• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does taking away the abilities force the player to do.. well anything different from what they do now? I mean if you can burn him in two cycles now.. what does taking away abilities with each obelisk destroyed do to actually change that?

It extends the the fight, and the inability to 2 cycle him means you will have to go through multiple rune stones instead of the 1 alot of groups do now?

I definately wouldn't say most groups. Most of GAF; which represent 1% of the 1% of destiny players yes; will clear him on the second rune. The rest of the community that doesn't have the time sink that we do? No. They will not. Keep in mind a 310+ Black Spindle it Sleeper Simulant is pretty rare to most of the Destiny Community as a whole.

If we are the 1% of the 1%, then only the 1% of the community raid. You're giving the boss fight alot more credit than it currently deserves.

And I've actually done the warpriest fight as a 305 warlock. Without a black spindle. The fights a complete joke.

I guess that's a no. Well next week it is.

If you're on later tonight I can start up a group, I need it on my hunter @_@ Or tomorrow afternoon.

SeanR1221

Ok my cousin and I are looking to do HM Oryx with the alternative strategy.

1.) me
2.) my cousin
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Send an invite to SeanR1221 on psn

GhaleonEB

I realize everyone's raiding, but is anyone free to do a Court of Oryx level 3 rune? I have two, and have failed to two-man it three times this week. Never done one successfully.

It extends the the fight, and the inability to 2 cycle him means you will have to go through multiple rune stones instead of the 1 alot of groups do now?

If we are the 1% of the 1%, then only the 1% of the community raid. You're giving the boss fight alot more credit than it currently deserves.

And I've actually done the warpriest fight as a 305 warlock. Without a black spindle. The fights a complete joke.

If you're on later tonight I can start up a group, I need it on my hunter @_@ Or tomorrow afternoon.

You're probably not that far off with your estimate at least when it comes to hard mode. I think you're giving the Destiny Community too much credit and not realizing that outside of our pleasant DGAF bubble...the game and some of its mechanics are hard. If it wasn't for here; I probably wouldn't have anywhere NEAR the completions I have across all of the raids. LFG sites are a joke when it comes to groups that both stay together AND are actually..good.

As for your first point; yes it extends the fight. And makes small mistakes very costly for some groups. If he takes the right rune first then right after the Oculus dissipates you're getting smashed with 2 of the captain balls which can kill players if they don't disperse enough. It causes you to be wired tighter than if they went away.

And like I said; I kind of enjoy the fact that the fight gets harder to keep people focused. We can however chalk it up to a difference of opinions.

Oh; when I said 1% of the 1% I don't mean when it comes to just Raiders. I mean when it comes to Destiny Players period.

noomi

3 hard mode clears, still no scout and still no helmet. When will i get my bonemarrow shader?!

- 3 Snipers
- 4 Ghosts
- Titan chest
- Warlock Boots
- Hunter Gauntlets & Boots

Not a single primary, why RNG, why?!?!

X-Frame

Not only does Bungie need to reverse their Weapon Part nerf, but they need to add ways to get them.

It's ridiculous that I can't use guns I obtained because I'm constantly between 0 and 20 weapon parts, whereas I have hundreds of everything else, including my Armor Materials.

Not only does Bungie need to reverse their Weapon Part nerf, but they need to add ways to get them.

It's ridiculous that I can't use guns I obtained because I'm constantly between 0 and 20 weapon parts, whereas I have hundreds of everything else, including my Armor Materials.

I think I've whittled my stock down to >30, so they're about to be a huge problem myself. TTK's weapon parts demands for infusion etc already had me well on track to running dry on them before even the economy nerf.

I really lucked out with my HM drops

My hunter ended up with

315 fusion
314 sniper
313 chest
318 cloak
317 gloves

Not to mention I got my normal drops too which included

305 machine gun
304 chest
304 helmet
300 shotgun

Shook Oryx by his ankles. Gimme dat loot

Clearly I'm missing something. How does taking away the bosses abilities with each obelisk destroyed extend the cight at all? That doesn't change the length of the burn phase or the dps of the players, which is how the raid group 2 cycles him.

E92 M3

3 hard mode clears, still no scout and still no helmet. When will i get my bonemarrow shader?!

- 3 Snipers
- 4 Ghosts
- Titan chest
- Warlock Boots
- Hunter Gauntlets & Boots

Not a single primary, why RNG, why?!?!

How would you feel if I told you that Oryx gave me 314 boots lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oryx will once again be a joke in a week or two.

Any confirmation on ship drop, etc? Someone on GAF has to at least have it.

Jabronium

Anyone doing KF NM? TV just freed up and I need a break from my NaNo outlining. PSN is Thrillho. Full disclosure: I haven't set foot in King's Fall yet, so patience may be needed.

Tovarisc

Sooo... what use marks are anymore for person that is close to 310 LL with "essential" gear acquired from factions? I can't think any good way to burn any of those suckers anymore.

Sooo... what use marks are anymore for person that is close to 310 LL with "essential" gear acquired from factions? I can't think any good way to burn any of those suckers anymore.

start a 2nd character, start a 3rd character

i am not eve over 300 mark yet but I am more interested in personalizing my 3 characters to their respective Faction and play style

now that each has a legendary sword, I will decide to go with Arc Blade to prop up as an Exotic sword first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom