• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in this weird state this week where the weapon archetype and perk changes have been applied but we don't have access to any of the new weapons.

The changes were made to "balance" the all the weapons and make us want to use the new weapons... but we don't have them yet so...

TOTALLY

It's so bizarre to evaluate the state of Crucie when like 1/3rd of the weapons it was designed to compensate for do not currently exist.

flkraven

I've done 1 hard VOG and 1 hard crota this week. Both seemed normal to me. Not anymore difficult. Atheon/Crota went down just as quickly. Am I missing something?

I've done 1 hard VOG and 1 hard crota this week. Both seemed normal to me. Not anymore difficult. Atheon/Crota went down just as quickly. Am I missing something?

The bugs seem to be back for Crota, at least.

I just did a hard crota run. On the first run the sword disappeared entirely, and on our second run I was invisible for about three seconds before Crota stood up and he just dumptrucked me.

Bloodsent

there is no more special orders anymore :(
suros pack came to the post master we as well. would have used to have gone to special orders

Not referring to the special order vendor for stuff like preorder bonuses.. The postmaster has different "buckets". There is a one that your faction packages and PE packages go into, 20 slots. There is one where your lost items go into, 20 slots. There is also a bucket where your messages or items from special benefactors, etc. go into, which is also 20 slots.

I had to, there was a new convert on the line.

Not referring to the special order vendor for stuff like preorder bonuses.. The postmaster has different "buckets". There is a one that your faction packages and PE packages go into, 20 slots. There is one where your lost items go into, 20 slots. There is also a bucket where your messages or items from special benefactors, etc. go into, which is also 20 slots.

Im pretty sure they dont stack though. you dont get 60 slots. if you have 20 packages filled up for example and you get a missing blue engram it will push out the 1st package on the list. there is a 20 space maximum.

ocean

Banned
Oh I'd forgotten about this. Look at why Arcbolt needed the nerf stick badly:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=md651Uxc9qs

Ok not representative of average play since this is easily one of the absolute best out there, but notice the goddamn range these things had. Doing 122 meant 1 HC headshot before or after would be a kill, which is crazy.

Daemul

Im pretty sure they dont stack though. you dont get 60 slots. if you have 20 packages filled up for example and you get a missing blue engram it will push out the 1st package on the list. there is a 20 space maximum.

They stack, I have 20 PE event packages along with 5 blue engrams and focused light at my postmaster.

TP-DK

Man I love Strangers Rifle. High stability, high rof and high range plus full auto. The Messenger might be better but this is more fun.

Deku Tree

I know WYL will be streaming. Pretty sure most if not all the other players will be too.

From what I've heard, its standard sweaty rules, but they'll be playing control. Posted on Aug 31st

Lol thats what I heard too :p

Most of the people we hear of formed their own teams. I think Triple is playing on Lumi's team (BSK). I know Geb, Poshy, and Srahb are playing with WYL on "Double Neg". Nemesis is well known. I haven't seen the complete roster for each team but for $800 you can bank on good players showing up.

Not sure but I believe Nghtly and other 13Dev's majorly hate control and all the 6v6 modes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Vanguard Marks are only available in public events right now yea? Shame that no Strikes have them. Grab 30 more and I can be rid of these uncommon boots.

Deku Tree

They stack, I have 20 PE event packages along with 5 blue engrams and focused light at my postmaster.

PE packages don't stack. I have 20 in my postmaster x3 and I did number 21 today and got no package. But yeah other packages and engrams etc will stack below and they don't bump out your PE packages.

Ravager61

I have a (probably) dumb question. I bought destiny about a month ago due to finding it cheap. I leveled up to 24 before the patch the other day. How do I keep leveling now? They seemed to have removed all the strike playlists except the lvl 20 one and that's too low level for me. Everything else is too high level. Is there a way I can level through PVE now?

Note that I don't own any of the expansions. I may buy TTK when it comes out.

Lnkn52

Oh I'd forgotten about this. Look at why Arcbolt needed the nerf stick badly:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=md651Uxc9qs

Ok not representative of average play since this is easily one of the absolute best out there, but notice the goddamn range these things had. Doing 122 meant 1 HC headshot before or after would be a kill, which is crazy.

When he snipes, he slides his shots to get headshots, is that because of the auto aim it works so well?

shermas

I had to jump into that other thread, too. So much hate out there.

About the postmaster, I think I'm done grinding and 'prepping' for Tuesday. I still have to finish the Armsday stuff on my Warlock, but I might just shut it down and chill once that's complete. I don't want to mess up by 'overprepping' or stuffing my mailbox. It might be nice to actually enjoy some of the new content and not just race to 40 as quickly as possible. My factions are edged, I have blues everywhere for Cyp rep, 12 or so public events on all three toons, full PVE bounties ready to turn in, etc. Not sure I want to continue burning out.

/probably be grinding PvP later. xbone.

I have a (probably) dumb question. I bought destiny about a month ago due to finding it cheap. I leveled up to 24 before the patch the other day. How do I keep leveling now? They seemed to have removed all the strike playlists except the lvl 20 one and that's too low level for me. Everything else is too high level. Is there a way I can level through PVE now?

Note that I don't own any of the expansions. I may buy TTK when it comes out.

All levelling is experienced based now. Go do activities and earn EXP and you'll level up.

Is this some kind of "see for yourself" surprise? I've seen changes mentioned, but no-one goes into detail.

You can't drop Relic so no more solo VoG.

You can drop the relic just fine but now it resets your super and cleanse energy. Previously you could drop the relic and pick it back up without resetting your meters, as long as you were the one to pick it up. If someone else grabbed it then it would reset.

This was really smart design because it rewarded higher level play but still punished mistakes if the relic holder died. You could juggle the relic with your weapons to give extra damage on the Templar or help clear Oracles vs. Atheon, which was great for helping less experienced teams. Relic juggling was basically required in the early HM VoG days when the group was filled with Lv29s and/or scrubby players.

Now you can't drop the relic at all if a cleanse will be required soon. It's just boring now. Maybe this is the type of detail many people wouldn't care about but it seriously bugs me. I mean how many more damn nerfs are they going to add? Nerfing Xur's heavy ammo, nerfing a perfectly designed raid mechanic... blah.

These two changes plus Swordbearers now able to deflect our sword blows, all point to King's Fall mechanics.

Essentially, they aren't changing VoG and CE specifically. They're changing global behaviours that are used in the VoG and CE.

I think you['re completely spot on about this, considering how they seem to treat these things very generically (i.e. PoE mines were re-skinned VoG Oracles and reacted to Oracle Disruptor perks).

...but they need to pay more attention to this stuff!! They're damaging encounters that were previously designed to perfection. Templar especially is a master class in great boss design but they keep making it worse (Hobgoblin platform kill volumes, now this).

Interesting. Fouled how?

Supplian
T Kills

COpN9xfVEAAHWBL.jpg:large

lt519

PE packages don't stack. I have 20 in my postmaster x3 and I did number 21 today and got no package. But yeah other packages and engrams etc will stack below and they don't bump out your PE packages.

I've been hoarding bounties and stuff too but I'm starting to wonder if it'll suck some of the fun and challenge out of the story mode by just rocketing up to level 40. I think I'm going to cool it on that.

Bloodsent

Not true. I have my 20 slots filled with PEs and still get lost items in a separate bucket. Also got my Suros items in a separate bucket.

Deku Tree

I didn't say that PE packages stacked.

Not saying you said that, just spreading the word.

I've been hoarding bounties and stuff too but I'm starting to wonder if it'll suck some of the fun and challenge out of the story mode by just rocketing up to level 40. I think I'm going to cool it on that.

It's what I did when my 3 year old woke me up each morning at th crack of dawn and we were both too tired to function properly. I'm gonna use it to level up my subclass.

Has anyone tried the Shadow 701X in PvP since the patch?

Yeah, it's still pretty good depending on the map. It's just more viable now since other things are less good. Make sure you have Full Auto.

Seems like Pulse Rifles will be the new kings, with Scouts second or third with Autos. Hand Cannons feel really weak right now, excluding Thorn which will be obsolete for real PvP in Trials and Iron Lagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom