• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Y'all get that Suros rocket launcher god roll?

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

Since Suros legendaries only get one static perk and the option to use 2 "middle tree" perks, you can use Heavy Payload and Javelin at the same time, when normally you couldn't.

rL45cXz.png

But how?? Im waking the hive and getting 7 headshots in a row seems impossible with these moving thralls.

And do i have to get 7 precision sprees on crucicble with this awful handcannon? If so, rip.

Yeah, you need 7 headshots in a single PVP game for that sub section of the Imprecation quest. Its not a spree though, you can die between each kill, but they must all be headshots and you must do it in a single game.

Seriously fuck this quest, either you are really good at PVP and do it, or you cheat and organize kill trade rumbles with a friend, or you play 20+ games and hope the stars align in a single game. All for a weapon that is pretty terrible.

With the Aura its really all about positioning. Trying not to stray too far from your group so they can still damage the Warpriest while still behind cover yourself. All I was doing was throwing some body shots at the Acolytes and when my timer hit 1-2 seconds I would head shot them for the refresh on the buff. The other trick is really never shooting at the Warpriest himself so he doesn't aggro you on the DPS phase. Oh and health on orb pickup. Perfect with the Skyburners Annex helmet. The whole team did awesome though man. Incredibly smooth. Really one of the best Raid runs Ive ever been a part of (to include VoG and CE)

The team was great. I love raids like that where everyone is chatty and encouraging and in good spirits and on point the whole time. Destiny doesn't get any better than that.

meh. some underwhelming feedback on The First Curse is floating around.

can't believe they flat out ruined handcannons.

Oh noes...that bad? Got some links?

The only HC I can still use is the Hawkmoon. Based on that Crucible Radio podcast with the weapons designer it sounds like in order to be successful with them you need to be a head shot surgeon at close range.

zewone

Oh noes...that bad? Got some links?

The only HC I can still use is the Hawkmoon. Based on that Crucible Radio podcast with the weapons designer it sounds like in order to be successful with them you need to be a head shot surgeon at close range.

Have you tried Ace of Spades in PVP at all?

It's awesome.

Yeah, you need 7 headshots in a single PVP game for that sub section of the Imprecation quest. Its not a spree though, you can die between each kill, but they must all be headshots and you must do it in a single game.

Seriously fuck this quest, either you are really good at PVP and do it, or you cheat and organize kill trade rumbles with a friend, or you play 20+ games and hope the stars align in a single game. All for a weapon that is pretty terrible.

...or you have a little bit of patience, understand the weapon's range and get it done easily in classic free for all in 2-3 games.

2 body shots + 1 headshot will get you the kill pretty easily if you can't get 3 headshot kills

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

Since Suros legendaries only get one static perk and the option to use 2 "middle tree" perks, you can use Heavy Payload and Javelin at the same time, when normally you couldn't.

rL45cXz.png

I need my marks refunded on the Vertigo ASAP

I will be picking mine up tonight.

darthbob

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

rL45cXz.png

Fuck me, the one week I don't grab the Armsday order...

Oh well, at least it's only good in PvP and I don't PvP much.

I re-purchased all of the content when I got the physical CE because I wanted the book and we don't get anything extra. That kind of stinks, tbh.

yea it was only for people who bought it digital around e3 for the 3 dance emotes, which were announced to be sold separately shortly after. therefore, digital owners ended up being forced into it. looks like we got about the same price worth of emotes in return.

noomi

Anybody here using the vendor version Apple of Discord? Looks pretty good on paper

I used it for a while and then switched to the Hawksaw. Then quickly dismantled my Apple of Discord :p

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

rL45cXz.png

God, I wish I would have bought it... I could have. There's another Suros RL at the gunsmith this week, is it the same one?

meh. some underwhelming feedback on The First Curse is floating around.

can't believe they flat out ruined handcannons.

It really hurt going through all the new PvE content, but as soon as I had to really buckle down and try to do well in PvP with IB and not just cruse through one session for 15 marks, it hit me really hard. I didn't realize that all of my PvP tendencies fit the hand cannon weapon type. I think I am going to have to go the AR route for the rest of IB. I remember not completely hating the Suros Regime back in Y1 IB events, but Thorn was always my baby.

Namikaze1

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

rL45cXz.png
Thank god I ordered two. Now i just need to go pick it up on my alts.

Klyka

Banned
I demand Luke Smith to step in front of all of us and release a detailed statement where he makes absolutely clear what is going to happen with microtransactions,why it happens,when it happens,how it happens and what they will mean for the game.
I DEMAND THIS!

That's basically the Internet right now.

I'm confused. Do I need to go on a 7-kill spree with just this shit hand cannon or do I need to get a 5 kill spree with this shit hand cannon 7 times?

chur

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

rL45cXz.png
Loving it so far. The RL that have dropped for me have had crap velocity and blast radius so this was a godsend.

lt519

My sweet sweet Hawksaw and my new found love for Ruin Wake after IB last night. I really need to find a Ruin Wake roll with Rifled Barrel and something better than Grenadier. The low life perk is amazing for crucible, it has saved me multiple times.

Who is using the new and improved No Back-Up Plans? Can anyone testify to their brilliance?

X-Frame and I were running them last night.

They're nice. He was trying Chaperone, but I haven't gotten his impressions yet. I ran Armor of Light + Invective. It meant I was practically immortal in my bubble, regardless of the number of transgressors. IB was a little too chaotic for me to do much pushing and really take advantage of Force Barrier outside of my bubble.

Solid exotic now, but not a reason to run Defender unless you enjoy it already.

Tovarisc

I'm confused. Do I need to go on a 7-kill spree with just this shit hand cannon or do I need to get a 5 kill spree with this shit hand cannon 7 times?

You need get
  • 7 kills in rapid succession in PvE, Triple Tap required
  • 7 headshot kills in single PvP match, deaths won't reset progress

PuMa

My sweet sweet Hawksaw and my new found love for Ruin Wake after IB last night. I really need to find a Ruin Wake roll with Rifled Barrel and something better than Grenadier. The low life perk is amazing for crucible, it has saved me multiple times.

Good to hear about Ruin Wake. I just got on from an engram last night, but I didnt have a chance to try it yet.

zewone

Any other worthwhile weapons with good rolls this week? I always buy 3x packages across my toons.

I only put in an order for the rocket launcher last week. Nothing else really interested me.

From the reddit page, it doesn't seem like there were any other stand outs.

lt519

Good to hear about Ruin Wake. I just got on from an engram last night, but I didnt have a chance to try it yet.

Yeah fast reload and rate of fire are perfect. High impact, but the perk that makes it is Rifled Barrel, the range on it is silly. I have an Arc for PvP with close encounter and army of one and the range tapers off pretty fast.

AR is not the best route either.

Pulse Rifles rule the meta.

All my pre-patch Red Death friends are mopping the floor right now. I switched to it when the patch went live to prepare and I'm glad I did.

Kyne

It really hurt going through all the new PvE content, but as soon as I had to really buckle down and try to do well in PvP with IB and not just cruse through one session for 15 marks, it hit me really hard. I didn't realize that all of my PvP tendencies fit the hand cannon weapon type. I think I am going to have to go the AR route for the rest of IB. I remember not completely hating the Suros Regime back in Y1 IB events, but Thorn was always my baby.

AR is not the best route either.

Pulse Rifles rule the meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom