• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exotic quest anti-hype. I'm on board.

I know it's a lot of ask, but I think exotic weapon quests should be tied to their own special strikes, missions, etc. The remix shield brothers and Sunless Cell are cool, but how much better would it be if it was content you only saw by doing the quest? Just my two cents.

Now, where's that "No Time to Explain"? I need to finish off my exotic weapon kiosk.

That makes sense. For trials though it would be best to just have a rocket launcher you believe? Just to get easy quick kills?
Rocket launchers seem to have really suffered in 2.0. The proximity perk is just total shit now. Maybe Truth is still dominant? I'm loving the raid heavy machine gun in Iron Banner.

Well, I finally dismantled all my Crota raid weapons. I was out of space and since Black Spindle exists, that whole weapon set is factually terrible now.
Did you guys like any of the Crota weapons more than their Atheon counterparts besides the Black Hammer?

The Hunger of Crota was always a nice rocket launcher...

I know it's a lot of ask, but I think exotic weapon quests should be tied to their own special strikes, missions, etc. The remix shield brothers and Sunless Cell are cool, but how much better would it be if it was content you only saw by doing the quest? Just my two cents.

Now, where's that "No Time to Explain"? I need to finish off my exotic weapon kiosk.

I got another sunless cell mission with Holliday sidequest (not the chaperone)

Rocket launchers seem to have really suffered in 2.0. The proximity perk is just total shit now. Maybe Truth is still dominant? I'm loving the raid heavy machine gun in Iron Banner.

The Osiris rocket launcher still dominates in IB, but the impact range got severy reduced.

NastyBook

Am I only one who wants PvP to feel balanced and fun where you don't feel like you have to use class X and weapon Y to have any fun?
I'm just mainly afraid that any type of nerf may be too harsh, making it worthless to use in PvP. I actually like being able to go on the offensive as a Titan now. Running into a room, trying to get multi kills with FoH gets you ventilated more often than not. And nobody ventures into a Titan bubble unless they're derping hard.

But yeah, I have no qualms over balance in PvP.

People nitpick and call out names at the slightest of things, that's why it's understandable.
Like even after Luke's post there are people in the Gaming thread who are skeptical since according to them him because he's a dev who's trying to do damage control...and as such would say anything.

But it's much appreciated none the less for folks such as myself who are satisfied that something was said. You don't clam up because there are knuckleheads on the Internet. Benefits no one.

Ive actually been doing better on my Titan when using fist in banner. You just have to slink around a bit, but it pays off.

Rip fatebringer.

What quest it's? If it's for First Curse I wonder what happened as I never were asked to dismantle any HC's :D Just infuse and do kill sprees.

Have 6 fatebringers. ...I'm sad already that 2 will be gone..when I do this..

This is what Word of Crota was designed for.

Hahaha for Ace of Spades quest. I dismantled only Word of Crota (rip) and Arc Jewel. All I have left is my Fatebringer!

I really have to figure out how to not die if I have the aura thing at the warpriest. Both time I had it I was dead within 3 seconds.

Twas a great run though. You were so close to flawless.

With the Aura its really all about positioning. Trying not to stray too far from your group so they can still damage the Warpriest while still behind cover yourself. All I was doing was throwing some body shots at the Acolytes and when my timer hit 1-2 seconds I would head shot them for the refresh on the buff. The other trick is really never shooting at the Warpriest himself so he doesn't aggro you on the DPS phase. Oh and health on orb pickup. Perfect with the Skyburners Annex helmet. The whole team did awesome though man. Incredibly smooth. Really one of the best Raid runs Ive ever been a part of (to include VoG and CE)

I'm running IB solo. In fact I've never been on an IB train due to time zone differences with most of DGaf.
I've won 6 out of 7 matches so far. One match us 6 randoms smashed a premade team of 6. It was amazing.

I played solo last night, too. I participated in about 15 matches, and only lost 3 of them. The last match we lost was 4 vs. 6, so we were outnumbered, but it was still pretty close. Surprisingly. Sometimes you're lucky enough to be grouped with people that actually know what they're doing.

sajj316

Anyone want to do a T3 CoO and 1 wormsinger rune with me? :D

Speaking of which .. I felt so bad for my cousin who initiated a T3 CoO and got the Crota look-a-like. We had 5 people in the court. I was the only one shooting rockets. It's like people forgot how to beat Crota.

Always good to have your people in the fireteam and knows how to do this ..

maomaoIYP

I played solo last night, too. I participated in about 15 matches, and only lost 3 of them. The last match we lost was 4 vs. 6, so we were outnumbered, but it was still pretty close. Surprisingly. Sometimes you're lucky enough to be grouped with people that actually know what they're doing.

Yeah sometimes it works great. In any case I spoke too soon. I just came out of a skimish match where my team mate went 1:11. We could have easily won if he even tried.

Wait until they'll knock you up to Rank 5 as you get more XP each day, by Sunday they'll be 1000XP each

This is what I get for not really messing with the Iron Banner. I turned two of the weekly bounties in yesterday. At least I'll get the benefits when I switch characters later in the week.

Lnkn52

Drizzay please

aIlv4tO.gif

lt519

Well, I finally dismantled all my Crota raid weapons. I was out of space and since Black Spindle exists, that whole weapon set is factually terrible now.
Did you guys like any of the Crota weapons more than their Atheon counterparts besides the Black Hammer?

Word of Crota was great for Thorn bounty when HCs still ruled the day. I used it during void burns too. Abyss Defiant was fantastic before the AR nerf.

Tovarisc

I'm just mainly afraid that any type of nerf may be too harsh, making it worthless to use in PvP. I actually like being able to go on the offensive as a Titan now. Running into a room, trying to get multi kills with FoH gets you ventilated more often than not. And nobody ventures into a Titan bubble unless they're derping hard.

But yeah, I have no qualms over balance in PvP.

Bungie doing any subclass balancing/nerfing? LOL, that would be first :D Bungie never bothered to tune Bladedancer in any way, people just started to try counter them and get hits in between invincibility frames / lag that attack spam causes.

And not surprised you don't have qualms over balance in PvP, you are playing flavor of the year that utterly rips apart and rapes all other subclasses in the game. To me it's far from fun to see how single use of super can destroy whole spread out team, take all map control away and then proceed to spawnwave rape them again.

Kyne

meh. some underwhelming feedback on The First Curse is floating around.

can't believe they flat out ruined handcannons.

Feorax

Organising this raid is turning into a bit of a nightmare.

2 spots open. We're already in the court of oryx ready to go. Any takers?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Word of Crota was great for Thorn bounty when HCs still ruled the day. I used it during void burns too. Abyss Defiant was fantastic before the AR nerf.

Word of Crota was so underrated. Great gun. I'll never dismantle mine, but the rest are pretty trash. Well, the rocket launcher was good, and I did use the shotgun a bit.

GlamFM

Banned
Still need an Oryx kill. Server maintenance hit us juuuust before the final DPS check. Anybody in the same boat?

Namikaze1

CRShCLKXAAARSZb.png

Guess which one was AFK'ing?

This may surprise you but it wasn't the guy with 3 kills. Oh no, he was helping even if he was feeding them kills. No, it was fucking Endless Truth. You wanna know how he got those kills? He got them by nova bombing them when they got close to him. Fucker AFk'ed most of the match. I had to fucking carry the team to this victory.

Oh and it was such a great win too because the fucking opposing team was teabagging me.

Finished 2/3 weekly Iron Bounty bounties, man they're going to get turned in by mistake before the optimal time. Please bring bounty locking
Tell me about it. I've got a few weekly crucible bounties ready to be cashed in but have to wait till next week for another True Meaning of War. I already know mistakes will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom