• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Took us a while to get the timing down. But we had someone call vessel where it's at. Call shoot ogres. Call go to blights. Call middle. It was easy after that. Still died to some squishy random stuff. But only took 4 runs.

Only 4? That's really good. What were people's light levels?

Magik

314 ToM feels mighty good.

Just like NM when it came out, it all came down to execution and hoping the game doesn't screw you over.

Once ppl start getting higher LL, HM will be doable for everyone.

LiK

As soon as people can get better drops after reset, Oryx HM should be good to go. I just need higher light for Ghost and Boots to get over 310. If I'm lucky with better weapon drops, even better.

coy

The strat is legit. Took some time to work out things like positioning and callouts but it worked wonderfully in the end. Thanks for the group and HM kill.
Ty Jigga and Kadey for the streams. The runner has it very rough with this strat.
With the ogres not being taken down immediately, it's a newer obstacle to account for. I died once to Ground Slam as the ogre happened to be near the Vessel when I was gonna slam and then another time at 25% I got Eye Blasterated on the relic platform. I almost died on our successful run as The vessel went by an ogre again. Still, the adrenaline is high and so am I (legally).

Magik

Only 4? That's really good. What were people's light levels?

To be specific, it took us 4 full runs (progressing past 1 bomb phase) with a bunch of throwaway runs.

LL were 1 311, 2 310, 2 309, 1 308 i think.

I mainly did a lot of sniping at the top with a 315 1k stare which did about 7500 hp per crit shot. I did three crits each ogre and let the floater do the rest of the damage.

As soon as people can get better drops after reset, Oryx HM should be good to go. I just need higher light for Ghost and Boots to get over 310. If I'm lucky with better weapon drops, even better.

We weren't even that highly leveled. The hardest part was the timing, and having good snipers. Magix and McClintock were getting all of the ogres to the same health making it really easy to get the timing down.

And our runner, coy. That will be easier as people get higher light and more armor.

LiK

Hopefully Bungie doesn't see this strat and try to break their own raid by "fixing" it. Totally legit strat that requires timing and teamwork but done differently.

YA HEAR ME LUKE! ;)

chur

Awesome. If you guys need a sixth next week, lemme know. I can do the Daughter platform part no problem. Hopefully I'm higher than 308 after another fresh run.
You should be able to beat it this week with the right team. Just need a team that's willing to keep at it. At 308 you were doing well with those ogres.

Lnkn52

Oryx down for Jigga and Kadey and company. This strat will be even easier when people get better gear.

The sad part is the RNG light level gear drops for Oryx can be so crap.

Hopefully Bungie doesn't see this strat and try to break their own raid by "fixing" it. Totally legit strat that requires timing and teamwork but done differently.

YA HEAR ME LUKE! ;)

I see you guardians have found a way around the light eater Knight. Gatekeepers will now spawn on sister totems until Oryx does his blast.

It's already on the Destiny forums. Someone posted it 40 minutes ago taking credit for the strategy.

New strat that bypasses bungie's hard raid mechanic, surprise surprise.

Well; the Knights do still spawn. Definitely had to dodge around a few of them while detonating my bombs. That and the strat takes a lot of coordination with the team. Make surE he ogres die at the same time etc. So I wouldn't say it bypasses it as much as it handles it.

Well; the Knights do still spawn. Definitely had to dodge around a few of them while detonating my bombs. That and the strat takes a lot of coordination with the team. Make surE he ogres die at the same time etc. So I wouldn't say it bypasses it as much as it handles it.

Well, they added 4 more adds you HAD to kill, and now you don't - so that's a bypass in my books :)

Just had my first ever raid with Kyne and a group.
VoG.
Its official.
I cant quit now.
Ill be back for more when im 40 and a higher LL Kyne.

Mupod

I can't believe I got nothing but a 310 bond off HM oryx. At least I still have my Hunter to do a full run on - my alts won't have the light level to do oryx unless I find some more 311+ weapons or a ghost.

New strat that bypasses bungie's hard raid mechanic, surprise surprise.

Well, you're bypassing it by doing the fight totally differently. It feels more like a 'hard mode' than the rest of the raid. It's still far from trivial as it requires a lot more communication and timing, just less dumb ways to die to adds and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom