• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's not a new mechanic, that's a new add spawn. The "Light Eater" mechanic was already with the Ogres in NM.

Differences in HM

Tomb Ships:
Removed the middle "checkpoint" platform so if you die you start all the way over. Fun.

Totems:
Some Knights are Majors. Didn't notice anything else. This is an add change, not a mechanic

Warpriest:
Boss does the Taken Hobgoblin "Retaliation Swarm" attack. Not a mechanic, not even a new attack, just transferring an existing attack to a boss.

Golgoroth:
Only legit new mechanic- One person gets "Unstable Light" debuff when standing in the Radiant Light pool and has to jump out or else it will blow everyone up. Using one orb strat is 100% viable.

Daughters:
The next "Hymn of Unweaving" song starts immediately after the previous one ends, there's no downtime anymore to clear adds or prep. Didn't notice anything else. That's pacing, not a mechanic.

Oryx:
Light Eater Knights spawn in addition to the Light Eater Ogres. We're super under-leveled. Add spawn change, not mechanical.

Might have missed some other small differences but that's all I can think of now.
So I'm awake now and at work, and am just seeing this all now.

Realistically, you can run the HM up to Oryx without any real issue as long as you're approx. 305?

E92 M3

I anticipated the loot glitching so made sure to do normal first for all characters. You guys should expect this type of stuff haha.

Daemul

My team and I are currently on our second run of the HM Raid, and if I had sum up my thoughts of HM in one gif it would be:

IySPC.gif

Saying that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

My team and I are currently on our second run of the HM Raid, and if I had sum up my thoughts in of HM in one gif it would be:

IySPC.gif

Saying that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Sounds like everyone was expecting something cool and instead all we got was the usual artificial difficulty. Shame.

mcfrank

calling it at oryx

good games everyone - sentinal, btk, ipity, kudouz and liam

unless you're 311 the dps penalty is way too high

it's forever #29 all over again, get lucky with drops till oryx and rely on rng to push you beyond 310

so very disappointed.

The raid has been out for 4.5 hours

neoism

calling it at oryx

good games everyone - sentinal, btk, ipity, kudouz and liam

unless you're 311 the dps penalty is way too high

it's forever #29 all over again, get lucky with drops till oryx and rely on rng to push you beyond 310

so very disappointed.

yup shame... not wasting anytime with HM for awhile ..:/

Ken

I was hoping to wake up to streams of people stuck on KFHM progression still.

Even without buying TTK, it still finds ways to disappoint me.

And we hit a brick wall with Oryx.

The lowest light character we had was 307, it appears you simply have to be higher.

Sucks. At least with NM when our group encountered this problem we were able to go farm strikes and jump a few light levels. Now, we're at the mercy of just raid drops once a week.

E92 M3

Dante316

Umm what o.o, TTK is super fun, majority of this thread loved the 1st few days of TTK. The only disappointment is once the quests and raid stuff is over WE WANT MORE stuff to shoot at.

mcfrank

And we hit a brick wall with Oryx.

The lowest light character we had was 307, it appears you simply have to be higher.

But that is called progression content. The whole design philosophy is that you need the gear from multiple clears of the first few bosses in a raid to down the later bosses. Bungie still has not gotten it quite right, but if you cannot kill HM Oryx after 1 clear of the earlier bosses, that is working as intended. 307 easily gets you into the earlier hard mode bosses. Again, working as intended.

Or 310 and all the boss fights are remixed with actual significant changes. I think that's what everyone wanted.

Sure that sounds great too. I think a lot of the problem with the brick wall loot lvl they have set up is that the game does not have enough raid bosses to still make it feel like the player is making much progress.

Ken

Umm what o.o, TTK is super fun, majority of this thread loved the 1st few days of TTK. The only disappointment is once the quests and raid stuff is over WE WANT MORE stuff to shoot at.

Clearing the new raid in less than a day, waiting weeks for copypasta HM raid, and then doing these two things until the next expansion sounds pretty disappointing to me.

But I was mainly speaking as a spectator who wanted to see people do progression on Twitch.

Whatever, you know you'll be 313+ next week...

Hopefully right? I understand his frustration. HM is out. People want to complete it. It's difficult to swallow that you might not be able to finish it...not because you're not a good enough player, but because of a number not being high enough because RNG is nonsense.

Liamc723

But that is called progression content. The whole design philosophy is that you need the gear from multiple clears of the first few bosses in a raid to down the later bosses. Bungie still has not gotten it quite right, but if you cannot kill HM Oryx after 1 clear of the earlier bosses, that is working as intended. 307 easily gets you into the earlier hard mode bosses. Again, working as intended.

Nope, replying on RNG to be able to beat a boss fight is unfair.

Lothars

Game is awesome, It's definitely worth playing and TTK makes it even better. I would recommend to get it even if there is some dissapointing stuff.

Some random thoughts for the day...

I may some day play the hard raid just for the black hunter cloak but otherwise sounds pretty meh with no reason to run it. Also it's pretty dumb that I should ever have to think about running it to get a decent black colored cloak. Let people pick the colors they want themselves Bungie. Edit: Hell sell shaders as microtransactions. I'll buy them for a couple dollars.

I like how there's still apparently 3 missing fragments and still most likely no way to get them until Bungie says go. The time gating is easily the most bullshit thing about this game now imo.`

As for weapons parts nerf, I don't know what happened but I went from 1200 to about 950 over the last week. Was there a quest that needed them or something? If not I don't get why the 25% nerf is suddenly making me lose so much. Either way I now agree it was a shitty change and I really don't understand why it was changed. Just to make people grind the normal stuff more? I don't know but it probably needs changed back.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to stop playing this soon unless something good happens quickly. Halo and Call Of Duty are coming and people seem pretty tired of the crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom