• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilde

Well, by moving gear around I can already get to 313 on each of my characters!

...and I haven't even beat Oryx on any of them yet, lol.

How would that method work when you got ogres running around all over the place wreaking havoc? What happens if you kill one where everyone meets in the middle and inadvertently trigger the orb?

You don't. Everyone is up top on Sisters platform after the relic is grabbed. Everyone shoots the vessel. Stagger oryx then the ogres should be congregated to two spots. Everyone finishes off ogres two people detonated blights. They should be right on top of each other. After that relic guy jumps down and everyone follows for the immunity.

It seems more of a way for undergeared people to still kill oryx. Should work. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. People on reddit have tried it and said it works fairly well.

wait what

CSIHqAmVEAMWELE.jpg:orig

Doberu

Anyone doing Normal Mode? I know all the fights. But mostly I just want to do the ships for the fragment so I can get my Touch of Malice.

lt519

Hello everyone. How goes the drops?

Pretty fantastic, no Oryx fights, and one skipped totem but: 320 ghost, 318/312 MG, 318 Shotty, a piece of gear for each character over 315 and one at 311, 310 exotic helm from the chest during a NM run too earlier in the week I guess counts.

lt519

Really? It just seems kind of cumbersome.

I've been using one with cluster bombs, it wrecks. It's just not a better weapon to have equipped for 90% of situations, but hitting enemy spawns with it can clear adds in a hurry. It's great for solo play on heroic missions to clear adds that spawn with the bosses.

Just beat Oryx. Got 312 gauntlets.

Kill me.

Oh, if anyone is running HM Oryx now or soon on PS4, I have a 311 Hunter who needs a kill.

PSN XxTheReaperxX

LTWood12

i like it a lot for PVE now. still haven't gotten the LMG so i can't say if it's any good for the adds from my experience.

I've been using one with cluster bombs, it wrecks. It's just not a better weapon to have equipped for 90% of situations, but hitting enemy spawns with it can clear adds in a hurry. It's great for solo play on heroic missions to clear adds that spawn with the bosses.

Gotcha. Yeah mine has cluster bombs too. It WAS good for shooting a group right as they spawned.

lt519

Excited to get on this HM Oryx farming train next week after doing a few more full runs of the raid to hit a solid 315. I assume you'll all have this stun then ogre kill strategy worked out for me by then (;

HMD

Am I the only one who is clearly struggling with the damn light stealing knights? they're impossible to headshot for me, they move way too fast, and the only decent heavy I have is a 320 Rocket Launcher, I do have the Machine Gun but it's exactly at 300 light, and Primaries are useless against those guys.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did a run earlier and we didn't need a bubble at all.

As floater I'm up shooting whatever I can before I jump down to help stagger Oryx.

Sky Walker

Am I the only one who is clearly struggling with the damn light stealing knights? they're impossible to headshot for me, they move way too fast, and the only decent heavy I have is a 320 Rocket Launcher, I do have the Machine Gun but it's exactly at 300 light, and Primaries are useless against those guys.
try to headshot them with a high impact sniper as soon as they start spawning. 1 headshot can do massive damage.

Edit : top of the page. Cool to celebrate the fact that I just killed oryx with bunch of lfg randoms :D although the drops are lol : 312 autorifle + 310 gauntlet.

We used 2 defenders bubble strategy to kill ogres and it was super effective. We only wiped 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom