• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

My first exotic engram dropped and it's a Jade Rabbit (honestly I was expecting Hawkmoon as I already own that thanks to Xur). Better than Hung Jury?

Also, given that I already own Hung Jury, suggestions for blowing my marks?

My first exotic engram dropped and it's a Jade Rabbit (honestly I was expecting Hawkmoon as I already own that thanks to Xur). Better than Hung Jury?

Also, given that I already own Hung Jury, suggestions for blowing my marks?

Depends. I Would say the jade rabbit is better for pvp and the hung for pve.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not sure I've only seen the cloak and I've heard of someone getting the boots but the rest might be up in the air until people hit rank 3,4 and 5

Depends. I Would say the jade rabbit is better for pvp and the hung for pve.

image.php

Please do me the courtesy of spawning me on the opposite side of the map from the Sunbreaker who managed to throw his hammer while taking a shotgun blast to the face.

They need to nerf at least one aspect of that super. Being killed twice by one super is utter bullshit. I didn't even spawn in that quickly.

Ocho

What's the community opinion on The Invective (final round, full auto, quick draw, acurrized ballistics)? Got one from nightfall last week, 310, destroying in pvp. Seems like a good weapon to keep. Is the gun on par with other shotguns or should I look for something else?

Strider

Correct me if I'm wrong but in control you have a 10 second respawn timer when you die no? Meaning if you don't press square to force a respawn faster you can just stay dead until the enemy Sunbreaker's Hammer is over.

R0ckman

Was playing IB a lot and started thinking, does everyone actually really like control as it is now?

I don't know, it just gets very tiring, because its the same basic strategy over and over and you have to stick to it. Then you see the zone flipping and the refusal for a few people to sit still and hold B. Maybe something to massage the mode into something that is a bit more "idiot" proof.

I guess I figured the average person should have a bit more common sense. Or maybe the game could have rewards or medals or bounties that focus more on helping the average player learn strategies. Getting bounties for staying at zone B (while it is under your control) for 20-30 seconds and basic ones for defending/avenging guardians, having embarrassing medals rewarded such as "Oblivious" - players dying nearby you more than 3 times (based on a certain distance of you) without you taking any action (as in you don't die, get a kill, or score an avenge medal. Or simply having Shaxx yell at you or maybe even both the medal and Shaxx screaming. Some people do get upset when Shaxx screams at them to control the zones and I believe I heard another new offensive one but I was talking to someone so I didn't hear it completely, so maybe this is the thing they need to give their brains a shock to actually get their head into the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in control you have a 10 second respawn timer when you die no? Meaning if you don't press square to force a respawn faster you can just stay dead until the enemy Sunbreaker's Hammer is over.

Yes, it should be mandatory in control really.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ahah well I mean in my experience at least. Iron banner though is another story. No luck with either of them in comparison to red death and bad juju but my jade rabbit isn't 310 and that weapon seems predicated on having high dps/impact.

Was quoted at the 2x post :p

Was playing IB a lot and started thinking, does everyone actually really like control as it is now?

I don't know, it just gets very tiring, because its the same basic strategy over and over and you have to stick to it. Then you see the zone flipping and the refusal for a few people to sit still and hold B. Maybe something to massage the mode into something that is a bit more "idiot" proof.

I guess I figured the average person should have a bit more common sense. Or maybe the game could have rewards or medals or bounties that focus more on helping the average player learn strategies. Getting bounties for staying at zone B (while it is under your control) for 20-30 seconds and basic ones for defending/avenging guardians, having embarrassing medals rewarded such as "Oblivious" - players dying nearby you more than 3 times (based on a certain distance of you) without you taking any action (as in you don't die, get a kill, or score an avenge medal. Or simply having Shaxx yell at you or maybe even both the medal and Shaxx screaming. Some people do get upset when Shaxx screams at them to control the zones and I believe I heard another new offensive one but I was talking to someone so I didn't hear it completely, so maybe this is the thing they need to give their brains a shock to actually get their head into the game.

Yea it's terrible. Yesterday for the first whole minute of the match, I had ZERO people help me with point B. Zero. I got ambushed by 3 of them after 1 whole minute. It's kind of crazy

That's probably a better strategy right now. Personally, I think Crucible is best played faster paced. Staying dead is not helping your team.

I guess we can add this to the Sunbreaker Defense Guide: play dead

Well that's it folks, pack it up.

Just played a IB game where 3 hunters on my team where using the unlimited bow glitch and completely turned the game around. Like they saturated the main control point with 3-4 tethers at any given time, only allowing the other team to camp their home point.

If this isn't killed by the time trials rolls around it'll be a joke when you play a team of 3 hunters.

Strider

That's probably a better strategy right now. Personally, I think Crucible is best played faster paced. Staying dead is not helping your team.

I guess we can add this to the Sunbreaker Defense Guide: play dead

That's not a Sunbreaker defense argument.

It's just dumb to force yourself to respawn when at a big disadvantage like that.

Yes the super is OP as fuck but you should never die to it twice. You're just feeding them free points. So yea at the moment it's best to just wait a few moments to respawn.

todd360

Well that's it folks, pack it up.

Just played a IB game where 3 hunters on my team where using the unlimited bow glitch and completely turned the game around. Like they saturated the main control point with 3-4 tethers at any given time, only allowing the other team to camp their home point.

If this isn't killed by the time trials rolls around it'll be a joke when you play a team of 3 hunters.

We were worried about 3 hammerbros teams, but the true enemy was hunters yet again.

nOoblet16

IB is a snoozefeast, matches are so slow and quiet that it's ridiculous.

Also fuck sunbreakers and fuck infinite Shadowshot abusers.

Tovarisc

What purpose do shotguns serve in the game other than being snipers with auto aim and proximity trigger?

Well one could say that Bungie played it too safe by including those two weapon classes, from fear of alienating "common FPS crowds" if they had e.g. only fusion rifles as "shotguns".

That's not a Sunbreaker defense argument.

It's just dumb to force yourself to respawn when at a big disadvantage like that.

Yes the super is OP as fuck but you should never die to it twice. You're just feeding them free points. So yea at the moment it's best to just wait a few moments to respawn.
Like I said, I wasn't even mashing the revive the button. I spawned looking at him. The spawn points were probably fucked because the team I was on sucked but it seemed just brutally unfair. First time I've ever died twice to the same super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom