time suffers.

I guess Bungie felt that snipers were too strong, but they are supposed to be strong, they're snipers.

I did notice this a bit too. On crossroads I sniped across the map and did 100 less damage than usual on a crit shot. At some point in another match I tried to kill a guy at close/medium range with a body shot and it popped immune for some reason :/. They just don't want everyone using shortgaze probably, but they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

make sure you dont get too excited. wait till you get the new sublcass first, THEN go to town.

eh, you might have wanted to save a couple spaces in the postmaster as your commendations are going to go there

Shard and Dismantle

SsjCkGF.jpg

I think they shortened the distance at which damage falloff occurs. I noticed yesterday during crucible that some crits weren't killing. Some people on reddit had the same experience it seems. However, they think that using a longer range scope helps push the falloff distance out further, but aiming time suffers.

I don't think this is necessarily bad. There are a whole set of sniper scopes and perks that are mostly meaningless because the range stat on the rifles didn't matter. This seems like it falls in line with their philosophy to make stat choices important.

noomi

Mayhem is going to be the choice PvP for our new subclasses as we level them.

I think Hunters are going to get shafted with their bow.

Which is good.

We'll see who was the last laugh huehuehehuehu. *readies bow*

Seriously though, can't wait to mess fools up with the golden hammer.

X-Frame

Yeah, I suppose it depends on how things work, like what level the subclass quest is available and if story missions give rep or not.

If Story missions give rep then my Vanguard will rank up and overwrite a package :(

I think it'd be really quick into the story. I imagine that Phobos mission, then we return to the Vanguard for a de-brief and then we go search for the new powers right after. Could be mission 2 or 3.

Oh I haven't noticed that one. That could be a tougher one. I'm sure you'll be more successful too once this meta settles down a bit. At this point we are all kinda in limbo trying to figure out what playstyles are effective.

Been enjoying using the Sunsinger Stickynades at people with the Bad Juju combo so far. Using the Chest piece that gives me extra nades too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom