• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyMike

You don't kill the ogres until Oryx is staggered. Prevents the light eating knights from eating the blights, and since the ogres will be stacked on you it's easier to detonate the blights, I guess?

Sounds like a good idea as long as you can take care of all the adds... will try to find a group before reset.

Mindlog

I cleared HM to Oryx on my Warlock, Titan and then Hunter.
It wasn't until my Hunter cleared that I understood the meaning of Red adds (adds =far above your light level.

I'm ready for easy clear kill sun/mon.

Can anyone do me a huge favor and help me with the final mission for the Touch of Malice (fears embrace)? I'm on the final part with a buddy of mine, but we can really use a 3rd person to help us. I really don't want to have to drop out and do it another time, it should only take 5 minutes. I'm on PS4 and my name is wmc342

Do you still need help with this? I fucking hate this mission with a passion (tried to solo it for nearly 3 hours before I could get any help) so anytime I see someone needing help with it, I'm down.

PSN jen867530nine

reply in this thread if youre still looking for help though or I may not see it.

Alright, alternate strategy for Oryx:

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform).
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.
5. The rest is the same. Just repeat 3 more times and you have your kill.

Hope that all made sense!

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8KP3rNwvI

You don't kill the ogres until Oryx is staggered. Prevents the light eating knights from eating the blights, and since the ogres will be stacked on you it's easier to detonate the blights, I guess?

Correct, all you're missing essentially is to get down peoples placements and jobs and once everyone gets used to the strategy its very simple while being less dependant on light level and trying to perfect the original mechanics.

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform.
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.

RG0BS1U.gif

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform.

This mitigates the problem of killing ogres, adds, and knights all at once, because the adds will be clear, ogres dead, and only then will the 4 knights spawn. Those knights move too slowly to even be a problem when the bombs are grouped towards the center.

The only hard part will be getting to the daughter platform without getting wrecked.

Mindlog

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
My two favorite parts of this strat.
A.) It's effective.
B.) It comes after so many complaints that the final encounter was too rigid. Hell I made some of those complaints.

C.) Go Bucs!

LiK

Wow, sounds really easy. So I guess under 310 should have no problem since you'll be in the aura. Any chance I can join a group tonight to do this strat?

Awesome. Thanks for writing it up and the video.

My only concern is that it bypasses the new mechanic they introduced in hard mode, so Bungie may feel the need to patch it, even though I don't really view it as a cheese strat.

Also, it does take some getting used to, since we've trained ourselves on doing it the other way for 5 weeks. Once you get it down, though, it's so much less hectic.

LiK

My only concern is that it bypasses the new mechanic they introduced in hard mode, so Bungie may feel the need to patch it, even though I don't really view it as a cheese strat.

Also, it does take some getting used to, since we've trained ourselves on doing it the other way for 5 weeks. Once you get it down, though, it's so much less hectic.

The adds were the biggest issue for groups I was with and this takes out that problem. I like it.

Got the exotic Solar Sword my first try! Got into a fireteam where a guy was helping his buddy get his Solar. So everyone was on the same page :)

I'm just happy the community figured out another way to take down Oryx. Fight was getting stale.

All thanks to The Legend Himself and his crew that figured out how to 2 man normal mode Oryx. This strategy is a modification of that strat.

LiK

I'm just happy the community figured out another way to take down Oryx. Fight was getting stale.

All thanks to The Legend Himself and his crew that figured out how to 2 man normal mode Oryx. This strategy is a modification of that strat.

Thanks for sharing. It was much needed

I like the alt strat but I'd be worried about the 2 floating people running out of ammo weakening all 4 ogres.

Yea there were times when I did but getting the orges down to half health was pretty easy with 2 people, so killing adds in the begining mixed with ammo synths helped plus grabbing ammo during bomb running segments. Once everyone is at the top anyone can chip extra dmg off the orgres before oryx slams his hand if need be.

gEpa9XO.gif

Yea, I'm interested. PSN is Hoffelcopter.

Thanks for sharing that reddit link to the strat originally. Our group had to work out some kinks still (and everyone did amazing, I was mainly following orders), but we wouldn't have thought to try it without that link.

I like the alt strat but I'd be worried about the 2 floating people running out of ammo weakening all 4 ogres.

Touch of Malice is the solution to all our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom