• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
calling it at oryx

good games everyone - sentinal, btk, ipity, kudouz and liam

unless you're 311 the dps penalty is way too high

it's forever #29 all over again, get lucky with drops till oryx and rely on rng to push you beyond 310

so very disappointed.
My fear is that it will be a damn near requirement to have Touch of Malice on most of team to stagger him.

Homeboyd

calling it at oryx

it's forever #29 all over again, get lucky with drops till oryx and rely on rng to push you beyond 310

so very disappointed.
Oh well that sucks. Guess I'll be running 3x to Daughters for about 13 weeks until I hit 311! 308 now.

This is unconfirmed. Bungie has said nothing about whether power in the 310-320 range will affect PvP.

Not really.

In year 1 if you had a super high attack power weapon then it would do massively more damage to year 1 enemies, this is still the case with year 1 enemies. Everyone can easily one cycle Atheon now for example.

In year 2, it appears that if you are 10 light levels over your enemy and you have weapons which are 10 attack over your enemies level then you do "maximum damage" to that enemy... so having a 320 attack primary in a 280 NF does no more damage than having the same weapon at 290 attack...

...at least that's the way I have understood light level damage calculations from reading people who tested these things on Reddit.

i don't remember that being the case.. i thought the damage was capped as long as you were equal light to the enemy

thats why people were frustrated about being under leveled in hard crota and skolas.. it wasn't the attack value of the weapons

MrS

Banned
Okay, here's the full pic:

J7DiFnv.png
What light level were you all at? Congrats on the kill. We come undone at Oryx

Anyone up for a NORMAL King's Fall tonight (PSN)? I'm thinking around 9-10pm? I'm experienced, but I have one player who's never done Daughters/Oryx.

1. JohnOfMars
2. John's friend

The only new mechanic are the Knights pm Oryx.

That's not a new mechanic, that's a new add spawn. The "Light Eater" mechanic was already with the Ogres in NM.

Differences in HM

Tomb Ships:
Removed the middle "checkpoint" platform so if you die you start all the way over. Fun.

Totems:
Some Knights are Majors. Didn't notice anything else. This is an add change, not a mechanic

Warpriest:
Boss does the Taken Hobgoblin "Retaliation Swarm" attack. Not a mechanic, not even a new attack, just transferring an existing attack to a boss.

Golgoroth:
Only legit new mechanic- One person gets "Unstable Light" debuff when standing in the Radiant Light pool and has to jump out or else it will blow everyone up. Using one orb strat is 100% viable.

Daughters:
The next "Hymn of Unweaving" song starts immediately after the previous one ends, there's no downtime anymore to clear adds or prep. Didn't notice anything else. That's pacing, not a mechanic.

Oryx:
Light Eater Knights spawn in addition to the Light Eater Ogres. We're super under-leveled. Add spawn change, not mechanical.

Might have missed some other small differences but that's all I can think of now.

DarKshodaN

Don't know if today is someone interested in it, but i give it a try before i go sleep.

So i need a Team who can quickly Kill Oryx in the normal raid with me, i have a Oryx Checkpoint and know the mechanics, my other Team was to weak to beat Oryx.

Would be nice to get it done today.

1. DarKshodaN84 (LvL 305)

bitsurugi

Yes!

What level did you start? What level did you beat Oryx at?

Sounds like 308+ is good for everything and Oryx requires 311+?

Ty, gratz to you and your group as well from my part <3

Our group was 308-309. 310 weapons.

We literally one shot all up to Orys, we started 30 mins after release and lost 30 mins to random DC error of one of our members.

Only hard part was Oryx, but not due to dps, but mostly due to surviving shit& stuff. Definitelly gona be a hard part for most of the groups, since you can ''feel''' the light penalty.

I totally want to raid right now. Too bad I have to go to an event.

I can't believe 310 is the low range of hard mode haha.

Also... It's impossible to be 320 since there seems to be no artifact.

Tomb Ships:
Removed the middle "checkpoint" platform so if you die you start all the way over. Fun.

yeesh

is it even worth the risk for that chest anymore? idk

oh wait does HM even drop smouldering shards?

disappointing that the 1 gazer scrub strategy for Golgoroth is viable :(

E92 M3

calling it at oryx

so very disappointed.

Well we discussed the RNG penalties before, but I think it's feasible with lower light.

I'm doubtful about another new exotic since the kiosk seems to be full at this point

wasn't there always space for the "hidden" exotics?

i guess theres no space for the twilight garrison either though.. or the other Y2 gear shown on bungie armory

yeesh

is it even worth the risk for that chest anymore? idk

oh wait does HM even drop smouldering shards?

disappointing that the 1 gazer scrub strategy for Golgoroth is viable :(

You still spawn at the far end if you die after making it across, only 2 Shards is still a thing (even if you haven't done NM)

I'm doubtful about another new exotic since the kiosk seems to be full at this point

wasn't there always space for the "hidden" exotics?

i guess theres no space for the twilight garrison either though.. or the other Y2 gear shown on bungie armory

Well, my heavy weapons used to only have 5 slots. Truth, Thunderlord, and the swords.

Sleeper Simulant added a 6th after I got the weapon.

blackflag

calling it at oryx

so very disappointed.

This happened to us. I just don't think we have the dps most were at 209 and me and another got to 310.

That's not a new mechanic, that's a new add spawn. The "Light Eater" mechanic was already with the Ogres in NM.

Differences in HM

Tomb Ships:

Totems:
Some Knights are Majors. Didn't notice anything else. This is an add change, not a mechanic

Warpriest:
Boss does the Taken Hobgoblin "Retaliation Swarm" attack. Not a mechanic, not even a new attack, just transferring an existing attack to a boss.

Golgoroth:
Only legit new mechanic- One person gets "Unstable Light" debuff when standing in the Radiant Light pool and has to jump out or else it will blow everyone up. Using one orb strat is 100% viable.

Daughters:
The next "Hymn of Unweaving" song starts immediately after the previous one ends, there's no downtime anymore to clear adds or prep. Didn't notice anything else. That's pacing, not a mechanic.

Oryx:
Light Eater Knights spawn in addition to the Light Eater Ogres. We're super under-leveled. Add spawn change, not mechanical.

Might have missed some other small differences but that's all I can think of now.

That's very disappointing. Everything in gaming is letting me down today. First Halo 5, now this. Literally thought they would really spice things up since that's how they talked about it.

Hey, sorry if this is another dumb question since I'm still wrapping my head around all this.

I'm sitting on three exotic shards from old duplicate year 1 exotics I had lying around and I was wondering, would it be worth spending these to infuse a 280 Truth or should I save them for other stuff later on down the line?

Zocano

Hard Mode is disappointing.

They really need to not be restricted by the geometry of a fight. But given how the news about how restrictive their tools are, I doubt that will ever change (unless they just have a completely reworked raid for hard mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom