• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

It was never added, it was simply always there
But removed for normal mode

#raidlogic

If people don't want that chest after ships then game does teleport the teammates though. I know in normal mode, I was at beginning part and game teleported me to my teammates when they reached the next checkpoint.

Deku Tree

So if you have a NM weapon with perks that you like (Pulse with Firefly, Pulse with Glass half full, Scout with Life-support, Sniper with Firefly, Sniper with life support, HMG with persistence) then you are better off infusing other Harrowed weapons that you get with worse perks into them...

...similar story with higher powered harrowed armor perks...

...but then you don't get to rock any "harrowed" gear!

inthrall

Yeah. It's complete shit. All the bosses, are the same damn thing. Oryx is the only one with a meaningful difference. It's a complete joke they said 'OH WE MADE HARD MODE FIRST AND TONED IT DOWN'. It's bullshit, it's a goddamn joke.

If anything tone down normal mode more, and leave hard as-is. That way you have a lower point of entry for casual players, and a higher point of entry for the "serious" raiders.

eg: dont spawn ads in pit for normal mode golg, choosable runners for sisters on normal, etc...

zewone

Just finished first Heroic KF, my impressions:
It sucks. Not a single meaningful new mechanic, feels almost identical to NM except for being strongly under-leveled. It's the exact opposite of what they said in the Weekly Update yesterday. And the loot drops are just as bad as NM or worse.
Garbage tier confirmed.

E92 M3

Seems like you guys would rather have a cheap encounter like Crota. I for one am glad they didn't just make a cheap version of normal.

If anything tone down normal mode more, and leave hard as-is. That way you have a lower point of entry for casual players, and a higher point of entry for the "serious" raiders.

eg: dont spawn ads in pit for normal mode golg, choosable runners for sisters on normal, etc...

Yeah, that'd be good. But it's like...loot suck. Being able to get a 310 normal mode piece, and 310 hard mode piece...it's a damn slap to the face. It's a goddamn joke. Lukes here defending 'oh no elemental primaries blah blah' but he cant' explain that shit. It's disappointing.

Namikaze1

Thanks Nami, I meant the one with the deaths and your group light level, if you have it of course.
RuuUH1z.png

Took it from destiny tracker.

BondFancy

Disappointed that as of now there is no special exotic for completing hard mode. Hopefully they flesh out the drops through content updates.

Deku Tree

No one found any new fragments?
No word on completing any "challenge modes"?
No unique Oryx HM exotic weapon found?
No-one got the ship to drop?

btkadams

Yeah, oryx is too hard for us. Think it was 5 308s and a 310. Maybe next week we will get up to a high enough light level for the oryx fight.

Rest of it was cool though. Got some nice drops.

Deku Tree

And Iron Banner, and Trials.

This is unconfirmed. Bungie has said nothing about whether power in the 310-320 range will affect PvP.

hasn't that always been the case?

Not really.

In year 1 if you had a super high attack power weapon then it would do massively more damage to year 1 enemies, this is still the case with year 1 enemies. Everyone can easily one cycle Atheon now for example.

In year 2, it appears that if you are 10 light levels over your enemy and you have weapons which are 10 attack over your enemies level then you do "maximum damage" to that enemy... so having a 320 attack primary in a 280 NF does no more damage than having the same weapon at 290 attack...

...at least that's the way I have understood light level damage calculations from reading people who tested these things on Reddit.

calling it at oryx

good games everyone - sentinal, btk, ipity, kudouz and liam

unless you're 311 the dps penalty is way too high

it's forever #29 all over again, get lucky with drops till oryx and rely on rng to push you beyond 310

so very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom