• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Was on the final attack on Oryx... and someone put up a Weapons of Light and blocked all of our shots.

...Are you serious?

deadduck

Started a HM alt run last night with a 296, 297, 2 300s and maxing at 306. One 300 had only done NM once and got to Oryx in 90mins... So quite funny seeing some gear run LFG (not Oryx) posts wanting 310!

Jinjo

They're bypassing the knights by killing the ogres AFTER making Oryx flinch.

As for the vessel, I'm not sure.

Ah wait, knights only spawn in when ogres are killed? I thought it was timed lol. Jumper maybe takes down the vessel with sword/a little help from the two people in front?

Ah wait, knights only spawn in when ogres are killed? I thought it was timed lol. Jumper maybe takes down the vessel with sword/a little help from the two people in front?

They team shoot the vessel after Oryx staggers. So basically, the jumper only steals the Aura.

Edit - you can see that here:

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8KP3rNwvI

Thanks for posting this btw, will try this out.

Toki767

Started a HM alt run last night with a 296, 297, 2 300s and maxing at 306. One 300 had only done NM once and got to Oryx in 90mins... So quite funny seeing some gear run LFG (not Oryx) posts wanting 310!

Yeah, I kind of want to try hard mode at least up to the Daughters just to see if I can at least get better gear to get closer to 310.

the_id

Played with Gaf on normal today. Was great fun despite half has never done the raid. Just needed to be patient. We were all there a few weeks ago anyway.

Time for a rest and try again tomorrow.

Awesome stuff earlier, we got up to the Oryx checkpoint through lots of trial and error. My friend hasn't tried a Destiny raid at all, but he says this was a completely different experience than anything he's played of the game so far. Really fun when the group is patient and willing to work through some of the difficulties. Hopefully we can down Oryx later today!

1. Me
2. Friend
3. the_id
4. UnionCarbine
5. Pandora012
6. A_ButtBaby

GorillaJu

Wait, so there are actually other ways to take down Oryx HM and people were jumping to conclusions about its removing player agency and having only one possible way to do it on the first day of its release?

I simply refuse to believe that.

Wait, so there are actually other ways to take down Oryx HM and people were jumping to conclusions about its removing player agency and having only one possible way to do it on the first day of its release?

I simply refuse to believe that.

To be fair it's a strategy that could have worked on normal mode except no one ever tried it

Zocano

Now alls that's needed is a foolproof strategy to get through the bomb phase beyond getting lucky

I think as long as they are all down relatively evenly, each person can kill a single ogre within roughly the same time and make the run.

Blessing of Light helps a lot, too.

Zocano

We just beat oryx. What we did was kill the vessel then the ogres after oryx was staggered.

To elaborate,

Everyone stagger oryx -> Everyone kill Vessel -> Platform people kill their 4 ogres -> Runner + Floater DPS Oryx to keep him "active" -> Platformers run to bombs at same time -> Floater + DPS jump into the middle and continue Oryx DPS -> everyone regroup after bombs activate.

Was badly of phrased I meant Oryx's bombs

Ooooh. I still think it's somewhat consistent if platform people run around their platform and the extra 2 run on top of either deathsinger platform.

If Stephen_drewz is in for HM Oryx, we have 4:

1 therealinthrall
2 Kurt-Niisan
3 maomaoIYP
4 ?
5 ?
6 ?

I have a 310 hunter I can bring. I only have about two hours so I would prefer to try get up to oryx done on my Titan however if this fills up first I'll come along. I've not seen this new strat though. Have beaten the nm raid 7 or 8 times though so should pick it up quickly.

To elaborate,

Everyone stagger oryx -> Everyone kill Vessel -> Platform people kill their 4 ogres -> Runner + Floater DPS Oryx to keep him "active" -> Platformers run to bombs at same time -> Floater + DPS jump into the middle and continue Oryx DPS -> everyone regroup after bombs activate.

Me as the 100% roamer would not touch the vessel. I'd get down the ogres more and more evenly but everything else yes. 5 people shooting vessel is enough :p

inthrall

1 therealinthrall
2 Kurt-Niisan
3 maomaoIYP
4 skywalker_3li
5 Stephen_drewz
6 Inapplicable

Need one more for Oryx HM now, any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom