• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

The all newbie King's Fall raid is almost in dire straights, Destiny GAF. Does anyone else want to come around 930PM est? No experience required! Totally need 290 light thought.
We had two drop.

Called it quits at Oryx. Not enough light to stay alive.

313 Fusion that I put into my Spindle
313 LMG
311 Chest Piece.
307 Shotgun
307 Class item.

Still at 310. I think you need to be around 313 to get out of red level numbers. I was getting one shot by the ship and two shot by those acolyte eyes.

ich00

The all newbie King's Fall raid is almost in dire straights, Destiny GAF. Does anyone else want to come around 930PM est? No experience required! Totally need 290 light thought.
We had two drop.

I'm not a newbie but can help out if you need a body.

Just finished first Heroic KF, my impressions:
It sucks. Not a single meaningful new mechanic, feels almost identical to NM except for being strongly under-leveled. It's the exact opposite of what they said in the Weekly Update yesterday. And the loot drops are just as bad as NM or worse.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It sucks. Not a single meaningful new mechanic, feels almost identical to NM except for being strongly under-leveled. It's the exact opposite of what they said in the Weekly Update yesterday. And the loot drops are just as bad as NM or worse.

Color me shocked :p

Oh well.

purg3

slept with Malkin

sounds about right

inthrall

Agreed, I didn't find many differences, and the last boss is only hard because most of my group is at 309 (meaning orange enemies)

LiK

I'm glad. Easy trophy.

Lnkn52

Color me shocked :p

Oh well.

But they took off the checkpoint from the ship jumping puzzle.

spyder_ur

Ha, you know I couldn't tell from the stream how you felt...

There are 3 changes and they're pretty minor lol

Namikaze1

Congrats to your team! Post results Image please.

here you go
0LyAL08.png

EjWmNal.png

The only new mechanic are the Knights pm Oryx.

Well, I missed out on a blind raid at release. I was busy fighting 343's crappy coop system for Halo 2 via MCC. We finally got a mission to work and since mission after mission kept working, we had to keep it going.

But hard mode sounds pretty frustrating for most people.

But they took off the checkpoint from the ship jumping puzzle.

They literally added a timegate to people that die during the ship part. That is the literal new mechanic. The people who make it, have to wait for the person who died. A literal time gate mechanic.

Luke, explain yourself.

We had two drop.

Hey I've never done the raid before and I'd be down to try it. I'm on PS4, psn is voa127. I'm willing to try it out if it's tonight. I'm at 293 light. Can probably move things around to get to 296/

Welcome to Destiny

LiK

They literally added a timegate to people that die during the ship part. That is the literal new mechanic. The people who make it, have to wait for the person who died. A literal time gate mechanic.

Luke, explain yourself.

No time...

Anyway, that sounds annoying.

Kyoufu

This is how I feel too.

Totally underwhelming.

BokehKing

Banned

Luke, explain yourself.
It was never added, it was simply always there
But removed for normal mode

#raidlogic

Its not timegated if nobody dies :p

Yeah. It's complete shit. All the bosses, are the same damn thing. Oryx is the only one with a meaningful difference. It's a complete joke they said 'OH WE MADE HARD MODE FIRST AND TONED IT DOWN'. It's bullshit, it's a goddamn joke.

Love. LOVE. LOVE! Everything you guys' are saying on stream post Oryx kill.

feel your pain.. drops have been ridiculously bad and the oryx mechanic is just a dick move

Thanks for your impressions. Was waiting on yours since we see eye to eye on Normal mode. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom