• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, did anyone else just infuse their hardmode stuff into their normal mode stuff?

Got a new rocket. No tracking. New boots. Shotgun ammo.

I just infused into my NM stuff that was better (traking + sniper ammo).

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
We almost flawlessly killed Oryx. That was such a rush. The fight is quite mechanical, less scope for improvisations but it's still better than Crota.

Hm Oryx down. Thanks guys.
Warlock helmet continues to evade me.

I might want to do hm Oryx again with my hunter. I need to see if my light level can be raised. I imagine this strategy is pretty flexible since you shouldn't be getting shot at a lot.

Suck a duck Oryx

amKDkFL.jpg

For HM Warpriest, they should change the encounter. Instead of him gaining abilities, he starts off with all 3 abilities that get removed when you destroy each rune stone.

Dunno why they didn't do that.

LTWood12

For HM Warpriest, they should change the encounter. Instead of him gaining abilities, he starts off with all 3 abilities that get removed when you destroy each rune stone.

It should also play "When Doves Cry" right when the encounter starts. It so obviously fits.

Future

Yeah I'm kinda lucky since I have a stash from before the nerf. Though my alt on the other hand might have some issues....

The amazing thing about weapon parts is I literally just can't get them. At least with the planet materials you can at least guarantee some progress even though its boring. A spinmetal plant will always give you spinmetal

For weapon parts its RNG to even see an engram, RNG that its a weapon engram, then RNG that the it actually decodes into a weapon. You can literally play for hours and get 2 parts or so. Unless they think I should be using my legendary marks to buy weapons just to dismantle.

They had to have looked at the top 1% of players who had a stash since year one and thought they had to Nerf it cuz they were rolling with 1000 parts. Insane.

willow ve

The amazing thing about weapon parts is I literally just can't get them. At least with the planet materials you can at least guarantee some progress even though its boring. A spinmetal plant will always give you spinmetal

For weapon parts its RNG to even see an engram, RNG that its a weapon engram, then RNG that the it actually decodes into a weapon. You can literally play for hours and get 2 parts or so. Unless they think I should be using my legendary marks to buy weapons just to dismantle.

They had to have looked at the top 1% of players who had a stash since year one and thought they had to Nerf it cuz they were rolling with 1000 parts. Insane.

The weapon parts nerf made zero sense. Still can't find any reasonable explanation as to whey it was nerfed to begin with.

They made a big statement that in TTK you won't be shoehorned into using one single weapon all the time. That statement is just false. I can only use the 2-3 weapons I've had enough parts to infuse and fully upgrade. I have loads of exotics I would love to try out but can't spare the 30-50 weapon parts to do so.

It would force the player to not be able to 1/2 cycle the boss and to take into consideration the axiom bolts/reactive missiles/darkness blast. As it stands, HM warpriest is a joke that can be 2 cycled.

Got him down to 75% after 1 cycle earlier but, a lot of it is down to luck on that run the Acolytes actually came out instead of hiding behind rocks so could get max time

Anyone beat hm Oryx with less than 310 light using this new strategy? I did it at 311 with warlock and it wasn't too bad.
I have a 309 hunter I'd like to beat hm Oryx with. But if it's substantially harder I'm not going to bother.

To gradually increase the difficulty of the fight as it goes along to stress communication and teamwork. I kinda like it as it is now; to reverse it would make the fight easier toward the end which I don't want in a hard mode fight.

Namikaze1

Spent an hour looking for 3 $20 PSN gift cards. Freaking 7-11 or the Walmart (both down the street from where i live) didn't have any $20 cards in stock. Hell, they didn't even had the new $10 cards in stock for me to buy that and a $50 card. thank god Walgreens had the cards in stock.
No need to wait that long. I'm down for it anytime. Doesn't go above 310 until Oryx and even that is much easier to survive with new strat. Only sketchy part is the runner has to be super duper careful/lucky to stay alive.

New strat removes Ogre DPS check. Only Shade matters now for Light scaling and he's not that hard. Have two people run around two of the platforms, easy way to stay alive during Wrath of the King. Use sword swim across Piston area so that'll be easier than our NM flawless.

I say we attempt it after clearing next weekly reset 3x. Take whatever Light you got and justdoitshia.gif.
Sure. My main is already 312. One more point would push her to 313.

I haven't done the new Oryx strat yet but I watched Save's vid earlier and read his guide.

FStop7

Banned
Out of a the baffling choices Bungee might have done, weapon parts Nerf takes the cake. I don't know how this isn't being patched immediately

I've played a bunch of crucible, patrol and dailies for the bounties for over an hour so. In that time I've netted 0 weapon parts. All the engrams have been armor besides a few. The few that were weapons turned into strange coins and motes.

Then I purposefully grinned engrams in some Coo and strikes. Almost the same result. If I'm lucky enough to get a weapon engrams, I'm "unlucky" when it turns into anything else other than a weapon. I did get a weapon.... but the light was in the 290s...so of course I have to hold on to it to infuse (which I can't because even that takes weapon parts)

So my new exotics and weapons can't be upgraded. My "fun" progression, which to me is earning loot and playing with new toys and builds, have come to a halt as I wait until RnG on top of RnG blesses me with a weapon part. Out of frustration I went to the gunsmith to by a green weapon so at least I could get 4 or something

2400 glimmer for a green = 1 weapon part. WTF is this shit

I've managed to farm 376 weapon parts from about 5 hours of patrols on Venus and Mars. I get the most drops from the area in the barrens where the Vex spawn from a small cave and fight with the Cabal. It's slow but probably the fastest way I've yet to find.

Anyone beat hm Oryx with less than 310 light using this new strategy? I did it at 311 with warlock and it wasn't too bad.
I have a 309 hunter I'd like to beat hm Oryx with. But if it's substantially harder I'm not going to bother.

We completed it last night with:
1 308
2 309
2 310
1 311

Goes really smooth once you get your timings down right.

It's easy w lower light. Did a kill today w a couple 308s.

They should add a 1:1 conversion with planetary materials. Those things are clogging up all my inventory space. Need to do something with them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

We carried LICK and Aka who were both 308.

To gradually increase the difficulty of the fight as it goes along to stress communication and teamwork. I kinda like it as it is now; to reverse it would make the fight easier toward the end which I don't want in a hard mode fight.

The issue with the fight is that it can be consistently 2 cycled. It's easier in the beginning, but by the time you're done with it, it'll be on the easier side than the hard side. It's a complete joke as it is right now. To say 'Oh it's fine if it gets harder' is well, funny because most of the time you won't even see more than 2 powers at once, and alot of the groups that clear HM will have killed him after the first rune stone anyways.

Truant

Still need a piston checkpoint in KF for the last fragment. Just promote me to leader and leave, you don't have to stick around.

PSN hundere

It would force the player to not be able to 1/2 cycle the boss and to take into consideration the axiom bolts/reactive missiles/darkness blast. As it stands, HM warpriest is a joke that can be 2 cycled.

How does taking away the abilities force the player to do.. well anything different from what they do now? I mean if you can burn him in two cycles now.. what does taking away abilities with each obelisk destroyed do to actually change that?

Tovarisc

Any HM King's Falls starting soon-ish and need a man? I would love to get my feet wet with HM and aiming to do full clear, do know most if not all changes to every encounter.

FStop7

Banned
Is the Dreadnaught the only area for wormspore? And the only way to open up patrolling the Dreadnaught is to finish TKK? I guess I know what I'm doing today.

Acidote

It's easy w lower light. Did a kill today w a couple 308s.

They should add a 1:1 conversion with planetary materials. Those things are clogging up all my inventory space. Need to do something with them.

Well, I'm almost 307 so I guess I'll try to find a HM group next save since being Sunday already that will be hard this week. If I'm a little bit lucky I guess I'll be around 310 when I reach Oryx.

That's good to know. Light level is really annoying. Went up 8 points in my gauntlets and was still the same overall light level. Annoying.

Let me know if anyone is planning to do hm Oryx. I want in.

The issue with the fight is that it can be consistently 2 cycled. It's easier in the beginning, but by the time you're done with it, it'll be on the easier side than the hard side. It's a complete joke as it is right now. To say 'Oh it's fine if it gets harder' is well, funny because most of the time you won't even see more than 2 powers at once, and alot of the groups that clear HM will have killed him after the first rune stone anyways.

I definately wouldn't say most groups. Most of GAF; which represent 1% of the 1% of destiny players yes; will clear him on the second rune. The rest of the community that doesn't have the time sink that we do? No. They will not. Keep in mind a 310+ Black Spindle it Sleeper Simulant is pretty rare to most of the Destiny Community as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom