• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

New Strategy is good. We managed to get him staggered twice even tho most of us were under 310 but still had a few issues surviving. Not too hard at all. Blessing bubble definitely helped me take down the ogres lifebars without a sweat with ToM.

The only issue about using Daughters platform for me was running outta Special ammo.

EL CUCO

Alright, alternate strategy for Oryx:

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform.
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.
5. The rest is the same. Just repeat 3 more times and you have your kill.

Hope that all made sense!

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8KP3rNwvI
I love you.

LTWood12

New Strategy is good. We managed to get him staggered twice even tho most of us were under 310 but still had a few issues surviving. Not too hard at all. Blessing bubble definitely helped me take down the ogres lifebars without a sweat with ToM.

The only issue about using Daughters platform for me was running outta Special ammo.

Did y'all beat it?

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform.
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.

How was this method, for the groups who tried it?

I hate quitting twice in a day. Sorry.
New strategy is really solid and definitely the way to go, but the problem is adjusting to new roles. It's just not how most of us have been playing it.
I personally only had one real concern - finding the vessel and killing him quickly. Everything else is easy.

Well, I did miss a few jumps here and there. Hopefully I can find people to do this again tomorrow morning.

Jafku

Thanks for the strat. Definitely willing to try this tomorrow

LiK

I hate quitting twice in a day. Sorry.
New strategy is really solid and definitely the way to go, but the problem is adjusting to new roles. It's just not how most of us have been playing it.
I personally only had one real concern - finding the vessel and killing him quickly. Everything else is easy.

Well, I did miss a few jumps here and there. Hopefully I can find people to do this again tomorrow morning.

Yea, Vessel was pretty annoying to find amid the extra Knights. Another issue with new strat that takes some time to figure out. Don't worry about it. It was good practice.

catspit

Need help.. What would be better for pvp

Apple of Discord (pulse) with head seeker and feeding frenzy. or..
An Answering Chord (AR) withperfect balance and lightweight. ??

It's for my Zavala reward.

NeOak

Pulses are better than AR atm.

Apple of Chord falls under the 66 RoF pulse rifles. It hits for 25 per crit bullet and 17 per body bullet. Across 3 burst, as long as each bullets hit and regardless of body or crit, it will kill. Just have consistent aim aka hit in the body for all 3 burst and it will always kill.

Nonetheless I never used Apple of Chord so I cant really comment on it.

Hope that helps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Echo is also a pain. When he goes to melee you don't know when he's going to do it exactly. Had to use shadestep to avoid him but he took forever to actually swing before the cooldown killed me.

Lnkn52

Echo is also a pain. When he goes to melee you don't know when he's going to do it exactly. Had to use shadestep to avoid him but he took forever to actually swing before the cooldown killed me.
Yeah that last run he did like almost two rotations before he slammed.

Yea, Vessel was pretty annoying to find amid the extra Knights. Another issue with new strat that takes some time to figure out. Don't worry about it. It was good practice.

Took us a while to get the timing down. But we had someone call vessel where it's at. Call shoot ogres. Call go to blights. Call middle. It was easy after that. Still died to some squishy random stuff. But only took 4 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom