• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!

I got a 310 stag and a 310 nightstalker helmet from it yesterday, a few others in our group also received some loot. Definitely an increase there.

Also.... we noticed something about the gorgoroth maze order of plates being kinda of funky.... The order and sounds of activation were working differently.

Our group only got 1 exotic in 3x runs.

We also noticed something was funky about the plates!

Bradach

You only need 5+ shards each run. You get guaranteed 15 shards every run per character, so by the time you reach oryx, given you grabbed all the chests, you will have 20 shards in your inventory.

I didn't know it was so many each run. My usual raid team usually skips the dark corridor one as it takes too long to figure out each time.

I've been doing that but think Heroic Raid has its own shard. Bungie works like that lol.

I wouldn't be suprised

Using the test hand cannon and imprecation in crucible reminded me how much fun hand cannons were in crucible. Even with common weapons I felt more powerful and confident than using an exotic or legendary pulse/scout/auto rifle.

Tovarisc

Join me, I'll take you there :p

Legacy Control and Rumble hardly have incompetent players who don't know how to hold pad. Give me decent PvP weapon, I would take Y2 Hawkmoon at this point, I will give these people whooping. This quest HC is just utter garbage, range is so pathetic that you could do more damage if you just threw it at enemy 3m away.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Does anyone have the armsday rolls for the Zinaerea-D?

Also last night was a pretty good raid
Ghost shell
Fusion rifle
Shotgun
Gloves
310 Montecarlo from the exoitic chest
Titan mark
Exotic helm engram from the shade (310 inmost light)

Needed the gloves but they had a shit roll, and didn't have a montecarlo yet. Inmost will be infusion fuel. Everything else was duplicates. Scout and or the pulse rilfe still allude me.

TheBear

If you're looking to do Iron Banner, save your marks.

If not, you can buy vanguard shell (it's 280) if you don't have a higher one already. Or buy an exotic from the kiosk. Dead Orbit's scout rifle is a solid weapon for pve stuff

Already got the shell, thanks. Is it possible to buy weapons higher than 280? Why would I need marks in IB?

E92 M3

Can anyone confirm that once you do the imprecation steps; infuse, 7 headshots in pvp, 7 kill spree in pve, that it is the last step and you just get the first curse the next armsday? Or is there more to the quest?

He really will.

Toppings and all! Disclaimer: limit to 3 toppings.

Using the test hand cannon and imprecation in crucible reminded me how much fun hand cannons were in crucible. Even with common weapons I felt more powerful and confident than using an exotic or legendary pulse/scout/auto rifle.

You know what they say about fun and Destiny: it's simply not allowed :p

For real though, Jon Weisnewski nerfed hand cannons without remorse. The whole weapon class feels like a zombie, but I still use them out of love.

Legacy Control and Rumble hardly have incompetent players who don't know how to hold pad. Give me decent PvP weapon, I would take Y2 Hawkmoon at this point, I will give these people whooping. This quest HC is just utter garbage, range is so pathetic that you could do more damage if you just threw it at enemy 3m away.

Join me, i'm in orbit. I'll help you in rumble.

One more spot if anyone wants to get their imprecation / test hand cannon done. Already got mine so you can kill me for progress.

Pick the 3rd one, with counterbalance.

noomi

The only hand cannon you'll ever catch me using these days is the Hawkmoon.

I just wish there were more hand cannon options that were still competitive, I hope Bungie takes a 2nd look at hand cannons in the future.

I'm pretty happy about where auto rifles, scout rifles, and pulse rifles are today though.

You can find the rolls on bungie.net under Vendors > Gunsmith. But in case you can't access them:

Option 1:
Danger Close, Persistence, High Caliber Rounds, Hand Loaded, Smallbore.

Option 2:
Partial Refund, Rodeo, High Caliber Rounds, Speed Reload, Smallbore.

Option 3:
Partial Refund, Counterbalance, Single Point Sling, Speed Reload, Rifled Barrel.

E92 M3

I just wish there were more hand cannon options that were still competitive, I hope Bungie takes a 2nd look at hand cannons in the future.

I'm pretty happy about where auto rifles, scout rifles, and pulse rifles are today though.

I am happy with all classes as well, but Hand Cannons definitely need another look. They went overboard in typical Bungie fashion.

I still haven't forgiven for all of the Halo 3 nerfs that happened after the beta.

Already got the shell, thanks. Is it possible to buy weapons higher than 280? Why would I need marks in IB?

If you want the IB gear, they cost legendary marks.

You know what they say about fun and Destiny: it's simply not allowed :p

For real though, Jon Weisnewski nerfed hand cannons without remorse. The whole weapon class feels like a zombie, but I still use them out of love.

It's just TLW that got hit real hard, I still enjoy using Ace of Spades and Hawkmoon.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

I just did a few strikes using The Vanity for the exotic gunsmith quest after using mostly Hung Dury and Red Death and honestly I felt sad. I love hand cannons but right now they're worse than other guns. There's no upside to them, feels sad really. I want to use hand cannons but every time I do I know that something else would be more effective in every situation. Sad times.

Tovarisc

One more spot if anyone wants to get their imprecation / test hand cannon done. Already got mine so you can kill me for progress.

Thanks for offer, but I think I just will keep playing with this thing until I get comfortable with its stats and get 7 headshot kills legit.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Pick the 3rd one, with counterbalance.

You can find the rolls on bungie.net under Vendors > Gunsmith. But in case you can't access them:

Option 1:
Danger Close, Persistence, High Caliber Rounds, Hand Loaded, Smallbore.

Option 2:
Partial Refund, Rodeo, High Caliber Rounds, Speed Reload, Smallbore.

Option 3:
Partial Refund, Counterbalance, Single Point Sling, Speed Reload, Rifled Barrel.

Thanks dudes. And cool, I didn't know you could view armsday rolls on bnet.

Rank 5 gunsmith. From the looks of it it isn't the biggest pvp contender

Rank 5 gunsmith.

You're probably better of using Hawkmoon.

Thanks. Yeah, Hawkmoon was the only hand cannon I could get a few kills with last night. Might need to infuse it up a bit. Only 280. I refuse to succumb to the garbage weapon class of pulse rifles. I hated burst fire in real life, and I hate it in video games. One trigger pull, one bullet on target, the others....hope for the best. Making these higher impact PRs have ultra stability and good range completely nullifies the "disadvantage" of their burst fire. No PR should be so stable that multiple bullets can hit precision at distance. The way PR RoF and impact numbers are set, it allows for greater DPS at range than a scout, and more DPS at medium/medium-close than an AR. The same way high RoF HMG's and AR's have less impact, high stability PR's should have less impact. If a PR has high impact projectiles, that should result in severe recoil, and way shitter grouping, especially at distance.

Rank 5 Gunsmith:

- Get 1st quest, finish, wait a week
- Get another quest... finish... wait another week
- Get da gun

Sounds thrilling.

Number45

When did you finish up the Warsat part and handed in the core to the Gunsmith? The next part should pop up the day after handing in the core.

Wait do you mean you have the exotic part that needs 5 parts? I heard if you turn it in you should get the quest or last step the following day. Or am I misunderstanding something..

you turn that fusion core into Banshee once its complete, he will say he wants to show it off around the tower.
The next day, you should get a mission to do the SABER strike in your directory after talking to him, he does not give you any items at this time, and you shouldn't have any items.

To give him the fusion core, you have to press triangle on the item in your inventory, and equip each part that you got from doing warsats, archive mission, and destroying a heavy weapon.
I get nothing at all when I go to Banshee. I just have the item in my inventory (can't show you it as I'm at work and bungie.net shows the object as classified) and nothing obvious that I can do with it. :s

Will get a screen later, if I get the chance. Hopefully signing off on a new car tonight. Excite! ^_^

Agent

The Android Destiny app had an update for me this morning to add in the new Eververse Trading Company info....but more importantly the Sleeper Stimulant can be transferred via the app.

noomi

So as per the new patch notes yesterday, they mentioned an increased rate of shard drops from the first raid chest.

Anyone actually notice more shards dropping, I got the typical 2 shards on each one of our runs.

E92 M3

If you want the IB gear, they cost legendary marks.

It's just TLW that got hit real hard, I still enjoy using Ace of Spades and Hawkmoon.

Funny enough, TLW is still my favorite gun even though it go hit hard.

I use a 310 Hawkmoon on my Titan and wonder everyday how it was like for you Playstation folk to experience the true power.

i decided to abandon the Imprecation Quest. Not going into the crucible with bad ranged handcannon to streak.

i am already swimming in Hawkmoons 2.0 and have a 2.0 Last Word plus my Hunter has his Ace of Spades.

bye bye Imprecation quest

Homeboyd

The gunsmith takes your imprecation gun when you finish the sprees step right? I completed the quest and it just took away my primary (I had none equipped as a result) when I started the last step at the gunsmith. Swapped to another primary and the white imprecation gun is gone. Figured it was supposed to happen, just making sure.

The gunsmith takes your imprecation gun when you finish the sprees step right? I completed the quest and it just took away my primary (I had none equipped as a result) when I started the last step at the gunsmith. Swapped to another primary and the white imprecation gun is gone. Figured it was supposed to happen, just making sure.
i intentionally sharded mine and cant get another back. so i dunno

Trakan

So as per the new patch notes yesterday, they mentioned an increased rate of shard drops from the first raid chest.

Anyone actually notice more shards dropping, I got the typical 2 shards on each one of our runs.

They did increase it... from 1 to 2.

E92 M3

Used to be 1 for the first chest.

Definitely not complaining as i own it, fun to use thats all.

Ah, I've just been reading some complaints and made the wrong assumption. My bad.

purg3

slept with Malkin
i decided to abandon the Imprecation Quest. Not going into the crucible with bad ranged handcannon to streak.

i am already swimming in Hawkmoons 2.0 and have a 2.0 Last Word plus my Hunter has his Ace of Spades.

For the part that needs to be done in PvP, is it just headshot kills, or do you have to get a kill streak with it?

I assume they were talking about the very first chest, the one after opening the portal. It only gives 1 shard and will now probably give 2 :p

E92 M3

What Bungie would TRULY make a ton of cash of, is if they allowed me to transfer my account to PS4 so I can play on both consoles.

They would make so much money.

Honestly it's not that hard, I can help you if you want.

Yes, gunsmith will take it away.

Next week you'll get it back. With a gold paint job and worse stats :p

Tovarisc

For the part that needs to be done in PvP, is it just headshot kills, or do you have to get a kill streak with it?

It's 7 headshot kills within single match, but getting those 7 headshots isn't easy with those shit stats gun has. Took me several games to get used to that abomination of HC in PvP, but finally got it done legit.

noomi

Yup, gunsmith will take it and return a brand spakin' new First Curse to you next Armsday :)

They did increase it... from 1 to 2.

Used to be 1 for the first chest.

I assume they were talking about the very first chest, the one after opening the portal. It only gives 1 shard and will now probably give 2 :p

Ah ok haha, oh well. The more the merrier I guess!

What Bungie would TRULY make a ton of cash of, is if they allowed me to transfer my account to PS4 so I can play on both consoles.

They would make so much money.

It would be awesome to have you play with us on ps4 man, hope they introduce a feature like this at some point.

Homeboyd

Coolio. Thanks gents.

Never thought I would do the chaperone or first curse quests when I first heard about them. Now done with both sonnnn!

Yes Ace of Spades will be mine today! I hope it's awesome. I used Hawksaw for the first time last night and it was alright. I'm still not 100% comfortable with pulse rifles. I definitely miss last word 1.0 :p

Feorax

Assuming a decent light level, possibly a chaperone and a reasonable degree of competence, how long does KF raid take?

I'd really like to give it a go if I have some time in the next few hours. Feels like there's nowhere else to go from light 294.

E92 M3

Yup, gunsmith will take it and return a brand spakin' new First Curse to you next Armsday :)

Ah ok haha, oh well. The more the merrier I guess!

It would be awesome to have you play with us on ps4 man, hope they introduce a feature like this at some point.

It's the next logical step. Their main issue will be negotiating with the console manufacturers.

Lift of into a positive future:

ZBIL9Oz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom